Photo

I'm Back With A Little Video About My Acne Conglobata Scars

youtube acne scars

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 HiImMatt

HiImMatt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hi, hope everyones been well.

I have come back to the forums to share a video with you all. This video introduces myself, talks about my type of acne, the scars its left me, and overcoming them, with a little unexpected twist at the end lol. I also show you part of the scars its left me, my arms, chest, face. Trust me I have a lot more than you will see in the video. hopefully its a little inspiring to some of you out there. Stay strong and live the life you have once. Sorry if I sound weird and what not, I was thinking to hard about what to say lol.

Anyway, here it is.

Edited by HiImMatt, 05 June 2013 - 04:00 PM.

They judge by the way we look, but what they dont get is...The covers not quite like the book.

*Moderator edit - Linking to websites other than Acne.org in your signature is not allowed*

#2 Miss Soloist

Miss Soloist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

I think you're wonderful, beautiful guy. Thank you so much for posting this.

Finished Roaccutane!

#3 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

Great post, man. I've got mad respect for you having the courage to make this video. I can relate to your story in so many ways, especially secluding myself at home for long periods of time. It's awesome to hear that you have a job now and you're getting yourself back out there...I need to make more of an effort to do that myself.

Daily Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP 
-Jojoba oil as moisturizer

Nightly Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Cetaphil moisturizer + a few drops of Jojoba oil 

My Regimen Log: http://www.acne.org/...gs-regimen-log/

#4 HiImMatt

HiImMatt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

I think you're wonderful, beautiful guy. Thank you so much for posting this.

Thank you :). I'm glad my video helped you in some way.

They judge by the way we look, but what they dont get is...The covers not quite like the book.

*Moderator edit - Linking to websites other than Acne.org in your signature is not allowed*

#5 HiImMatt

HiImMatt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

Great post, man. I've got mad respect for you having the courage to make this video. I can relate to your story in so many ways, especially secluding myself at home for long periods of time. It's awesome to hear that you have a job now and you're getting yourself back out there...I need to make more of an effort to do that myself.

Thanks man! I happy my video helped you in some way. Its tough man, I know. It took every ounce of confidence in me to get back out there. And the more you go out and show yourself, the more strong in confidence you become, and eventually you'll overcome this fear, and it'll be like nothing to show yourself to the world, and you'll have the grand prize in the outcome.. your life back :). Don't let acne take the best of you, I know you can do it man!

#6 nakedsmurf

nakedsmurf

Been there done that.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

Best forum since I been a member.
# respect

#7 Bodie81

Bodie81

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

Thank you so much for posting this. As someone who is struggling to come to terms with having acne and their appearance (I am currently having CBT), watching your video was truly inspiring. Not been feeling too great about myself lately and it has given me a lift. All the best for the future!

#8 ibiza1987

ibiza1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

You are so lovely, wishing you all the best for the future! :)

#9 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

Your video is very inspirational and you are very cute razz.gif  You are right, seclusion is not a way to live and we are bigger than acne.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#10 Ruweyda

Ruweyda

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:25 AM

inspiring video!! thanks for sharing it!! and good luck!!grinwink.gif

#11 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

Amazing video! You give wonderful advice in there. You seem like you've overcome some pretty tough situations. I respect you for that, you sem so kind and caring its just amazing! I wish you the best luck with your scar treatment and please update this post with your new videos when you make them! I look forward to going through your journey with you! Your just adorable and I hope you took care of that spider!!
Regimen:
AM: CeraVe foaming face wash, 100mg Spirolactone
PM: CeraVe foaming face wash, witch hazel, Acne.org AHA+
Been taking Sprio since 1/2013

#12 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

Thanks so much for sharing.  I am so happy that you have found a happy medium in your life- that is so much more important than acne.  This video definitely helped me put my life into perspective.  Wishing you all the best hun!

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#13 AmbitiousOne

AmbitiousOne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

What a sweetheart and what a beautiful soul! You are a very cute guy and I wish you all the very best!

Edited by AmbitiousOne, 10 June 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#14 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

You are so genuine! I loved what you were saying in this video and I hope you helped some people find the courage to get out of seclusion. I've had periods of time where I secluded myself, and it never leaves you feeling better. I'm sorry about how unprofessional that nurse was-- some people don't understand the impact they have on others.

Anyway, awesome that you have a job! It's hard right now in this economy. I live right by the GA line in TN! :P Fun times in the south! You have a beautiful smile and you are quite handsome! Thanks for the video!

#15 sidearmsalpha

sidearmsalpha

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

The thing that sucks the most about this is that he couldn't afford treatment earlier to mitigate his condition to prevent the scarring. I have cystic acne and couldn't pay for accutane or to see a dermatologist for a few years because my crappy job at that time didn't offer insurance. As a result, I have scars on my chest and back and upper arms. There should be a program that provides low-cost medical insurance to acne sufferers since severe cases take a major emotional toll on sufferers.

#16 Stella the diver

Stella the diver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

Aw, I want to give you a big hug right there! Great video! 

My daily routine: 

Morning : Wash face with Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash, moisturize with Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer w/ spf30

Before bedtime: Wash face with Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash and apply Tactuo on affected areas

Medication: 100 mg Minocycline/day

Makeup routine: 

Primer: B.Kamins Corrective Mattifier

Foundation: Mary Kay Timewise Matte-wear foundation

Set: Revlon Photoready Translucent Finisher

#17 spartan32

spartan32

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

Great video and awesome attitude. Thanks for sharing.  

#18 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

You are such a sweetheart. You were just so honest and genuine in this video, and I think it's really brave of you to share such a personal story! I could just hug you. I wish I had someone as a friend like you when I was going through a really rough time with my skin.

Oh, and you're really cute. wub.png  And your signature is amazing. It's beautiful. <3

You! Yes, you. The one reading this. You are beautiful, talented, amazing and simply the best at being you. Never forget that.

You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to you boyfriend/spouse/partner. Not to your coworkers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked "female."

Plea to the world: Eat less meat! Or better yet, don't eat it at all! The meat industry violates basic animal rights, it's destroying our planet, and there are so many health benefits you can gain by decreasing/eliminating meat from your diet. Don't let me tell you- do your own research so you can decide for yourself. (The dairy and egg industries are just as horrendous).

I highly recommend watching the movie Earthlings. ^

#19 Scarface123

Scarface123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

Hello there!

I have to tell that you're not alone with Acne Conglobata. I'm just like you, suffering from Acne Conglobata. Allthough I have to admit that your face look WAY better than my face. I'm using Accutane but it doesn't help me. :( What are you using against it? Accutane ? How do you cope with it?