Photo

Estrosense - It Worked For Me!

estrosense hormones hormonal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 MelOuttaMegacity

MelOuttaMegacity

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

For all the ladies,

If you have hormonal acne, you HAVE to try EstroSense.  I've been using it for about 1 month, and I've already noticed a HUGE change.

Here's my story:

I started getting acne as a young teenager.  I've been on and off of a million different medications - topical and oral.  It continued and may even have gotten worse as an adult.  I've had good years and bad years.  On good years, I found that the birth control pills made a big difference.  But I would either find a side effect develops over time, or I would just quit taking it because I was concerned about what effects it was doing to my body for taking it for so long.  So I would take it for a period of time (usually at least 1 year), and either switch to a different birth control or stop completely.  I should also mention that I've tried Accutane 3 times.  It worked until about 3-5 months after I've finished the process.

I am now 33, and recently got married.  So... you know how they say the first year of marriage is usually the hardest???  Well... let's just say my hormones have been out of whack, and I've been STRESSED OUT!  Ever since we'd been living together, I had been breaking out WORSE than when I was a teenager.  It was all over my chin and jawline (indicator of hormonal acne) - not small ones, HUMONGOUS ones.  My poor husband was probably thinking, "Wtf!!! What happened to you?  This isn't what I agreed to!!!"  (LOL! Just joking!  He would never say that... out loud!)

Even though I'm still on birth control, I obviously don't think it really has any effect on my acne.  At least - not this particular brand (Marvelon).  So I tried natural products.  I was really skeptical, but I figured I didn't have much to lose. 

I'm now taking:

EstroSense - 2 per day

Evening Primrose Oil - 2 per day

Cod Liver Oil - 1 tsp per day

I know it's only been one month, but this is the time of the month I'd been expecting the zits to pop out.  I actually have two itty bitty tiny ones on my chin, but it's hardly noticeable.

The downside to natural products:  IT ISN'T COVERED BY MY HEALTH INSURANCE!  I wonder if there are similar products out there that my doctor can write a prescription for, so I don't have to pay.

Until then, I will just have to suck it up and pay it.  Or maybe I can cut out the cod liver oil?  I don't know. 

But you know, it's totally worth it.  I even feel healthier.  Oh, and I should mention that my chest area has also filled out.  BONUS!

#2 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

Did you have oily skin, and if you did, has the Estrosense helped? I've been taking Spironolactone for hormonal acne, which got rid of my oily skin, but today I was told by my doctor that I had to stop taking it. I'm trying to find something that I can take instead.

#3 MelOuttaMegacity

MelOuttaMegacity

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

I do have oily skin usually. But I switched to cetaphil facial cleanser for oily skin at the same time as starting EstroSense. So I don't really know which one did the job. Maybe both?

#4 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

I do have oily skin usually. But I switched to cetaphil facial cleanser for oily skin at the same time as starting EstroSense. So I don't really know which one did the job. Maybe both?

Well that's awesome it's working for you! Where did you buy it, and do you know around how much it costs? Do you just take one pill a day or more?

#5 MelOuttaMegacity

MelOuttaMegacity

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

You can buy it at a natural food stores. It costs anywhere between $30-35. I take 2 per day as advised by the owner if the store i went to. The bottle says to take more, but this seems to work well enough for me.

#6 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

The main ingredients that are probably helping are the DIM and Turmeric. You could probably get those two ingredients a little cheaper, but honestly $30 isn't that bad 

#7 material

material

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

I bought this product after a guy working at the health food store recommended it. I've been taking it for a week now. No new changes but I hope to see good results as time goes on!

#8 hearts

hearts

♡ ♡ ♡

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

That doesn't surprise me, since it's mostly DIM and Calcium D-glucarate. DIM + natural progesterone has cleared me completely (I had some bad cystic acne plus all other kinds.) It took a good 3+ months but adding DIM did the trick. I don't take Estrosense, however... I take DIM Plus by Natures Way.

That reminds me, I should post some pictures of my results soon. smile.png

Edited by hearts, 03 July 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#9 3lilpigs

3lilpigs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

The main ingredient being DIM, and another name for this is Estroblock. I second what hearts said in the post above.

#10 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

I thought Estroblock can boost testosterone in some women, though. Isn't that the case?

#11 hearts

hearts

♡ ♡ ♡

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

I thought Estroblock can boost testosterone in some women, though. Isn't that the case?

I'm curious about where you heard that. I doubt this particular brand affects testosterone more than any other DIM supplement. It's almost all DIM.

The ingredients in Estroblock are DIM Complex 100 MG, Indole 3-Carbinol (I3C) 50 mg, Vitamin E as d-alpha tocopherol succinate, Lecithin and Phosphatidylcholine 40%. Other Ingredients: Rice flour and vegetable cellulose.

Here is a link on someone's success using Estroblock: http://www.thelovevi...-hormonal-acne/ However, I really don't think using one major brand over another makes much of a difference. I chose to start the Nature's Way DIM because it's cheaper than most others.

#12 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'm curious about where you heard that. I doubt this particular brand affects testosterone more than any other DIM supplement. It's almost all DIM.

The ingredients in Estroblock are DIM Complex 100 MG, Indole 3-Carbinol (I3C) 50 mg, Vitamin E as d-alpha tocopherol succinate, Lecithin and Phosphatidylcholine 40%. Other Ingredients: Rice flour and vegetable cellulose.

Here is a link on someone's success using Estroblock: http://www.thelovevi...-hormonal-acne/ However, I really don't think using one major brand over another makes much of a difference. I chose to start the Nature's Way DIM because it's cheaper than most others.

If you look up estroblock on amazon, it's in the product description... not sure if it's true, everyone's body reacts differently.