Photo

Subcision Done & Sharing The Rest Of The Journey.

subcision acne scar scar treatment scar deep scar rolling scar

Best Answer Gyta1986, 01 September 2014 - 12:53 AM

Hi 19lee,

really great results you have. I am from SG and exploring subcision too. Do you mind sharing the doctor you went to?

omg that is so crazy because i just made an appointment for a consult for this laser last week.  i wanted to try it for my melasma but knowing that it does all those other things is a major bonus. nice! i cant wait to get this now. i tried to get same day appointment but the place i go to says they dont do that for some reason. anyway i should be getting it done sometime in august then. good deal!
oh by chance how much did you pay for the laser? the place i am going to wont give me a quote until i see them on 7/28. i am just trying to get an idea on how much money this is gonna set me back -ha!

I am located in Singapore, it is about $450 per session in my currency. That would work out to be about 360 USD? Hope all work out well for you!
Hi 19lee,

awesome results you have! I am from SG and exploring subcision too. But it seems that there is very little dermatologists practising this.
Do you mind sharing which doctor you went to?

Hi Jingzai, I'll pm you!

Can you please pm me the doctor details as well? I live in Singapore. Thanks! Go to the full post

48 replies to this topic

#21 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for updating - that's great you had a positive response. My subcision is a week from today and if I get any positive response whatsoever I will be thrilled. Did you ever ask him why he only recommended two subcisions?

#22 19lee

19lee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for updating - that's great you had a positive response. My subcision is a week from today and if I get any positive response whatsoever I will be thrilled. Did you ever ask him why he only recommended two subcisions?

Hi michi31

Thanks, would really love to hear from you again on your outcome and I wish the best for you! Oh yes I did, he say it was just a plan he had in mind, a rough gauge base on the depth of my scar and to incorporate it with mixto lasers, would give me significant improvement. However, it will all still depend on how my skin respond after the second and how happy I am with the improvement, otherwise of course I still can go for the 3rd or 4th. I really have no faith in lasers and likely I will continue on subcisions if they can continue to give me improvement. One step at a time!

#23 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

Yeah that makes sense about the 2 subcisions. I am getting one scar on my chin done - it is a deeper scar that I think it was mostly caused by cortisone atrophy. It looks like a diagonal indentation and wrinkles when I smile. I just hope and pray this is the right thing to do for this type of scar. I'll let you know the results.

#24 FruitBiscuits

FruitBiscuits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

michi31 - thanks, glad to know that Dr. Yang was good. His article is very helpful. I did ping him but did not set up a consult yet. I am on the other side of the coast so I can't use him. I had a hard time finding anyone who does subcision where I live so I did seriously consider flying out to New York if that is what it takes.

For those who are considering Dr. Yang, he consults by skype and charges US$125. 

SKype consultation for $125 is really expensive..., because it is no way you can clearly see scarring thorough skype. What kind of information he can give me for $125? It is a nice idea, but it is unrealistic to me...

I got a lot of resources and free help/advice from org members. If you want, you can post photos of your scars and ask org members. Many people here are so knowledgeable(sometimes more than some doctors), and it's really worth to browsing around org than paying short Skype chat. I also chatted with a few org members on Skype. We talked about treatments and it was very helpful, also encouraging. Some doctor offers free email talk, or even free consultation, too.  But it's just my personal opinions, so maybe some people are willing to spend money for Skype.

Good luck OP! I hope your treatment will go well :)

#25 Texan90

Texan90

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

Bump

Any other opinions on Dr. Yang?

#26 19lee

19lee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

5 weeks after 2nd subcision. 

Attached Thumbnails

• photo-39.jpg

#27 LoserXP

LoserXP

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

Amazing results 19lee!

Please continue to update on your progress!

#28 19lee

19lee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:39 AM

Amazing results 19lee!

Please continue to update on your progress!

Thanks LoserXP, I will! :)

#29 LotsToLearn

LotsToLearn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

Since it appears that you have asian skin like me, may I ask how you managed to balance your skin tone? As in, evening the your facial complex so that the post-hyperpigmentation marks are subsided. Thank you, and I hope you continue to update us!

#30 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

Nice, noticeable improvement on this one.  This Dr. Yang seems to know what he's doing with subcision.   He has some nice before and afters on his website.

#31 stefanohero

stefanohero

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

Hi I'm new here, wow the results are amazing. I had cystic acne for just 4 months, and I went to derma and it just flared up and made it worse, and I decided to go to another derma and had accutane. But they my cystic acne left so many scars even if I did not pick them, I feel so bad about this. Can anyone you help me what will I do with this?

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#32 19lee

19lee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

Hi Everyone

An update on my progress after 4 subcisions and 3 laser tonings and a few home dermaroll. My 4th subcision was done in May and 3rd laser toning last week. My derm recommended laser toning, it has no downtime and I wasn't keen of anymore harsh treatments like mixto and the fraxel lasers which did nothing for me previously. Comparing to my previous update with 2 subcisions done, yes I do find further improvements, scars are not as caved in anymore. Derm suggest that I continue with my laser tonings that help collagen production, putting aside subcision since I already had 4. Recommended 4-6 laser toning sessions. I would say so far it has been a 50-60% improvement overall but of course looking forward for more smile.png Anyone has experience with laser tonings to share? 

Attached Thumbnails

• july8.JPG

#33 pineappleXpress

pineappleXpress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:07 PM

Wow your results are incredible! I'm booking a consult for subcision as well, hope my results will be as good as yours, fingers crossed!

#34 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

looking great! what is laser toning?

#35 19lee

19lee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

Wow your results are incredible! I'm booking a consult for subcision as well, hope my results will be as good as yours, fingers crossed!

You will!

looking great! what is laser toning?

Thanks! It is a laser treatment for rejuvenation, i.e. boosting collagen production, also helps further break outs, minimized enlarged pores and helps scarring. And no downtime!

Have a read here http://www.drcalvinchan.com/treatments/medlite®-c6-laser-toning/

#36 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

omg that is so crazy because i just made an appointment for a consult for this laser last week.  i wanted to try it for my melasma but knowing that it does all those other things is a major bonus. nice! i cant wait to get this now. i tried to get same day appointment but the place i go to says they dont do that for some reason. anyway i should be getting it done sometime in august then. good deal!

oh by chance how much did you pay for the laser? the place i am going to wont give me a quote until i see them on 7/28. i am just trying to get an idea on how much money this is gonna set me back -ha!

Edited by tracy521, 15 July 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#37 19lee

19lee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

I am located in Singapore, it is about $450 per session in my currency. That would work out to be about 360 USD? Hope all work out well for you!

#38 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

thank you for the info! i appreciate it! so glad that things are working out for you. 

#39 jingzai

jingzai

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

Hi 19lee,

really great results you have. I am from SG and exploring subcision too. Do you mind sharing the doctor you went to?

Hi 19lee,

awesome results you have! I am from SG and exploring subcision too. But it seems that there is very little dermatologists practising this.

#40 19lee

19lee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Hi 19lee,

Hi 19lee,

Hi Jingzai, I'll pm you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users