Photo

What Regimen Supplies Would You Recommend To Canadians?

acne regimen cleanser moisturiser benzoyl peroxide

3 replies to this topic

#1 Ludanto

Ludanto

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

Hi, I live in Vancouver and I want to try out Dan's acne regimen but the shipping really discourages me from going with this option. In my case, what are some affordable in-store products for Canadians that you would recommend? Right now I use the following combination but it is not doing well.

Cleanser: ESSENTIALS Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin
  • Works really well and doesn't dehydrate my skin significantly. I think this is the only product that I bought right. 
Benzoyl Peroxide: Benzagel® Spot On
  • This is the only 2.5% I could find in Vancouver, but considering the amount you get for the price it's pretty expensive  I also doubt the effectiveness of this product because everytime I use this gel I get really obvious red marks on my face and skin peeling.
Moisturiser: CLEAN & CLEAR® ESSENTIALS Dual Action Moisturizer
  • This moisturiser has caused some breakouts now and then and it's just not enough for my skin. I can apply this twice on the same area on my face but my skin will still get dry after a while. Also, I don't think this moisturiser do well when it's used with Benzagel® Spot On.

Edited by Ludanto, 24 May 2013 - 04:02 AM.

#2 Ludanto

Ludanto

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:03 AM

bump : (

#3 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:00 AM

The cleanser and the BP seem like fine alternatives, but when I did the regimen I used the Dual Action moisturiser and it failed to hydrate my skin enough. I flaked like a...bleep.

Try find a non-medicated moisturiser for the regimen. Something really gentle and a purpose to moisturise and hydrate, not to treat acne. 

#4 Ludanto

Ludanto

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

Thank you so much for the reply. I'll try to find a better moisturizer but it's really hard to find a decent one in stores. By the way, I forgot to mention I have eczema and dry, sensitive skin. In this case, would greasy moisturizer be a good choice?

Edited by Ludanto, 26 May 2013 - 03:46 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users