acne scar pigmentation

4 replies to this topic

#1 JJohn117

JJohn117

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Hey guys, I had really bad cystic acne last year but it has calmed down over the past few months and I've also decided to take Retin-A recently. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation but I also cannot tell if I have permanent scars underneath them or not. I'm pretty sure I do, but I have no clue what kind of scars they are and what the best treatment for them would be. As you can probably imagine, I'm ridiculously nervous that I'm going to have huge ugly scars for life and want to get rid of them if at all possible. If you can help me in any way it would truly be appreciated. Thanks!rolleyes.gif

Oh yeah, and sorry for all the white out on the pictures lol. I took the picture on my mac and it was hard to just get my cheeks. The first 2 pictures are of my left cheek and the 3rd is of my right. If the quality is too poor or if you need more pics to be able to decipher my scars please let me know! 

#2 JJohn117

JJohn117

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

Alrite I realized that these pics showed absolutely nothing with my scars lol. I took a couple of closer pics of my left cheeks cause that's the really bad side. Once again, if you can help it'd be great!

#3 JJohn117

JJohn117

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Sorry to bump but if anyone can please let me know what kind of scars I have it would be great. I'm so tired of having acne/hyper-pigmentation and never want to do anything because I feel so gross and don't want to look anyone in the eye. Just want to get this part of my life over with so I can enjoy life again.

#4 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

i see PIH mostly,if the raised ones aint acne/zits/bumps then, they are hypertropic scars probably.

#5 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

I can't see anything but hyperpigmentation, which should fade on its own. If that's not your concern and there are some actual indentations, then you should try to post some better pictures so we know what you're talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users