Photo

Has Acne Stopped You From Your Goals?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#41 Stella the diver

Stella the diver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

I like Aishwarya Rai. That is all smile.png. Haha

probably because ur eyes and some facial features are quite like her.

one thing i'd advice u - stress as less as u can.its good for ur skin.

also,are u working out well on what works for u and what not for u acne?

through diet or med whatever?

i only see ur posts here on emotional forums.just curious!

You actually remind me of Mila Kunis, too!

Hahaha yeah I get that a lot actually tongue.png She's a great actress too!

The only stress I have seems to be because of my skin. Some days more stressful than others.

Yeah, I know exactly what my skin likes and what it doesn't. And it seems to LOVE patience. I've used every topical blah blah blah retin-a seemed to work well but after a while it wasn't doing much. So my derm said I should really just wait it out because that seems to be working really well for me. I also take omega 3 supplements and all that which help a lot too. But overall, when it comes to red marks, patience is all I really need. tongue.png

It's just stressful when I think it's going well, I'm all excited, then BAM! A stupid new zit appears. Like just 2 days, a new zit in a clear area too (grr :@). But at the same time, I can see my red marks fading. So I don't know what to really feel..excited that they're going away, or annoyed at this new zit?

See what I mean when I say the stress is never ending x_x

yeah, me too! there's always going to be a new zit every week. I'm curious about the omega 3 supplements, I hear about that a lot, did your derm suggest you that?

My daily routine: 

Morning : Wash face with Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash, moisturize with Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer w/ spf30

Before bedtime: Wash face with Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash and apply Tactuo on affected areas

Medication: 100 mg Minocycline/day

Makeup routine: 

Primer: B.Kamins Corrective Mattifier

Foundation: Mary Kay Timewise Matte-wear foundation

Set: Revlon Photoready Translucent Finisher

#42 dreamergirl

dreamergirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

Hahaha girl you're too kind! I was actually at my niece's ballet performance the other night and her ballet instructor said I remind her of a mix of Megan Fox & Mila Kunis.. wtf. I really REALLY hope I'm not bragging here *facepalm* but my self esteem is so incredibly low from this acne for me to see ANYTHING CLOSE to that!! Thanks so much, though. It's good to know people see the good in you even when you have a hard time seeing it yourself xoxoxo

Hahaha yeah I get that a lot actually tongue.png She's a great actress too!

The only stress I have seems to be because of my skin. Some days more stressful than others.

Yeah, I know exactly what my skin likes and what it doesn't. And it seems to LOVE patience. I've used every topical blah blah blah retin-a seemed to work well but after a while it wasn't doing much. So my derm said I should really just wait it out because that seems to be working really well for me. I also take omega 3 supplements and all that which help a lot too. But overall, when it comes to red marks, patience is all I really need. tongue.png

It's just stressful when I think it's going well, I'm all excited, then BAM! A stupid new zit appears. Like just 2 days, a new zit in a clear area too (grr :@). But at the same time, I can see my red marks fading. So I don't know what to really feel..excited that they're going away, or annoyed at this new zit?

See what I mean when I say the stress is never ending x_x

yeah, me too! there's always going to be a new zit every week. I'm curious about the omega 3 supplements, I hear about that a lot, did your derm suggest you that?

I feel ya girl! I asked my derm about it and he said it's supposed to be good for my skin, also a good friend of mine who is studying medicine and is the 2nd Albert Einstein recommended it too, haha. Plus I saw great things about it on here! It's so helpful for me! Just go to your local pharmacy and pick a bottle up and try it out :) Omega 3 is supposed to be SO good for your skin! You won't see results right away but slowly it will help trust me xoxo

#43 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

the ratio of omega 3 : omega 6 should be 1: 4

so if u get that amount through diet,i dnt see any extra need.

u could use flax seeds and have fish(preferably cold water fish).

stella,i've never asked u about ur diet.

oops!

wrong place though.

i'll PM u instead!

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??
http://www.acne.org/...-with-pictures/

huge pores
http://www.acne.org/...dwith-pictures/

indented scar
http://www.acne.org/...iswith-picture/

oils used for cooking
http://www.acne.org/...oilgood-or-bad/

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores
http://www.acne.org/...twith-pictures/

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)
http://www.acne.org/...food-allergies/
http://www.acne.org/...incare-routine/

#44 Stella the diver

Stella the diver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

the ratio of omega 3 : omega 6 should be 1: 4

so if u get that amount through diet,i dnt see any extra need.

u could use flax seeds and have fish(preferably cold water fish).

stella,i've never asked u about ur diet.

oops!

wrong place though.

i'll PM u instead!

sure!

Shouldn't it be the other way around (omega 3 higher than omega 6), at least from what I've be reading here and elsewhere.?

lol I know it's the wrong place, but I can't help but asking 

Edited by Stella the diver, 01 June 2013 - 12:17 PM.

My daily routine: 

Morning : Wash face with Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash, moisturize with Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer w/ spf30

Before bedtime: Wash face with Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash and apply Tactuo on affected areas

Medication: 100 mg Minocycline/day

Makeup routine: 

Primer: B.Kamins Corrective Mattifier

Foundation: Mary Kay Timewise Matte-wear foundation

Set: Revlon Photoready Translucent Finisher

#45 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

well.i've heard a nutritionist say so.on TV.

now,i've read blogs which says that its considered 4:1 in general.its considered healthy.

but some argue that  our ancestors had the ratio as 1:1 to 2:1

but no firm evidence for it.plus most thinks 1:1 is quite impossible in today life.

so aim for 4:1 ,its more than good.

the general ratio in most countries are around 8-12 : 1 to sometimes 20-50 :1

the only westernised country with 4:1 general ratio is probably japan.

i'll send u some links if u want.

plus its not like u dnt need omega 6 at all.

here,http://www.acne.org/...n/#entry3234661

Edited by aanabill, 01 June 2013 - 12:50 PM.

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??
http://www.acne.org/...-with-pictures/

huge pores
http://www.acne.org/...dwith-pictures/

indented scar
http://www.acne.org/...iswith-picture/

oils used for cooking
http://www.acne.org/...oilgood-or-bad/

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores
http://www.acne.org/...twith-pictures/

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)
http://www.acne.org/...food-allergies/
http://www.acne.org/...incare-routine/

#46 beautyandthebeast

beautyandthebeast

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hi. I really feel that acne destroys your life. 5years ago, I met the most amazing guy and we dated for a while but then he had to move to another country for work. We tried the long distance thing but it didnt work out. I have dated other guys after him but never really had the connection that I had with him. In the past 2 years or so, I have been having really bad acne which was due to hormones. I tried heaps of stuff but nothing worked. As a result of that, I have a lot of rolling scars. My dream guy contacted me few months ago and wants to meet me again. I dont have the courage to meet him as he remembers me as the old me, one without any scars. I have been trying to make excuses when all i want is to meet him and be with him. He said that he has been thinking about me a lot and wants to give us another try. He says stuff like, I remember your beautiful face and running my fingers over ur smooth skin. I know that I will never have the courage to meet him again and feel like when he sees me, all he will see is my scars. He is the only guy I ever loved and the acne scars are stopping me from meeting him again. I am so depressed because of it.

#47 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:38 PM

Hi. I really feel that acne destroys your life. 5years ago, I met the most amazing guy and we dated for a while but then he had to move to another country for work. We tried the long distance thing but it didnt work out. I have dated other guys after him but never really had the connection that I had with him. In the past 2 years or so, I have been having really bad acne which was due to hormones. I tried heaps of stuff but nothing worked. As a result of that, I have a lot of rolling scars. My dream guy contacted me few months ago and wants to meet me again. I dont have the courage to meet him as he remembers me as the old me, one without any scars. I have been trying to make excuses when all i want is to meet him and be with him. He said that he has been thinking about me a lot and wants to give us another try. He says stuff like, I remember your beautiful face and running my fingers over ur smooth skin. I know that I will never have the courage to meet him again and feel like when he sees me, all he will see is my scars. He is the only guy I ever loved and the acne scars are stopping me from meeting him again. I am so depressed because of it.

Maybe you can talk with him before hand and tell him about your situation. Scars will go later but you don't want to live with regret

#48 QuietJamie14

QuietJamie14

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

I have held myself back from romantic relationships throughout my twenties because I've always assumed that no one would want me because of my skin problems. I was wrong to have done that and now I live with regret. Don't make the same mistake. Meet up with this guy - if he really is your 'dream guy' then he will see past any scarring you may have; if he can't do that, then at least you'll realise that the two of you never had a truly deep connection in the first place.

#49 beautyandthebeast

beautyandthebeast

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

Thanks. I have decided to meet him coz if I dont meet him, I have no chance but if I do there is a small possibility that he might accept me despite the scars.

#50 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

A few long term goals, yes, but mostly short-term, or more immediate ones. The one big long term goal my skin has kept me from is going away to a top university- well, any university for that matter. I could easily go away to some really good schools, but I'm choosing to go to the university 15 minutes away from my house so that I won't have to room with anyone and expose my horrendous skin. I'm probably taking the easy way out, but I'm doing it anyway. I've also always been really into fitness, especially long distance running, but when I started getting acne, I started wearing makeup, and I couldn't exercise for long periods of time with makeup on without it looking disastrous and causing breakouts. I really want to participate in a triathlon, but I can't imagine how badly my skin would react.

For what it's worth, you could totally be a model. You're gorgeous. I completely understand your fears though. :/

You! Yes, you. The one reading this. You are beautiful, talented, amazing and simply the best at being you. Never forget that.

You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to you boyfriend/spouse/partner. Not to your coworkers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked "female."

Plea to the world: Eat less meat! Or better yet, don't eat it at all! The meat industry violates basic animal rights, it's destroying our planet, and there are so many health benefits you can gain by decreasing/eliminating meat from your diet. Don't let me tell you- do your own research so you can decide for yourself. (The dairy and egg industries are just as horrendous).

I highly recommend watching the movie Earthlings. ^

#51 Xesro

Xesro

You are what you eat !

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:14 AM

It sure did, I think to myself: " Who would want to hire a guy with a face full of pimples ? "

Not to mention that I'm afraid to go outside !

I have to make excuses to my girlfriend every time she wants to hang out.

46146861.png

#52 janetjoseph67

janetjoseph67

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:58 AM

Thankfully for me my acne has never been so bad that it would affect my life in general. But, yes I can understand that if you do want to get into the entertainment industry or become a model, a clear skin is one of the most important prerogatives. 

#53 sidearmsalpha

sidearmsalpha

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

I can honestly say that the acne scarring I have on my chest and back has made me very insecure to the point that it has kept me from meeting other girls and from accomplishing educational goals. My ex-gf could never understand what I was going through always pointing out her minor imperfections bothered her too, but I would always tell her that I would gladly exchange her stretch marks for my acne scars.

I'm currently on Accutane trying to clear up the cystic acne that I had been having a problem with for years. The treatment is working well, but I'm just hoping the acne doesn't come back after I'm done with the treatment. I want to look into cosmetic treatments to treat the scarring, but I don't want to throw away money that I just can't afford to lose on procedures that are only going to provide a minimal improvement. I guess the only thing I can do is just accept the scarring and not let it keep me from enjoying my life. We have to remember that there are worse things that we could be suffering from. Surround yourself with people that make you feel good about yourself if you don't have someone special in your life. If people have a problem with your scars or acne, then they are extremely superficial people who don't deserve your time.

#54 Angelspit

Angelspit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

Yes, I did horrible in High School and in college because of my acne. I was not social and I did not go to my prom or my high school graduation because of my skin.

I let my skin ruin possibily good relationships...I can't look any guy I have a semi-interest in my face or eyes because of my skin.

It gets in the way of a lot of things...I can't list them all here.

tumblr_inline_n885u5ccv81ssixo9.gif

#55 exdreamer

exdreamer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

oh god yes.

I'm a musician, and spent my early 20's developing as an artist and performer, started playing with a few bands etc. A lot of people really responded to my music. I think I'm good and that it's something I could have really pursued, I had all the motivation and abilities to do this,

but then cystic acne happened, and for 6 years I've been struggling with how to even show my face in public :( it's the worst thing that ever happened to me

#56 MayaTsukioka

MayaTsukioka

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

Yes, actually. I was failing math badly this year, and what really stopped me was my acne. I had to go to the teacher to get help, but his classroom is always filled with people. I hated facing them and how they all stared at me as i walk through the door. It was the worst feeling.

#57 Perseverance92

Perseverance92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

Saw people comparing you with actresses ... I know this sounds super cheesy ... But you don't remind me of any actress! Because i'm a fan of your eyes.And actresses have contact lenses! Your eyes are in pristine condition.

P.S: 

YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL.DO YOU HAVE A TWIN SISTER ....HMMM in INDIA? ;)

Edited by Perseverance92, 20 June 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#58 Dermarolling Girl

Dermarolling Girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

It has never stopped me from reaching my professional goals. I work on stage in front of a large group of people and sometimes I do feel self conscious but if I let it bother me I'd end up living the life of a hermit and THAT would drive me crazy! I focus on it a lot at home but not in public. lol

There have been times when I will not look people in the eye (I have a terrible habit of turning my face down) because I don't want them looking at my skin. :(  Funny thing is I refuse to wear make up to hide my flaws. I feel that if someone doesn't want to be my friend because I have I don't have perfect skin, then I don't need them in my life.

#59 Mandarine

Mandarine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

Yes.

I let my skin control my social life.

When it's la guerre des boutons, my relationships can be sumed up by a big "No":

"Do you want to hang out?" No

"To have a drink?" No

"A concert?" No

"Eating wonderful cakes on the beach?" No

My friends must think I prefer stay home alone to see them.

#60 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

When my skin is clear, I feel so confident and full of energy. I feel in control of EVERYTHING and I want to be the best I can be.

However, it seems that right now, my skin controls me. I obsess over every new pimple, I just wait and pray for the day when I wake up and see no new blemishes, and am able to say "finally, I'm doing something right!" I have no motivation to do anything, I put off all my responsibilities, I don't want to talk to anyone, I just want to hide. A big part of it is not knowing exactly what the cause is, not feeling in control. If I knew I had the power to curb my breakouts, I would feel much safer. But I live every day fearing tomorrow's breakout.

I keep living with regrets. I have hypotheses about what caused this recent terrible breakout... I keep wishing I could turn back the clock to before all this, and avoid the mistakes I made. Either that, or I wish I could fast forward the clock to a week ahead, just so I know whether my acne will get better or worse. Right now it's up in the air, it could go either way. I just don't want to be in the here and now.

I also keep asking myself, "why?" ... the same question all acne sufferers ask themselves... "why do I have to deal with this, and so many other people don't? Why was I dealt this bad hand in life?" I can't see any of the positives, my comfortable job, my loving and supporting family, my beautiful girlfriend. All I see are the bright red pimples that just keep coming and coming.

On Accutane as of September 13, 2013

My log

Month 1 - 20mg (finished)

Month 2 - 40mg (finished)

Month 3 - 60mg (finished)

Month 4 - 60mg (finished)

Month 5 - 70mg (finished)

Month 6 - 80mg (finished)

Month 7 - 80mg (finished)

Month 8 - 40mg (finished)

Month 9 - 20mg