Scratched Skin Off, Left With Large Scab

4 replies to this topic

#1 Helpmeplsss

Helpmeplsss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

So for the last few months my back and shoulders have been relatively clear besides blackheads and whatnot but last night I came across a little cyst that looked just about ready to pop... Could I have been more wrong... After minutes of scratching I managed to pop it but it was definitely not worth it for the damage I did to my skin. I'm left with a pretty damn big scab and I was wondering what I could do to speed up the healing process as in worried that neosporin will just clog my pores.

#2 sroberts89436

sroberts89436

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

So for the last few months my back and shoulders have been relatively clear besides blackheads and whatnot but last night I came across a little cyst that looked just about ready to pop... Could I have been more wrong... After minutes of scratching I managed to pop it but it was definitely not worth it for the damage I did to my skin. I'm left with a pretty damn big scab and I was wondering what I could do to speed up the healing process as in worried that neosporin will just clog my pores.

sounds painful.  You could try grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, or vaseline and then keep it covered with a bandaid.  All of those will speed healing with out cloging pores. Good luck

#3 Helpmeplsss

Helpmeplsss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

alright thanks :)

#4 nakedsmurf

nakedsmurf

Been there done that.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Like everything

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Just let it heal on its own and dont scratch the scab off ,it will fall by itself....sometimes the best remedy is to let it run its course instead of trying a quick fix which could make things worst.

Edited by nakedsmurf, 06 June 2013 - 07:29 PM.

#5 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

Put some Aquaphor on the scab and a band aid. Keeping wounds moist/closed always encourages faster, better healing.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users