#21 Jamie Ann

Jamie Ann

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

DAY 28:

I'm almost a month down! Wow!

Alright well I had one active (!!!!) this past week and was so excited for it to clear and to not have any actives, but 2 others took its place. Which I shouldn't complain about! 

I went to the derm today and she said I'm looking so good I might only need a 3 month course. Which I'm very worried about. Next time I go in I'm going to tell her more about my history with Accutane and how my acne came back after a year and see if I can do the typical 4-month course. I don't want any chance of this stuff coming back again.

As far as side effects go the only real issue is my lips. Which is expected. The corners of my nose aren't dry anymore and neither are my eyes. 

#22 Tim714

Tim714

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:32 AM

That's great! Yeah, it's probably a good idea to get as much in your system as you can as long as the side effects are mild to make sure it works for a loooooong long time (forever). I can't wait to be done, my lips are driving me crazy but it's still well worth it. I'm glad you're responding to it so well, hope the rest of your course goes even better.

#23 Jamie Ann

Jamie Ann

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

That's great! Yeah, it's probably a good idea to get as much in your system as you can as long as the side effects are mild to make sure it works for a loooooong long time (forever). I can't wait to be done, my lips are driving me crazy but it's still well worth it. I'm glad you're responding to it so well, hope the rest of your course goes even better.

Thanks, good luck to you too! I know what you mean, I'm done with these side effects too!

#24 Jamie Ann

Jamie Ann

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

Month 3:

I'm starting my 3rd month and my derm wants it to be my last. Never heard of anyone on a 3 month trial of Accutane but we'll see. What's everyone think about this? She said I can do a 4th if I really want to.

I haven't had any actives for about a month or more now I think, so I guess it's okay. I just want this to be long-term results and I'm worried about that with only a 3 month dosage. We'll see I guess!

Everything is super duper dry, which is expected. Other than that no side effects.

#25 CWR24

CWR24

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me
  • Interests:Not acne

Achievements

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

Hard to say because everyone is different but longer may be better. Although it sounds like you cleared up really fast so youre probably good. I would judge it and make a decision after this month.

#26 Jamie Ann

Jamie Ann

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

I'm done and off Accutane! 100% clear as of now, hoping it stays this way :)

#27 CWR24

CWR24

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me
  • Interests:Not acne

Achievements

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Good luck hopefully everything works out for you! 

#28 Jamie Ann

Jamie Ann

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

Good luck hopefully everything works out for you! 

Thanks and same to you!

#29 poppycat

poppycat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

Hi Jamie Ann, 

I am just on my 2nd course of Accutane now. 

Apparently it is really important to follow on with further treatment post acctuane with a retin based gels etc. 

My Derm told me that once i finish this course I will need to continue using Adapaline/Differin at least 2-3 times a week for like ever to keep my bad skin at bay- I have comedonal acne though so not sure if its just with my type. 

Just thought i would put it out there!

Hope all goes well!!

#30 Jamie Ann

Jamie Ann

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hi Jamie Ann, 

I am just on my 2nd course of Accutane now. 

Apparently it is really important to follow on with further treatment post acctuane with a retin based gels etc. 

My Derm told me that once i finish this course I will need to continue using Adapaline/Differin at least 2-3 times a week for like ever to keep my bad skin at bay- I have comedonal acne though so not sure if its just with my type. 

Just thought i would put it out there!

Hope all goes well!!

Thanks for that advice! My derm didn't say anything about that. My acne was mild the second time around, do you suggest still doing that? I am still unsure about all that. My derm says why treat something that's not there but then again it does still make sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users