3 replies to this topic

#1 Rhysn89

Rhysn89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

Hi guys,

So I've started exercising quite intensely over the past few months. I am cycling to and from work (20 miles in total) and I get quite sweaty. I have a shower after my cycle when I get to work, and when I get home after.

I have noticed a few more breakouts since starting this. I use very sensitive and soft cleanser, and moisturise and use Benzoyl Perozide 2.5% on each pimple. However, is it possible that I am not moisturising enough and just irritating my skin?  

#2 Xesro

Xesro

You are what you eat !

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Gaming, Movies, Music, Health, Healthy Eating, Working Out, Lifestyle.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

Yeah, sweat does make you breakout.

Make sure nothing touches your skin while you exercise and take a shower right after working out, try not to rub the skin while showering or after. Let your skin air-dry and then apply your daily lotions.

#3 Rhysn89

Rhysn89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

• Xesro, do you think I would need to up my moisturizer amount? Does sweat dry your skin? Or if I just shower straight away is that enough?

#4 Xesro

Xesro

You are what you eat !

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Gaming, Movies, Music, Health, Healthy Eating, Working Out, Lifestyle.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

Well sweating doesn't dry out your skin, but after taking a shower it would. And if you don't have a dry skin it doesn't mean you don't need to moisturize it ! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users