Photo

Accutane: Getting My Life Back!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#21 LinhD

LinhD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

I started getting dry lips around that day mark. Just buy some Aquaphor and apply religiously! Goodluck though, I'm only a month ahead of you so I know what your going through. I experienced a rather small initial breakout that wasn't horrendously bad so maybe you'll get lucky like me. :)

#22 ImDoneWithThis

ImDoneWithThis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

Days 13/14/15

Same old same old. I didn't break out, and my acne has been fairly consistent, new whiteheads every day. My doctor told me to take it 2 times a day now, which is random since I haven't completed a month. My dry lips are pretty bad but I use this carmex tube thing, which works great. My eyes are dry in short periods as well. I get mad at the smallest things to, I mean I get irritated of the weirdest things.

Side-Effects:

Dry lips

Dry eyes

Irritability

peeling  

I started getting dry lips around that day mark. Just buy some Aquaphor and apply religiously! Goodluck though, I'm only a month ahead of you so I know what your going through. I experienced a rather small initial breakout that wasn't horrendously bad so maybe you'll get lucky like me. smile.png

Thanks for the feedback, and hopefully I do get lucky, I haven't broke out yet. I get out of school on Wednesday so if I do breakout, hopefully it's after that.

#23 ImDoneWithThis

ImDoneWithThis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

Days 16/17/18/19

Well, my acne was semi clear up till this morning when I broke out with a light breakout. Which isn't that bad, I know not to expect any results for at least another month, so it's cool, My dry eyes happen rarely but my lips are pretty bad. During my finals today, they were terribly bad and my irateness towards other is also pretty bad. I'm much more short tempered over the slightest things.

Side-Effects

Dry Lips (Semi-Severe)

Dry Eyes

Irritated  

#24 ImDoneWithThis

ImDoneWithThis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

Days 19-24

My face has been starting to seem lighter and a bit more clear, I do get some whiteheads now but it's not as bad as before.It's only been 24 days but I've seen a nice noticeable improvement which has made me happier already. My lips on the other hand... are terrible. They are peeling all over the place, I wake up with dry lips and a dry mouth. My eyes are dry sometimes but it's not even noticeable. So basically my only real side effect has been dry lips which  is bad but since my skin is improving it's worth. Maybe my skin is clearing because my school ended on the 12th and I've been stress free since than, I have been on acne.org much less and I stopped thinking about acne because I really have no plans for a while (atleast the ones I really care about) so I just have a steady faith on accutane. I still have severe noticeable acne on my face, but I see slight improvement. 

Side Effects

Dry Lips (Severe)

Dry Mouth (When I wake up)

Edited by ImDoneWithThis, 16 June 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#25 ImDoneWithThis

ImDoneWithThis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

Days 24-36

I haven't posted on here in a while because for a while, I forgot what acne was, I just remember I have 2 pills to take and that's it. This truly is a miracle drug, I think I've had 1 whitehead on my face in the past week which was small and that's it. My scars aren't terrible and every day they're getting lighter. My back acne is somewhat persistent but it doesn't effect my life. I've been working out, trying to bulk up, worrying about calories and all that good stuff that I should be worrying about. This is a miracle drug, and everyone should take this. 

Side-Effects:

Dry Lips (I haven't even cared about this too much, it's just whatever)

#26 EatsRainbows

EatsRainbows

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

Hi there! I'm a 15 year old girl who started Accutane around the same time as you. I was reading your log and I just wanted to say what great luck you seem to be having (very jealous here. wink.png ). Hope it continues throughout the rest of your course (oh and I feel your pain about dry lips!) smile.png

#27 ImDoneWithThis

ImDoneWithThis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

48 Days

My acne seems to be returning, although it's not as bad, I have 3ish active pimples. I thought I was completely done with acne mellow.png but I guess It's going to take a while longer. I still have like 50 days until school starts so, I'm trying not to stress to much over it. My lips are still dry and that's about it. 

Side-Effects:

Dry Lips