Photo

Indented Acne Scars :(

ice pick indented scar scars make up peels help pores

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#21 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

The sun is damaging to our skin! Whatever you do do not budge from the darkness of your house until you're wearing sunscreen. Even 5 minutes of direct sun exposure is enough to cause collagen breakdown thus leading to our scars looking much worse. Trust me on this! 

Partially Wrong. We cant absorb the sun due to toxins in our lymph system.

If you manage to make your body capable to absorb the sun,then sun is pure food for skin and mind.

#22 Quirky Fox

Quirky Fox

Up Through The Ashes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:51 AM

Thanks so much Quirky Fox!! There is a place in my small city that offers the genuine Dermaroller treatment so I will try them and see how it goes smile.png smile.png  Did you have any enlarged pores/tiny icepicks? Just wondering if they respond to Dermarolling. My problem areas are my cheeks which have some shallow indentations and also these tiny icepicks.

Big pores, yes but no to ice-pick scarring. I have heard from others that the Dermaroller isn't so crash hot with ice-pick scarring but I can't really comment personally, sorry. But my pores do look so much better. smile.png

Tamaara, lovely to meet another Dermaroller fanatic! So happy that you also had the professional treatments and that you are happy with them. It's also great that I am not the only one trying to convince people to see a professional instead of attempting at home treatments. I wish you all the very best! xx

Thanks Quirky Fox smile.png! It's true, I'm a huge dermaroller fan. Can't wait to do new sessions in October and see even more improvement. I agree with you, all this procedures are delicate for your skin and there is a good reason why original dermaroller doesn't sell long needles for home use! If you want original, you can only get it done professionally.

I had 3 treatments so far. My dermatologist actually told me 3 is maximum, since they believe this is all you need and your skin isn't getting any better with higher number of treatments. What is your experience? I can see you did it 5 times. Is there a big difference between 3 and 5? 

Thanks a lot smile.png

Interesting that they told you 3 was max. For me it was a maximum of 6 but to take it to at least 5 to see what the outcome was then. I didn't see much in the way of improvements after two sessions and was feeling like I'd made the wrong choice. But after the 3rd, 4th and 5th sessions I was amazed. It took time to really see the results. I am still seeing improvements even now and have decided to wait until the end of Winter to gauge my final results before I think about whether I need to do any other kind of treatment. smile.png

Now I definitely need to convince my derm to do few more sessions smile.png! Do you think it is important that you do them all together with 6-8 week breaks or is it okay to have half a year gap in between? I have to wait for summer to be over now and I just gained new hope that I can achieve even better results biggrin.png

I don't see any reason you couldn't space the treatments out further as it's not like your results are going to disappear. Maybe your derm is thinking about collagen induction therapy (CIT) over scar reduction therapy? From the original Dermaroller website:

"For Collagen Induction Therapy we recommend to start with 3 treatments, but with a minimum separation time of 6 to 8 weeks between treatments. For Scar Reduction Therapy an average of 3 to 5 treatments are recommended, with an improvement of 70-80%."

The sun is damaging to our skin! Whatever you do do not budge from the darkness of your house until you're wearing sunscreen. Even 5 minutes of direct sun exposure is enough to cause collagen breakdown thus leading to our scars looking much worse. Trust me on this! 

Partially Wrong. We cant absorb the sun due to toxins in our lymph system.

If you manage to make your body capable to absorb the sun,then sun is pure food for skin and mind.

My country has the highest rate of skin cancer in the world. There is nothing incorrect about my statement. The sun damages collagen, damages cells, causes wrinkles, sags and cancer. I have no idea how toxins in our lymph system (which are naturally flushed out and taken care of by our natural detox system, aka our liver and kidneys) relate to this at all. I acknowledge that being healthy from within is a must when we're looking after our bodies but one cannot assume that because they're in peak health (with a squeaky clean lymphatic system free of "toxins") they can simply stroll outside without protection and "absorb the sun" without causing collagen breakdown and/or sunburn/skin cancer.

The lymphatic system cannot block the suns harmful ultraviolet rays. Sunscreen must be worn every single day if we're serious about looking after our skin. This doesn't mean that we should avoid the sun like vampires. I get my daily dose of the sun's goodness by sunning my bare legs for short periods (no sunscreen). That is all you need. Everyone's skin is different. Darker skin is more resilient while fairer skin, like mine, is a UV light super-sponge. If your skin starts to darken, turn pink or red when you're in the sun, you've had too much, damage done. To quote the ads on Australian TV about skin cancer, "There is nothing healthy about a tan".

But it's not like I can slap sunscreen on everyone I meet. If people choose not to look at the facts, or to head towards alternate "medicine" to protect themselves from UV rays then that's their risk to take. 

Edited by Quirky Fox, 18 June 2013 - 04:54 AM.

#23 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

^^ Sun is food. There were used to be cliniques  with just using sun as their treatment.

We cant absob the sun due to toxins.When you walk in the city the sun goes into you,but all

those metals and toxins in the air from cars etc make sun to trap into your body and cause damage,.

Also deficiency in organic sulphur makes the cells not elastic thus sun damages them.

Sun is good we cant absorb sun unless we become again clean. 

Coconut oil is the best sun screen in the world.But i believe it is just the coconuts oil nature that 

make your face capable of absorbing the sun,

#24 luvskincare13

luvskincare13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Yeah I wouldn't take that chance. I think wearing sunscreen is very important to keep skin looking healthy.

Just go look at my outdoor furniture after sitting in the sun for a year!  It has been destroyed from the uv's

#25 Quirky Fox

Quirky Fox

Up Through The Ashes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

^^ Sun is food. There were used to be cliniques  with just using sun as their treatment.

We cant absob the sun due to toxins.When you walk in the city the sun goes into you,but all

those metals and toxins in the air from cars etc make sun to trap into your body and cause damage,.

Also deficiency in organic sulphur makes the cells not elastic thus sun damages them.

Sun is good we cant absorb sun unless we become again clean. 

Coconut oil is the best sun screen in the world.But i believe it is just the coconuts oil nature that 

make your face capable of absorbing the sun,

Mumbo jumbo ahoy! I give up trying to explain the facts here. 

Yeah I wouldn't take that chance. I think wearing sunscreen is very important to keep skin looking healthy.

Just go look at my outdoor furniture after sitting in the sun for a year!  It has been destroyed from the uv's

I know, scary isn't it! My plastic chairs are murdered by the sun every Summer. Luckily that won't be happening to our faces! smile.png

Edited by Quirky Fox, 19 June 2013 - 04:01 AM.

#26 Dermarolling Girl

Dermarolling Girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

I'm a huge fan of dermarolling. It helped my icepick scars and rolling scars. I scar easily so I get new ones all the time luckily it's only in one area but it's still very frustrating. I've been keeping a blog about my experience for 2 years with pictures so I'll try to post them on here once I figure out how to post pictures.

If you roll, don't expect immediate results. It takes time and lots of patience but totally worth it.

#27 aquasea

aquasea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:47 AM

Quirky Fox, Panos is correct!!!

Sunshine is soooooo vital for our skin health & general health. Of course, burning your skin is not good, but daily sunlight (until you get a little pink) is very helpful. In fact, vitamin D from sunshine PREVENTS cancer, MS, arthiritis and many other illnesses. Indeed, vitamin D from sunlight is essential for our skin health & improves our moods too...

So all that "slip, slop, slap" advertising is pure bs! Sunscreen's CAUSE cancer!!!!

Essentially, don't wear sunscreen & get a little sunshine daily...just don't burn or sunbake...(otherwise wear a hat, suitable sun protection clothing or stay in the shade if you're outdoors for a long time). You can also eat certain foods that increase your skin's natural sun protection factor (I've forgotten what they are but I'll research and let you know).

Cheers smile.png

Edited by aquasea, 27 June 2013 - 02:48 AM.