Photo

What Foods Can I Even Eat Anymore?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#21 a.p.

a.p.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

From personal experience I can tell you that eggs and lean meats can never aggravate your acne. I have for some years now avoided simple carbs, sugars and processed foods and stuck to having eggs, lean meats, veggies and very little complex carbs and acne has stayed miles away from me. 

That's a bit of a sweeping statement! Perhaps that's true for you, but you cannot say that it's true for everyone.

Yes it is! There are people out there that are allergic to eggs and red meat. There is probably a post on here about someone eliminating those two foods from their diet and becoming clear. But, that isn't going to work for everyone because we're not all cut from the same cookie cutter.

I'd say the only way to tell if you're allergic to a food is if you go get an allergy test done. It's just the easiest way to find out. Then you don't have to go stressing out about what you can and cannot eat based on someone else's experience.

Some are lucky to find their triggers without medical help and others not too much.

#22 solveanceforever

solveanceforever

Cure Acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

most ppl can eat anything. food has no effect.

a very few people have allergy, or can't eat gluten, etc.

food has no effect on the majority

#23 Sum1killme

Sum1killme

Resurrected Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Air diet.

#24 sydneyg1990

sydneyg1990

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

I have struggled with my acne since I was 9 years old. I tried literally everything. I tried eating gluten free, but that had no effect. I also read that being vegan would help my skin, so I did. It made it a bit clearer for a couple weeks, then stopped working. What is the only thing that has given me clear skin? Doing The Regiment on a daily basis, religiously. Of course, I try to eat a balanced diet for overall health, but it has been said countless times by healthcare professionals that diet does not equal acne. Enjoy your life. Eat healthy most of the time with treats here and there, and exercise because it helps make your skin. And do the regiment and you'll be all good.

#25 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

I have struggled with my acne since I was 9 years old. I tried literally everything. I tried eating gluten free, but that had no effect. I also read that being vegan would help my skin, so I did. It made it a bit clearer for a couple weeks, then stopped working. What is the only thing that has given me clear skin? Doing The Regiment on a daily basis, religiously. Of course, I try to eat a balanced diet for overall health, but it has been said countless times by healthcare professionals that diet does not equal acne. Enjoy your life. Eat healthy most of the time with treats here and there, and exercise because it helps make your skin. And do the regiment and you'll be all good.

Well, my story is the opposite. No acne drug or topical ever helped. Diet changes clear me. And I do eat mostly healthy with quite a few treats. But I mean truly healthy. Not just what most people including the conventional doctor and nutritionist believe is healthy. Because they are usually mistaken. Just like any that tell you diet has no effect in acne because that was what they were taught in their outdated textbook back in med school. There has been tons of research that show otherwise. Besides it is ridiculous to believe diet doesn't effect acne and anything else you have or may be developing. It is impossible for it not to.

Edited by alternativista, 06 June 2013 - 06:10 PM.

#26 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

In my opinion, the following are the reasons for acne:

1) Insulin resistance

2) Food sensitivities

3) hormonal issues (which is caused by food and MAYBE stress)

4) Emotional/mental problems/issues

#27 Manticore

Manticore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

most ppl can eat anything. food has no effect.

a very few people have allergy, or can't eat gluten, etc.

food has no effect on the majority

That doesn't mean that it should be discounted altogether.

I am 100% convinced that dairy makes my acne worse, and I'm sure that there are others who think the same. It's not just allergies that are involved, but intolerances as well.

I prefer to read what others have had success with on these forums, than listen to the same old "cut & paste" waffle by "experts" on other sites.

Edited by Manticore, 08 June 2013 - 06:05 AM.