Any Advice For My Poor Skin?!

4 replies to this topic

#1 distractedblonde

distractedblonde

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

I don't even know what to do with my skin anymore (!) I feel like I've tried everything and nothing makes any difference. The problem is that my skin is sooo crazy sensitive, and I always seem to have acne that looks/feels like a rash all over my cheeks and forehead. The only thing I've found that helps is tanning - and I have to go almost everyday for it to work. Unfortunately, skin cancer runs in my family - I need clear skin without tanning!

I wonder if I might have a skin condition like seborrheic dermatitis/eczema/rosacea - anyone have personal experiences to share ?

I don't get body acne unless I put oil on or don't shower - I have nice clear skin literally everywhere but my face. I don't understand. !

Things I've tried & how they've worked:
Proactiv BP lotion - doesn't work at all anymore, used to work okayish (been using ~ 5yrs)
AHA+ Lotion, acne.org - super irritating/painful, does nothing for acne
Cleanser, acne.org - caused breakouts
Dove's beauty bar - did nothing
Nature's cure, the pills - used to help, not anymore
Zest bar soap - doesn't make me breakout, but too drying to use all the time
Tea tree oil - allergic
Most salycic acid products - allergic
Clinique skin care system - broke me out
Cetaphil cleanser - irritated skin
Acnefree foam cleanser - irritated skin
Milk of magnesia - saw a small difference with oil control and breakouts; too irritating to keep using

Current Products:
Physician's formula 'moisture balance' cleanser - hasn't really done anything for my skin
Applied with a clarisonic brush
Clean & clear morning glow moisturizer
1% Hydrocortisone cream spot applied when I feel cystic acne coming - works well if done right away
NYC mosaic powder applied for face makeup

Other info: I run 3-4 miles every other day; I drink tonns of water; I eat fairly healthy - no fast food and I avoid dairy; I change my bedding once a week and always use a clean towel to dry my face.

Any product suggestions/advice to help my picky sensitive skin?

#2 solveanceforever

solveanceforever

Cure Acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Cure Acne

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

use the acne.org line -- follow it EXACTLY, then tell me how it was in detail -- why are you making it any more difficult?

Edited by solveanceforever, 06 June 2013 - 02:50 PM.

1 Start reading --> Help Me! What I Do!?!? /// 2 what to use? right here --> the acne.org line -- why are you making it any more difficult? -- that's all you need. you don't need anything more than that. follow it exactly, then tell me how it was in detail (with photo proofs)

3 is it Christmas yet? -->> Cure Acne Guide <<-- (you may pm me one highest quality evidence for my reviewing)

look, you may not care, but i do -- misinformation or awfully poor data is extremely dangerousmuch comes from marketers, gurus, other media, and simply unreliable, careless people, fake or real, intentionally or not. they are NOT there to help you -- and they don't care about you -- understand that. if they did, they would make sure the data was reliable -- absolutely reliable -- among other things. so you better have diligence. You should care about where you get your data from, because 99% of it is crap, and if you still don't care, then i don't care, and you can go ahead and eat unreliable fast food junk data and bloat yourself up to become a low-quality person for the rest of your life. good people don't want that for you, only the bad do. at times, you'll piss a lot of people off when you tell them what's reality. there's a lot of sigs, and if you want to keep with quality, this is the only place i personally trust until someone shows me solid, reliable evidence. 

i have a one 1-line reply per directly acne-specific thread policy. all distractions/notifications turned off. if you have reliable evidence i should see, you may pm

* evil people have profiteered off of the expense of others long enough,

* so remember im only sharing this guide for those Few people

* that will actually care and appreciate it. im doing you a Huge favour~

#3 sroberts89436

sroberts89436

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

I agree, I have extremely sensitive skin and since I have used acne.org products as directed my skin is nearly perfect.

#4 Xesro

Xesro

You are what you eat !

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Gaming, Movies, Music, Health, Healthy Eating, Working Out, Lifestyle.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

Acne is an inside problem ( poor diet, lifestyle, immunity problems, hormonal ). You are using only outside remedies so things only get worse.

I see that you are running everyday, so that means you take showers often and this might be a problem since you have sensitive skin ! I wash my face once per two days because my skin gets very red and dry even tho I moisturize it !

Did you use vitamin D and zinc ?

Even few days ago, I had a huge acne explosion on my face all the sudden ( even tho I have a very strict and healthy diet and avoided every acne trigger possible ). And after 4 days it heals up on its own. 

Make a test, stop running for a week, see how your skin reacts ! It might be the sweat, it might be the fact that you wash your face too often, the water might irritate your skin. There could be so many factors !

46146861.png

#5 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

Acne is an inside problem ( poor diet, lifestyle, immunity problems, hormonal ). You are using only outside remedies so things only get worse.

I see that you are running everyday, so that means you take showers often and this might be a problem since you have sensitive skin ! I wash my face once per two days because my skin gets very red and dry even tho I moisturize it !

Did you use vitamin D and zinc ?

Even few days ago, I had a huge acne explosion on my face all the sudden ( even tho I have a very strict and healthy diet and avoided every acne trigger possible ). And after 4 days it heals up on its own. 

Make a test, stop running for a week, see how your skin reacts ! It might be the sweat, it might be the fact that you wash your face too often, the water might irritate your skin. There could be so many factors !

hey!

i'll just continue from ur post.since it will be easier for her to relate.

even though i dnt agree with all ur points.=)

staying active everyday is always beneficial.it will take care of ur cortisol level and also over all hormones.

not washing ur face  at least once a days is pretty much modified caveman regimen.

here is my take - http://www.acne.org/...regimentopical/

u can also visit other threads

to xesro :u could work on ur skin and body.may be things u r doing aint going as good.

but even then a lil' more patience would work.

u can also use anything topical but also heal urslef from within.

just never use anything irritating or too harsh.

topicals when used to prevent scarring is a plus point.

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??
http://www.acne.org/...-with-pictures/

huge pores
http://www.acne.org/...dwith-pictures/

indented scar
http://www.acne.org/...iswith-picture/

oils used for cooking
http://www.acne.org/...oilgood-or-bad/

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores
http://www.acne.org/...twith-pictures/

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)
http://www.acne.org/...food-allergies/
http://www.acne.org/...incare-routine/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users