benzoyl peroxide bleach

5 replies to this topic

#1 LEFTwing

LEFTwing

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

I started the regimen recently & I started having some concerns about bleaching. Prior to starting the regimen I used a 4% bp wash and this was enough to slightly bleach my pillow cases. In the past, when I might have been on a different bp regimen, I took a nap on my couch and the bp from my face left a large orange spot on one of the cushions. I'm worried about bleaching the clothing & pillows of a s/o, or couches that I may happen to crash on at friends places. Does anybody have any experience with this, or tips to avoid bleaching other peoples things?

#2 CWR24

CWR24

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me
  • Interests:Not acne

Achievements

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Other than put a cover down over what your laying on not really. All my pillow cases are bleached from over the years lol.

#3 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

Yeah, its a real problem.  I always have to ask my BF to change if he has a decent top on and we plan to cuddle watching tv.  I've bleached a couple of his t-shirts by resting my face on him when he pulls me close. Whoops!

#4 LEFTwing

LEFTwing

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

Does the chance of bleaching lessen throughout the day as the bp absorbs into the skin? Also, is it possible to wear a hat or is this out of the question? If so, would it have to be white?

#5 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

I would say the bleaching effect definitely lessens as the day goes on but not completely. All my running tshirt a are bleached around the neck from sweat running off my face. I normally run after work when the Bp has been on my face all day. All my other clothes are just fine when wearing them normally (eg not sweating through exercise).

A hat will defo bleach around the rim on the inside.

#6 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:working out, sports fanatic, education and higher learning, joking around, yoga, running, concerts, dancing, singing, family, friends, happiness

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

I've lost a few articles of clothing to bleaching... But if that's the price for clear skin, so be it... Had the same issue when I used other acne products, but the difference was, they didn't work... :-/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users