Photo

Daily 30 Minute Massages On Face Eradicates Scars?

175 replies to this topic

#161 iamlenlen

iamlenlen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:47 PM

You might try to massage the scars with essential oils. It helps. I have read that massaging with essential oils would heal scars, even old ones. I also read that massaging it with extra virigin olive oil would also break down the scar tissue and regenerate new cells.

#162 AcneWonderland

AcneWonderland

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:skin, face, looks

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

nope evoo breaks u the hell out

my post:

i wonder if theres even 1 person who hv actually done this for more than 2 times?

nd with hands? for 1/2 h........

mayb u could use somekinda brush? wht would then happen? bt still..i could cope with this procedure for like week max mayb, n even then would take superpatience from me n just who rly has time for such??

would it actually make collagen grow sooner or something? i just rly doubt it works tht way at all..could it b its just somekinda temp swelling/puffing up from all tht massaging they r experiencing?

~my face will be the death of me~

acne: resistance is futile!

#163 NomNomWaffles

NomNomWaffles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

Well a problem with evoo is that its not always pure. Even organic ones. Many are actually mixed with another oil, such as canola because its cheaper. So if you decide to use evoo, you have to make sure its from a good company. :)
As for the massage, I took a break the last two days to give my skin a break and I've been pretty busy. There's still a little improvement on my cheeks. The cheek I dermarolled and massaged has the most improvement still. Although, a tiny indented scar on my nose, and two little indented scars on my forehead are barely noticeable now. I really have to look for it to see them. Even with horrible lighting its hard to find. These scars didnt bug me before though, as they weren't that noticeable to begin with, but it seems that massaging is helping a bit. I'll keep massaging until the two week mark, and will prolly keep massaging afterwards but along with other methods like dermarolling and cupping. :)

#164 NomNomWaffles

NomNomWaffles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

Alright, my 2 week mark is up. I used liquid msm with vitamin c to tone with and a tallow balm to massage with, which quite frankly, is the only thing that really helps to moisturize my skin (I make my own tallow balm, though vintage traditions has a good one, but it's mixed with evoo. and my skin doesn't like evoo lol.).  
I can say that the massage did help with my skin tone and elasticity... though I believe a lot of that had to do with what I was massaging with. The massaging did give me a few white heads throughout the process. I'm pretty sure it was the massaging that broke me out and not the balm, because I've used this balm before without it breaking me out.
Three super tiny indented scars I had (2 on my forehead right above my eyebrow) and one on my nose are almost gone. But like I posted before, these didn't bug me to begin with.
The left cheek where I dermarolled and massaged had the most improvement, the scars don't seem as indented. The right cheek where I just massaged had a little improvement. The scars seem to have soften a little. But once again, i think this was more due to the tallow balm and msm i used to massage with.
I admit I did cheat the last 2 days and did cupping instead. This seems to work a lot better for me then the massaging. 
But as I'll be moving soon, I think I'm just gonna suck it up and go for a procedure (I'm thinking maybe subcision-suction) I might make a thread for advice XD

#165 iamlenlen

iamlenlen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:29 AM

Well a problem with evoo is that its not always pure. Even organic ones. Many are actually mixed with another oil, such as canola because its cheaper. So if you decide to use evoo, you have to make sure its from a good company. smile.png
As for the massage, I took a break the last two days to give my skin a break and I've been pretty busy. There's still a little improvement on my cheeks. The cheek I dermarolled and massaged has the most improvement still. Although, a tiny indented scar on my nose, and two little indented scars on my forehead are barely noticeable now. I really have to look for it to see them. Even with horrible lighting its hard to find. These scars didnt bug me before though, as they weren't that noticeable to begin with, but it seems that massaging is helping a bit. I'll keep massaging until the two week mark, and will prolly keep massaging afterwards but along with other methods like dermarolling and cupping. smile.png

nomsomwaffles did your nose scar improve already? Was it indented before or raised? What did you do to cure it and how long did it take you to cure it? Hoping for your reply. Thank you and best wishes.

#166 NomNomWaffles

NomNomWaffles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

Well a problem with evoo is that its not always pure. Even organic ones. Many are actually mixed with another oil, such as canola because its cheaper. So if you decide to use evoo, you have to make sure its from a good company.
As for the massage, I took a break the last two days to give my skin a break and I've been pretty busy. There's still a little improvement on my cheeks. The cheek I dermarolled and massaged has the most improvement still. Although, a tiny indented scar on my nose, and two little indented scars on my forehead are barely noticeable now. I really have to look for it to see them. Even with horrible lighting its hard to find. These scars didnt bug me before though, as they weren't that noticeable to begin with, but it seems that massaging is helping a bit. I'll keep massaging until the two week mark, and will prolly keep massaging afterwards but along with other methods like dermarolling and cupping.

nomsomwaffles did your nose scar improve already? Was it indented before or raised? What did you do to cure it and how long did it take you to cure it? Hoping for your reply. Thank you and best wishes.

Yes it did improve, it's not gone though. It's just very unoticeable. It was a tiny indented scar. It was also a newer scar (as well as the two little indented scars I had right above my eyebrow). These scars were from the end of my acne battle, I guess my acne wanted to make sure I had at least one scar on every part  of my face, and not just the herd of scars it left on my cheeks lol. glare.gif  But thankfully these 3 scars are super tiny. They are only a couple months old, so thats probably why they were responding better to the massage. As the massage didnt do very much for my other scars (then again I only massaged for 2 weeks lol).

My routine was:
in the morning, I'd wash my face with warm water. Apply some msm liquid with vitamin c. Let it dry.
Then proceed to massage with tallow balm for 15 mins

In the evening, after my shower, I would apply some more msm with vitamin c. Let it dry.
Then I would massage again with tallow balm but for 30 mins as I watch some tv.
Sometimes I would add a couple drops of Young Living Frankincense oil.

I always started and ended the massage by facial lymph draining (like this )

I also have to add, I believe diet will have a lot to do with the effectiveness of massage and how one heals. I eat a very clean diet. No, I'm not vegan, but I eat organic/non-gmo/grassfed meats and fruits and veggies. I also eat plenty of liver, a lot of healthy fats, fermented foods, and bone broth (or when I'm too lazy to cook bone broth, I will add collagen to my food). I don't eat grains (at least not yet), and I just started adding dairy back into my diet.
Best of luck to you~ :)

#167 AcneWonderland

AcneWonderland

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

hey what for is lymph drainage? what does it do to face and does it helps wth collagen formation?

#168 NomNomWaffles

NomNomWaffles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:52 PM

hey what for is lymph drainage? what does it do to face and does it helps wth collagen formation?

Lymph draining helps the fluid and waste in the lymph nodes to move/drain. It helps with allergies too. I do it every once in a while since I do have allergies (though since my diet change, my allergies are now extremely mild). I remember reading a few things back about it and decided it might make the massage more effective, since your draining your lymph nodes, making room for the fluid/waste you may be releasing from massaging, and allowing better circulation. I'm not sure about its effect with collagen (or if it actually does help with the massage technique, but it does help my face feel less stuffy, especially after massaging it).

Edited by NomNomWaffles, 03 September 2014 - 09:54 PM.

#169 iamlenlen

iamlenlen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:32 PM

Well a problem with evoo is that its not always pure. Even organic ones. Many are actually mixed with another oil, such as canola because its cheaper. So if you decide to use evoo, you have to make sure its from a good company.
As for the massage, I took a break the last two days to give my skin a break and I've been pretty busy. There's still a little improvement on my cheeks. The cheek I dermarolled and massaged has the most improvement still. Although, a tiny indented scar on my nose, and two little indented scars on my forehead are barely noticeable now. I really have to look for it to see them. Even with horrible lighting its hard to find. These scars didnt bug me before though, as they weren't that noticeable to begin with, but it seems that massaging is helping a bit. I'll keep massaging until the two week mark, and will prolly keep massaging afterwards but along with other methods like dermarolling and cupping.

Yes it did improve, it's not gone though. It's just very unoticeable. It was a tiny indented scar. It was also a newer scar (as well as the two little indented scars I had right above my eyebrow). These scars were from the end of my acne battle, I guess my acne wanted to make sure I had at least one scar on every part  of my face, and not just the herd of scars it left on my cheeks lol.   But thankfully these 3 scars are super tiny. They are only a couple months old, so thats probably why they were responding better to the massage. As the massage didnt do very much for my other scars (then again I only massaged for 2 weeks lol).

My routine was:
in the morning, I'd wash my face with warm water. Apply some msm liquid with vitamin c. Let it dry.
Then proceed to massage with tallow balm for 15 mins

In the evening, after my shower, I would apply some more msm with vitamin c. Let it dry.
Then I would massage again with tallow balm but for 30 mins as I watch some tv.
Sometimes I would add a couple drops of Young Living Frankincense oil.

I always started and ended the massage by facial lymph draining (like this )

I also have to add, I believe diet will have a lot to do with the effectiveness of massage and how one heals. I eat a very clean diet. No, I'm not vegan, but I eat organic/non-gmo/grassfed meats and fruits and veggies. I also eat plenty of liver, a lot of healthy fats, fermented foods, and bone broth (or when I'm too lazy to cook bone broth, I will add collagen to my food). I don't eat grains (at least not yet), and I just started adding dairy back into my diet.
Best of luck to you~ smile.png

Wow. You are the first person I have heard whose nose scar responded well with massage. I too have a very clean diet. Which makes me lean. I am tall and I cant afford to go leaner. Anyway, how do you massage your nose? It seems like, spongy? I also cant explain. It is hard to massage the nose.

Regards,

Len

#170 NomNomWaffles

NomNomWaffles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

Wow. You are the first person I have heard whose nose scar responded well with massage. I too have a very clean diet. Which makes me lean. I am tall and I cant afford to go leaner. Anyway, how do you massage your nose? It seems like, spongy? I also cant explain. It is hard to massage the nose.

Regards,

Len

Ha! Thats a good question lol. The scar was more on a thinner part of my nose, near the bone. I massaged it pretty gently/slowly because an my nose was messed up a few years back and I'm paranoid of that popping sound.  But i would take my nose between my thumb and index finger. And using my index finger to stabilize my nose, i massaged the spot with my thumb, mostly rubbing down. I dont know its hard to explain lol and I wasnt really paying much attention honestly.
And yeah I get what your saying about the clean diet, I too am very lean and I have a hard time keeping weight on. It can be frustrating lol.

On another thought, I am quite curious if vibrations would help scar healing/collagen production? Like maybe from one of those vibrating back massagers. I might try this since I have another week till my appointment with my dermatologist. 

Edited by NomNomWaffles, 06 September 2014 - 10:49 AM.

#171 iamlenlen

iamlenlen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

Hello there nomnomwaffles. Just a question please, what oil are you using to massage your scar?

#172 NomNomWaffles

NomNomWaffles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:44 PM

Hello there nomnomwaffles. Just a question please, what oil are you using to massage your scar?

I used tallow balm, tho I'm sure emu oil or lard would work just as well. I just use tallow since thats what I have on hand a lot. Other oils don't work quite as well for my skin and I dont really want to risk breaking out lol. Goodluck!
I haven't massaged my skin since my 2 week mark, since I want to make sure there's no microswelling when I go see my derm. But the 3 tiny scars that improved from the massage still hold that improvement.

Edited by NomNomWaffles, 11 September 2014 - 09:45 PM.

#173 AcneWonderland

AcneWonderland

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:39 AM

nomnomwaffles can u pls post pics of ur face?

or just fragments of parts of ur face will b fine too

nd if u could post before afters tht would b even better

#174 NomNomWaffles

NomNomWaffles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:08 PM

nomnomwaffles can u pls post pics of ur face?

or just fragments of parts of ur face will b fine too

nd if u could post before afters tht would b even better

Well I can try to take pics of the tiny scars that had improvement from the massage, not sure if my camera can pick it up though. I don't have any before pictures of them. I had only taken pics of the scars on my cheeks because those are the ones that bug me. (the pics of my cheeks are here: http://www.acne.org/...ese-acne-scars/ ) But these scars didn't have very much improvement from the massage like I was hoping, aside from some evening of the tone. I may try the massage technique again, but after I see my derm. 

#175 AcneWonderland

AcneWonderland

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:36 PM

omg no massaging just wont ever work for this kinda scars dude, just nope. if there is nyone who couldve done it they better show before after pics then. this is wht i think  is nly tht could work from wht i know:

u need to look into dermastamping, needling, mayb dermarolling too, also those lasers etc.

check out this thread

topically: vit c serum, copper peptides, retin a mayb

internally: vit c and a

eat healthy mostly: dark green veggies, fruits, protein, healthy fats, fish

(dark green vegies) spinach, kale, cabbage: collagen producing agents, contains lutein (need 10 mg) 4 oz spinach or 2 oz kale
hydration, elasticity, fights wrinkles

sleep well

drink 2l at least

#176 mavor

mavor

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:32 AM

Hi, I'm not sure what the massage method in the first post is supposed to be performed:

"USE BOTH HANDS AT SAME TIME and do forward and back massage using front and tips of fingers and palms (where you can). Circular massage will not work. To avoid skin pulling/stretching tighten skin by partially opening mouth and pulling lips firmly back against teeth. The massaging friction rubs them away and forces a clear new skin to appear."

Will I use both fingers and make them go opposite directions past eachother at the scarring site? And how much force do i need to apply. I have scars under my lips and chin area. Can massage from inside with tongue help; like if i push the tissue outwards stretching the skin and moving my tongue around...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users