Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:51 AM
Hello hello Saintetienne!
First of all, welcome to the boards!
Secondly, I personally think you'd be an excellent candidate for the Dermaroller. Reason is that I can see some rolling and shallow boxcar scarring but no icepick... is that how you'd describe your skin? Great that you've got your active acne cleared and your skin tone looks lovely, these are big pluses! Dermarolling doesn't really do much for icepick scarring, that requires a different modality, but the rolling and boxcar would do well!
Before I try to sell you on the Dermaroller though I should point out that the slight pinkness that you have in places is a good sign. Means that your skin is still healing so there is a chance that your scarring will improve a little over time even with you doing nothing. However I can see some deeper marks on your jawline and chin area which may not improve as much by themselves.
To me it doesn't look too severe (is it the same on your other cheek?). You have very fair skin, like me. If you choose to go with a laser then you might find that the post-laser redness will linger for a long time. My last laser treatment was over a year ago and I can still see the outline of where I was treated.
The Dermaroller is a professional treatment done in a sterile clinic. If you're from this part of the world I can recommend the esthetician who has been treating me. If you want to know more about it feel free to probe me for information. I like to label myself as knowledgeable in this treatment as I have had 5 sessions and I have read as much as the Internet has to offer about the treatment.
Also, I take it you're wearing sunscreen everyday (being just off Accutane)? If not, get on that asap!
My Skin Care Regime
** Morning **
1. DermaQuest C3 Cleanser
2. DermaQuest Niacinamide B3 serum
3. DermaQuest C3 serum (Vitamin C)
4. DermaQuest Stem Cell 3D Daily Moisturiser (tinted) SPF 15 or
DermaQuest Daily Moisturising Lotion SPF 15 (on weekends)
** Makeup **
1. DermaQuest DermaPerfection Primer
2. Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation SPF 15
3. Dermablend Setting Powder
** Night **
1. DermaQuest C3 Cleanser
2. DermaQuest Algae Facial Scrub (every second night)
3. DermaQuest Niacinamide B3 serum
4. DermaQuest Retexture serum (Vitamin A) (every second night)
5. DermaQuest Skin Rehydrating Serum (every other night)
6. DermaQuest Clarifying Pads (5% salicylic acid) (for my biggest acne prone areas)
7. DermaQuest DermaClear TX (for acne spots)
8. Swisse Ultiboost Hair Skin and Nails (vitamin supplement)
*** Current Treatment Plan ***
2010-2011: 5 x Fraxel Re:Store sessions - maybe 10-15% improvement.
2012-2013: 5 x Dermaroller sessions - at least 70% improvement!
2013: One eDermastamp treatment down, one more to go in Oct!