Photo

New To The Regime

new regime

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#21 jennb90

jennb90

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

2 Weeks (Day 14)

Well hello everyone,

It's been 2 weeks! A couple of things have happened this week. First off, i didn't break out like i thought i would. hifive.gif  BUT, who knows maybe the big bad breakout will happen later. At the most i got a total of 6 zits at once. So guess that was a breakout? After those flattened out i now currently have 1 active. I do feel 1 or 2 under the skin zits possibly though. Not sure. Other then that my face still burns but not as much. My face is a lot more dry which isn't so fun. The flaking is still mostly located around my nose, top of my lip and on my chin. Started to get a little dry on my temples. 

I started to use this oil on my face that my sister gave to me. Before trying it out i looked it up to see if it would be safe to use. It's an essential oil by a company called Darphin. Its called Organic Tangerine Aromatic Care. It's ingredients are Tangerine, Grapefruit, Sweet orange, Lemon, Carrot Essential Oils, 100% of the total ingredients from natural origin. Formulated without parabens. Non comedogenic. Dermatologist tested. Clinically-proven efficiency. I just copied and pasted that info. So since it's non comedogenic its ok to use right? i'm deciding to use it instead of jojoba oil. If it irritates me or doesn't seem to not moisterize very well i'll stop using it and use the jojoba oil instead. 

But anyways thats really it for week 2. Hopefully week 3 will be good and hopefully the dryness will calm down although i'm thinking it might be a while before my face texture goes back to normal. I'm also thinking the burning will go away soon. I keep wondering if people actually read my log. I don't think i'm too popular yet like some other people i see on here lol. I should probably be a little more social or something.

#22 jennb90

jennb90

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Week 3 (day 21)

Almost to a month! And also now going to be using a full fingers length of BP.

I would say that i haven't really noticed any real change that last time i posted. Some zits have gone down and gone away, but then of course another takes its place. But i haven't really gotten too many on my face at one time. Right now i have 2 actives, and i guess maybe 2 tiny ones that i guess don't really count. After i put my moisturizer on my skin still burns a bit. I have decided to use the Jojoba oil. The way that i put it on is i put it on first and then i put on moisturizer on over it. So i'm using more then a couple drops lol. I just find it kind of annoying to add it to my moisturizer in my palm and mix it up with my finger. The flaking isn't really so bad as of right now. It was kind of bad early in my second week to the middle of the second week. One thing i'm wondering though. If you want to do the jojoba oil exfoliating do you do it before you put the BP on or after?

One thing i have noticed recently is that i got a couple really tiny little bumps under my chin. I'm assuming that they were acne. I have never gotten acne there before. My jaw gets pretty itchy after applying moisturizer and also burns the most. Hopefully all of that goes away. But yeah, anyways nothing has really changed so much. So now that i have up'd my BP i guess we will see if i break out from that or if my face looks better soon. I have been thinking about AHA, but i feel like i'd maybe rather wait until i'm clear to use. On the other hand i heard that it breaks some people out. If that were to happen to me i'd rather that happen at 5 weeks when i still have acne then for it to happen when my face is finally clear lol. Last thing, i'm thinking of posting some pictures once i hit the 1 month mark. Just to see if my face looks any different then the pictures i first posted.

#23 jennb90

jennb90

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

Week 4 (day 28)

Before i get into how things are going. I just bought the Cerave PM moisturizer. It seems to ball up when i apply it after the BP. I read that other people are having this experience. Ahh it sucks. I feel like i've wasted money. The good thing about Cerave for me is that it actually does moisturize well. When i woke up this morning i had less flakes which was really nice. I found that if i apply it in a thin layer and try and not go over the same area it doesn't ball up so much. But i guess i'm just worried that it balling up is taking my bp off. I think i'm going to try and continue to use it and see if i can work with it. Can someone please respond to this with their opinion on Cerave PM.

Anyways on to my experience so far with the regimen. So for the past couple of weeks my skin i would say has been doing pretty well. I have really only had 2 zits at one time on my face. Which is really awesome. The one not so awesome thing is that my jaw line is pretty itchy and gets a couple tiny bumps. I'm assuming they might be acne but i'm not sure. I"m wondering if its an reaction to the bp. But if it were to be an reaction wouldn't that be happening on my face too? Anyways overall things look good. The flaking is still pretty bad though. 

Well, i will update later with photos.

Edited by jennb90, 05 July 2013 - 10:44 AM.

#24 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

The tiny bumps happened to me too!  They have lessesned over time so i wouldn't worry too much about it.  Great job on the improvement!

#25 jennb90

jennb90

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

Photo 1 is before i started the regimen and photo 2 is 1 month of using the regimen. Same for the others. In the 1 month photos you really only see one zit. I know there are other red spots, but those aren't active and then there is my hyper pigmentation (dark spots). I just bought some AHA so that i can try and take care of the hyper pigmentation. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo on 6-2-13 at 6.55 PM.jpg
  • Photo on 7-5-13 at 7.16 PM.jpg
  • Photo on 6-2-13 at 6.56 PM.jpg
  • Photo on 7-5-13 at 7.15 PM.jpg

Edited by jennb90, 05 July 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#26 jennb90

jennb90

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

Week 5

Well hello everyone! I just got my AHA in the mail today. I'm going to apply it tonight. I'm going to do the 1/2 and 1/2  for 3 days a week. Not sure if i want to do it every other day or do it 3 days in a row. Anyways starting out slow with it to try and not break out.

#27 jennb90

jennb90

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Hello. Quick update.

So i bought a new night moisturizer. Its the Neutrogena Deep Moisture Night Cream. I used it tonight and it went on great, smells great, and feels great. BUT, it makes my face warm. I just think thats weird. like i have this warming sensation on my face after applying it. Not sure what to think about that. So i decided i would look up some reviews online. Well...Its as thought this night cream doesn't exist. I look on Walgreens website first because thats were i bought in store. It doesn't exist on walgreens website. I wen to CVS.com, its not on there either. This makes me feel weird about using it now. Even just putting it in google it don't show up. There is only one site i came across that sells it which is Ulta.com. Not sure what to think about it. I mean i guess if it doesn't break me out or give me some sort of rash then i'll keep using it. But the fact that i can't find it anywhere online creeps me out a bit. I would hate to waste money.

#28 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Hello. Quick update.

So i bought a new night moisturizer. Its the Neutrogena Deep Moisture Night Cream. I used it tonight and it went on great, smells great, and feels great. BUT, it makes my face warm. I just think thats weird. like i have this warming sensation on my face after applying it. Not sure what to think about that. So i decided i would look up some reviews online. Well...Its as thought this night cream doesn't exist. I look on Walgreens website first because thats were i bought in store. It doesn't exist on walgreens website. I wen to CVS.com, its not on there either. This makes me feel weird about using it now. Even just putting it in google it don't show up. There is only one site i came across that sells it which is Ulta.com. Not sure what to think about it. I mean i guess if it doesn't break me out or give me some sort of rash then i'll keep using it. But the fact that i can't find it anywhere online creeps me out a bit. I would hate to waste money.

It's interesting that under "product type" Ulta.com says "Sunblockspf20+"... for a night cream... really...

Anyway I don't think you ought to worry too much, as long as it works for you. Everyone's skin is unique. Also, maybe it's a relatively new product?

#29 jennb90

jennb90

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hello long time no post.

Update

I am still getting zits. Not suprised. I mean a this point at 7 weeks i think i'm at i should still have acne. I usually get 2 at a time. As the last one is healing up another one takes its place. My skin is sooooooo dry. I have continued to use Neutrogena's Deep Moisture Night Cream. I'm still getting this very very warm sensation after applying it. Its a bit uncomfortable and lasts 10 - 15 minutes. I feel like its a reaction to the bp. Anyways i think i might stop using it. Its uncomfortable and even more uncomfortable with the AHA. So i think i'm going to go back to using my Neutrogena Combination Skin moisturizer even though its not that moisturizing. At least i know it feels ok on my skin and works well with the AHA. My flakes seem to be more rough this week. And they easily come off kind of. I really hope they become less and less. But i just feel like i'm going to have flakes forever. Boo! I've only tried 2 new moisturers since the combo neutrogena one. And both just seem to not work well. I keep picking the wrong ones! lol I just want my skin to not be flaky as well as acne free. Is that too much to ask? haha