Photo

Hopefully I Can Ride This Train...accutane 24/m

accutane

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#21 chefjasons

chefjasons

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Been noticing lots of headaches...dunno if its because of the increase in dosage or lack if sleep.

Here in California we have medical marijuana, and I am finding that smoking a little cannabis helps a lot with the pain. So far I haven't found it to have any adverse effects with the accutane.

But obviously I would never recommend doing an illegal drug... where i live its medicine :)

#22 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:04 AM

What did you tell them for the marijuana? I live in cali as well, and I can certainly use some

Edited by whoartthou1, 26 June 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#23 chefjasons

chefjasons

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

Well I have chronic idiopathic urticaria, so I get my script for that. But you could use an accident in your past if you got xrays or anything, and say you have chronic pain. The xrays are proof that it was once a real issue and it is still effecting you. It really shouldn't be that hard. 

#24 chefjasons

chefjasons

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

Hit the 2400mg mark, feeling good. Still breaking out in some spots, but my pores are clear, my skin produces almost no oil, and overall my skin is super smooth. 

Only real bothersome side effect is the dry lips and inside of my nose. Ive started to just condition my hair most days of the week to avoid dryness from washing. 

#25 chefjasons

chefjasons

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

two months in! Feeling pretty good. Some blemishes are popping up but I feel like things are getting better.  

Lots of dry skin, olay in shower moisturizer is my savior. My back is also starting to purge all its crap out, and starting to feel smother. Hopefully the next few months bring me as positive of a change as the last two months.  

#26 chefjasons

chefjasons

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

4800 mg down! The nose and lip dryness is probably the most annoying side effect. my biggest frustration is when is lather on the aquaphor at night, but in the morning it is all gone and i yawn resulting in the corner of my lips cracking. Dr. Dans balm along with blistex medix and some aquaphor works wonders, but still the cracked corners are annoying. 

My face as a whole has cleared up drastically. I still have one or two individual zits, but nothing serious. My back isn't really clear yet, actually there are like 5 cysts on it right now, but it has become very smooth and i know if i just stick through this treatment things will work out. 

#27 chefjasons

chefjasons

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

only about one more month to go. Have been noticing some pain in my knees occasionally, as well as other joint soreness. Lips still dry. My back is not clear yet, and im noticing some blackheads on my chest. 

But regardless of all that, my face is AMAZING! I finally feel like i can go out and do anything. I don't have acne on the back of my mind. I wash my face and moisturize and sleep! no dealing with spots and slathering on lotion after lotion. Even if my back doesn't clear up all the way, if my face stays as clear and not oily as it is now i would be soooo happy.

I can wait to see how all this turns out...Im keeping up the positive thoughts.  

#28 EatsRainbows

EatsRainbows

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hi there! I don't know how I haven't noticed your log before, but I started Accutane about a week before you and I think we'll finish around the same time too.

Congratulations on the amazing skin! I really really hope that the acne is gone for good for both of us :)

My Roaccutane Journey

16th May-27th October 2013

15 Years Old/Female/52kg

Month 1- 20mg

Month 2- 40mg

Month 3- 40mg

Month 4- 50mg

Month 5 and 1/2- 50mg

Also see page 4 on my log for the before and after photos :)

"You can't make a rainbow without a little rain"

#29 chefjasons

chefjasons

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

I checked out your log. Your skin looks amazing! Congrats. 

Im super happy with my results, I almost wanna ask my doctor to let me continue with a low dose regiment to stop any acne/oily skin from coming back. 

But nonetheless, although the side effects can be harsh at times, for most people with acne accutane is heaven sent. Im so glad I decided to take it.