back acne bacne acne

2 replies to this topic

#1 lexibrowni

lexibrowni

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

I started dealing with acne when I was 12.  It wasn't anything major compared to other people, but it was still very noticeable on my face, chest, and back.  My mom told me that I just needed to bathe more and that it was basically my fault.  When I was 14 I was put on birth control pills to regulate my hormones because I was becoming depressed, had wild mood swings, and really awful periods (like I was constantly on it... no breaks).  My doctor also told me that it might help clear up my acne, but also prescribed this ointment for my skin (I don't remember what it was called but it didn't work at all). 

A few months after starting my birth control pills my face cleared up entirely and has been that way ever since.  I have breakouts occasionally, but nothing major for an almost 20 year old.  My chest acne also disappeared.  My back acne, however, refuses to budge. No matter what I do, it will not go away.  It has been 8 years now of dealing with this embarrassment and I am tired of it.  I hate having to worry about backless dresses or tanktops.  I live in florida! I love the beach, but I feel like I can't fully enjoy myself until this is gone.

My acne on my back is pretty much just a ton of black heads with some larger red ones scattered.  Sometimes they are quite painful, but normally I don't know they are there until I look.  They aren't big and ugly.  They are just clearly pimples all over my upper back.

My diet isn't poor.  I eat my fruits and vegetables.  I don't eat fried foods normally because I have Celiac Disease... so no breads, pastas, normally no sweets unless I make them especially for me, etc.  I used to work out a lot, but since graduating from high school and suffering a severe ankle and knee injury, that has ceased.  I guess I am still considered active, but I don't work out to the point where I'm sweating a ton.  

Sorry this is so long.  I just really don't know what else to do.  My parents don't want to pay for me to go to the doctor, but all of my scrubs and washes aren't working.  

Do you guys have any suggestions? What worked for you?

P.S. - I have really dry sensitive skin.  So many fruity and smelly body washes can make the acne worse.

#2 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

what exact diet do you follow?

#3 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:53 AM

could u be a lil' more elaborate about ur diet?and lifestyle?

i'd say stop dairy and limit sugary.

u already avoid gluten.do u take any other grains?

also,how's ur water intake?

u could do u elimiation test with night shade members or citrus or anyother food u suspect as trigger.

what washes do u use?

do u use a physical scrub?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users