Photo

The Acne Promoting Effects Of Milk!

dairy and acne diet holistic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#21 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Actually milk is good for acne because it's a rich sorce of vitamin D which bolsters the immune system. Acne really isn't a hormonal problem as most people with acne have normal androgen levels. Hormones just make the skin oily and don't directly cause acne as many people with oily skin don't sufffer from acne lesions. 

The inflammation in acne is caused by infection which only occurs to the degree it does because the immune system in an acne patient is inherently weaker than a clear skinned person. When someone grows out of acne it's because their immune system matures - not because their hormones balance.

I had inflammatory acne for thirteen years straight from age 11-23 and only recently grew out of it. I also grew out of my asthma and severe allergies at the same time as well so I'm definitely thinking it was all tied to me having a weaker immune system (as with any inflammatory disorder). I eat tons of dairy, cheese and grain currently and my skin is completely unblemished. Explain that?

Dairy is not a rich source of D.  If you think you are getting adequate amount of D from dairy, you are very mistaken.  You are getting a tiny, tiny fraction of what you need.

Get your D from the Sun as much as possible, and take supplements when it's not possible.

And no, our immune systems are not weaker either. I never get sick. That is not the difference between us and them. The differences lie in the way our cells proliferate, die off and exfoliate.  There are several genetic traits that have been identified that affect that. 

Also, androgens are not the only hormones involved in acne.  There's also insulin and IGF-1, for example.

Also, anything that's bad for acne sufferers is bad for everyone else too. They just don't develop the symptom of acne because they don't have the genetic tendencies towards impaired cell proliferation/exfoliation.  Likewise, everything truly good for health is good for acne.

I also don't  notice any affect from dairy, but  that would because acne is a result of many things you do to yourself.  It's all cumulative. Whether or not I notice any effect from dairy, it still both contains and promotes hormones directly involved in acne and cell hyperproliferation (which means it also promotes cancer cell growth. You don't want hyperproliferation happening, period).

lchance,

Hormones are always involved. Except for pores clogged topically, and maybe allergic response, but there's still a correlationship between histamine and androgens.

could not have said it better myself. in fact a lot of the stuff i have found is because i looked at your old posts and others on this forum about diet and acne. it seems to take me a week to develop acne from dairy and then it lasts a few days. it is strange because it is much easier for me to see the relationship of acne to sugar for me than to dairy. 

#22 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

Actually milk is good for acne because it's a rich sorce of vitamin D which bolsters the immune system. Acne really isn't a hormonal problem as most people with acne have normal androgen levels. Hormones just make the skin oily and don't directly cause acne as many people with oily skin don't sufffer from acne lesions. 

The inflammation in acne is caused by infection which only occurs to the degree it does because the immune system in an acne patient is inherently weaker than a clear skinned person. When someone grows out of acne it's because their immune system matures - not because their hormones balance.

I had inflammatory acne for thirteen years straight from age 11-23 and only recently grew out of it. I also grew out of my asthma and severe allergies at the same time as well so I'm definitely thinking it was all tied to me having a weaker immune system (as with any inflammatory disorder). I eat tons of dairy, cheese and grain currently and my skin is completely unblemished. Explain that?

Dairy is not a rich source of D.  If you think you are getting adequate amount of D from dairy, you are very mistaken.  You are getting a tiny, tiny fraction of what you need.

Get your D from the Sun as much as possible, and take supplements when it's not possible.

And no, our immune systems are not weaker either. I never get sick. That is not the difference between us and them. The differences lie in the way our cells proliferate, die off and exfoliate.  There are several genetic traits that have been identified that affect that. 

Also, androgens are not the only hormones involved in acne.  There's also insulin and IGF-1, for example.

Also, anything that's bad for acne sufferers is bad for everyone else too. They just don't develop the symptom of acne because they don't have the genetic tendencies towards impaired cell proliferation/exfoliation.  Likewise, everything truly good for health is good for acne.

I also don't  notice any affect from dairy, but  that would because acne is a result of many things you do to yourself.  It's all cumulative. Whether or not I notice any effect from dairy, it still both contains and promotes hormones directly involved in acne and cell hyperproliferation (which means it also promotes cancer cell growth. You don't want hyperproliferation happening, period).

lchance,

Hormones are always involved. Except for pores clogged topically, and maybe allergic response, but there's still a correlationship between histamine and androgens.

could not have said it better myself. in fact a lot of the stuff i have found is because i looked at your old posts and others on this forum about diet and acne. it seems to take me a week to develop acne from dairy and then it lasts a few days. it is strange because it is much easier for me to see the relationship of acne to sugar for me than to dairy. 

I forgot to mention that more receptors for estrogens and androgens have been found in acne prone skin.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#23 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

And no, our immune systems are not weaker either. I never get sick.  That is not the difference between us and them. The differences lie in the way our cells proliferate, die off and exfoliate.  There are several genetic traits that have been identified that affect that. 

Also, anything that's bad for acne sufferers is bad for everyone else too. They just don't develop the symptom of acne because they don't have the genetic tendencies towards impaired cell proliferation/exfoliation.

lchance,

It is always hormonal. Except for pores clogged topically, and maybe allergic response, but there's still a correlationship between histamine and androgens.

yes,she means its hormonal in a way that other things(like diet or activity/exercise/stress/sleep etc) plays with the hormonal level.

so other things(indirect sources) come up as the cause but actually its the hormones.

one needs about 15-20 minutes(or maximum 25-30mins) of sun exposure for enough vit D for a day.that too not necessarily on the face.anywhere.

as far as i know,its enough.

enough to work the calcium intake properly in ur body.

i had to take actual vitamin D pills because mine wouldnt raise and i have very light skin. i take 5k a day

lchance,

I forgot to mention that more receptors for estrogens and androgens have been found in acne prone skin.

i think this must be a genetic factor? and that in the future if genetic engineering on humans is made more available certain people will be able to have the gene that creates more receptors taken out of their DNA. what i guess is that the pores are a collection and since the skin has more receptors basically there is more oil on the skin of people with acne than people without. this basically single handedly explains why only certain people get acne. they are genetically predisposed in a sense to have more oily skin which could be linked to more inflammation and a more habitable environment for bacteria. 

Edited by Ichance23, 31 May 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#24 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

And no, our immune systems are not weaker either. I never get sick.  That is not the difference between us and them. The differences lie in the way our cells proliferate, die off and exfoliate.  There are several genetic traits that have been identified that affect that. 

Also, anything that's bad for acne sufferers is bad for everyone else too. They just don't develop the symptom of acne because they don't have the genetic tendencies towards impaired cell proliferation/exfoliation.

lchance,

It is always hormonal. Except for pores clogged topically, and maybe allergic response, but there's still a correlationship between histamine and androgens.

yes,she means its hormonal in a way that other things(like diet or activity/exercise/stress/sleep etc) plays with the hormonal level.
so other things(indirect sources) come up as the cause but actually its the hormones.

one needs about 15-20 minutes(or maximum 25-30mins) of sun exposure for enough vit D for a day.that too not necessarily on the face.anywhere.
as far as i know,its enough.
enough to work the calcium intake properly in ur body.
i had to take actual vitamin D pills because mine wouldnt raise and i have very light skin. i take 5k a day

lockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ichance23" data-cid="3353751" data-time="1370025521">

lchance,

i think this must be a genetic factor? and that in the future if genetic engineering on humans is made more available certain people will be able to have the gene that creates more receptors taken out of their DNA. what i guess is that the pores are a collection and since the skin has more receptors basically there is more oil on the skin of people with acne than people without. this basically single handedly explains why only certain people get acne. they are genetically predisposed in a sense to have more oily skin which could be linked to more inflammation and a more habitable environment for bacteria. 

Genes involved in acne.
http://dietforclears...acne-prone.html

http://www.acne.org/...volved-in-acne/

Edited by alternativista, 05 June 2013 - 06:10 AM.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

#25 darkheart

darkheart

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

lchance,

"Hormones are always involved"? I had acne since 10-11 and went to five different endocrinologists (for a second and third opinion) from age 14-21 and none of them ever found any hormonal imbalance or PCOS ect. My androgens and other hormones (including insulin) were always completely normal. I even had salivary gland analysis back when I was around 22 as I heard that gives a more accurate reading of hormones and that came back normal as well.

Saying that all acne is caued by a hormonal imbalance is bullsh*T!

#26 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

lchance,

"Hormones are always involved"? I had acne since 10-11 and went to five different endocrinologists (for a second and third opinion) from age 14-21 and none of them ever found any hormonal imbalance or PCOS ect. My androgens and other hormones (including insulin) were always completely normal. I even had salivary gland analysis back when I was around 22 as I heard that gives a more accurate reading of hormones and that came back normal as well.

You don't read very well, do you? I did not say you or anyone else had a hormone imbalance. I said hormones are always involved. Which is fact.

I notice you ignored all my other corrections of your misinformation. You really should try to read the rest. Because, like I said, if you are relying on dairy to supply you with vitamin D you need, you will be severely deficient.

Edited by alternativista, 02 June 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#27 darkheart

darkheart

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

lchance,

You don't read very well, do you? I did not say you or anyone else had a hormone imbalance. I said hormones are always involved. Which is fact.

I notice you ignored all my other corrections of your misinformation. You really should try to read the rest. Because, like I said, if you are relying on dairy to supply you with vitamin D you need, you will be severely deficient.

Hormones are not the cause of acne and never have been. No one knows what causes acne, it is a mystery. People with normal hormones can be covered in nodular acne while people who have androgen levels through the roof can have skin like a porcelain doll. It is ultimately up to genetics and doesn't always make sense. The human body is very hard and extremely complex to understand and we still don't know everything.

I am not relying on dairy alone to get "vitamin D" I rely on a whole host of foods for vitamin D absorption and nutrition.

Edited by darkheart, 02 June 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#28 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

lchance,

Hormones are not the cause of acne and never have been. No one knows what causes acne, it is a mystery. People with normal hormones can be covered in nodular acne while people who have androgen levels through the roof can have skin like a porcelain doll. It is ultimately up to genetics and doesn't always make sense. The human body is very hard and extremely complex to understand and we still don't know everything.

I am not relying on dairy alone to get "vitamin D" I rely on a whole host of foods for vitamin D absorption and nutrition.

Yeah, you really can't get near enough vitamin D from food.  There isn't that much vitamin D in any food.  It's added artificially to milk, but just enough to help prevent

And it's not a complete mystery.  Many things have been found to lead to the formation of acne.  It's a cumulative thing.  And hormones are always involved.  And it's all affected by diet. But yes, there are also genetic factors involved. Obviously.  But your genes are not set. They are turned on and off by the things you do to yourself.

Edited by alternativista, 03 June 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#29 darkheart

darkheart

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

lchance,

Yeah, you really can't get near enough vitamin D from food.  There isn't that much vitamin D in any food.  It's added artificially to milk, but just enough to help prevent

And it's not a complete mystery.  Many things have been found to lead to the formation of acne.  It's a cumulative thing.  And hormones are always involved.  And it's all affected by diet. But yes, there are also genetic factors involved. Obviously.  But your genes are not set. They are turned on and off by the things you do to yourself.

I never did anything wrong. I did everything right and still had acne! I had tried it all! every natural organic treatment under the sun and stuck with it for more than a decade. Heathy diet never cleared or improved my acne all those years and it didn't stop me from being diagnosed with my Cancer either.

#30 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

diet is not the answer in every case.many have seen results ,many have not.

its like not all who smoke have lung cancer but that doesnt change the fact that tobacco is carcinogenic.

u cant just state there is no diet-acne connection.

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??
http://www.acne.org/...-with-pictures/

huge pores
http://www.acne.org/...dwith-pictures/

indented scar
http://www.acne.org/...iswith-picture/

oils used for cooking
http://www.acne.org/...oilgood-or-bad/

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores
http://www.acne.org/...twith-pictures/

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)
http://www.acne.org/...food-allergies/
http://www.acne.org/...incare-routine/

#31 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

diet is not the answer in every case.many have seen results ,many have not.
its like not all who smoke have lung cancer but that doesnt change the fact that tobacco is carcinogenic.
 u cant just state there is no diet-acne connection.

Yes, there is also a genetic tendency involved. Plus what you do to yourself. Diet, sleep, stress, chemical exposures, etc.

dairy and sugar promote cancer growth.

#32 tommyhaynes96

tommyhaynes96

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

I can say from personal experience that avoiding milk has been one of the main factors in keeping me acne free. I used to break out each time I used to have milk, but it wasn’t until one day when I simply stopped milk by accident because there wasn’t any at home that I realized it was aggravating my acne.