Photo

What Treatment Do I Need To Improve My Scars (Pics Included)

21 replies to this topic

#1 Saintetienne

Saintetienne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:02 AM

Hello guys!

Accutane gave me cystic acne while i used the drug.

After the course the acne was gone but now i'm left with scars on my face

What treatment do you recommend to improve the scars?

pics:
First one is left cheek

Second picture is my right cheek in the worst lightening 

Third pic is my right cheek to!tongue.png

And the last picture is my right cheek

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2904.JPG
  • IMG_2930.JPG
  • IMG_2934.JPG
  • IMG_2931.JPG

Edited by Saintetienne, 20 May 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#2 Quirky Fox

Quirky Fox

Up Through The Ashes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Avid researcher of the science behind scars and their treatments. 2013 is my year to beat my scars once and for all!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

Hello hello Saintetienne! 

First of all, welcome to the boards! 

Secondly, I personally think you'd be an excellent candidate for the Dermaroller. Reason is that I can see some rolling and shallow boxcar scarring but no icepick... is that how you'd describe your skin? Great that you've got your active acne cleared and your skin tone looks lovely, these are big pluses! Dermarolling doesn't really do much for icepick scarring, that requires a different modality, but the rolling and boxcar would do well!

Before I try to sell you on the Dermaroller though I should point out that the slight pinkness that you have in places is a good sign. Means that your skin is still healing so there is a chance that your scarring will improve a little over time even with you doing nothing. However I can see some deeper marks on your jawline and chin area which may not improve as much by themselves.

To me it doesn't look too severe (is it the same on your other cheek?). You have very fair skin, like me. If you choose to go with a laser then you might find that the post-laser redness will linger for a long time. My last laser treatment was over a year ago and I can still see the outline of where I was treated.

The Dermaroller is a professional treatment done in a sterile clinic. If you're from this part of the world I can recommend the esthetician who has been treating me. :D If you want to know more about it feel free to probe me for information. I like to label myself as knowledgeable in this treatment as I have had 5 sessions and I have read as much as the Internet has to offer about the treatment.

Also, I take it you're wearing sunscreen everyday (being just off Accutane)? If not, get on that asap! :)

xx

#3 Saintetienne

Saintetienne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

thanks for your reaction! :)
I'm really happy with the results i booked in 2 months. I started with around 50 red marked scars on both cheeks. Im really proud of my left cheek because it improved so much since january. i will post some pics of it to!
I think i have all scars combinated on my face because i suffered from acne for 6 years (i'm 17 now) .
At the moment i'm using Honey (every morning and evening) and egg white (once in 2 days) for my scars. I'm moisterizing my face with my fathers products (ssssst it's really expensive) .  i'm exercising much (lifting and football) and i'm relaxing every week with friends. I have a good life but i had a better life before my scars.... I would be so happy if i reached 40 % or 50 % of improvement. I think my skin will look better when the red marks are completely gone. Can i use dermaroller at this moment because my skin is improving daily and i'm off accutane for like 2-3 months now is it save? I never had problems with a sunburned face. Is it a must to use sunscreen? Is it a good idea to do microdermabrasion to give the overall skin appearance a better look?

thanks for your reaction again!

#4 Saintetienne

Saintetienne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

does anybody else have a solution or treatment to improve it? maybe some home remedies that really worked

#5 Quirky Fox

Quirky Fox

Up Through The Ashes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Avid researcher of the science behind scars and their treatments. 2013 is my year to beat my scars once and for all!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

I'm sorry but I can't offer you any home remedies. :( I don't believe in them. The only "home remedy" that I do is massage my face each night when I cleanse but that's about it. Hopefully others can give you more suggestions.

#6 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Regenerating from the Core

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

You are young.At you age your best bet would be to begin from inside out.

I mean improving internal enviroment to affect the external tissue.

Try big amounts of water.

Onion/beets juice will help you.

No need for treatments for now. You could do though some mild derma roller sessions

to induce collagen.

Cayenne pepper,imroves circulation rapidly .

Comfrey has big amounts of bioavailable allantoin.

Fresh ananas rubbed onto scar can eat scar cells due to containing live proteolytic enzymes(bromelain).

There is also a story about a singer that had deep scars at young age,and got rid of them by rubbing

molasses as well as taking them internally.

There are many things as you can see.There are much more.But i would go slowly and fundamentaly 

by begining from inside out.

#7 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

You are young.At you age your best bet would be to begin from inside out.

I mean improving internal enviroment to affect the external tissue.

Try big amounts of water.

Onion/beets juice will help you.

No need for treatments for now. You could do though some mild derma roller sessions

to induce collagen.

Cayenne pepper,imroves circulation rapidly .

Comfrey has big amounts of bioavailable allantoin.

Fresh ananas rubbed onto scar can eat scar cells due to containing live proteolytic enzymes(bromelain).

There is also a story about a singer that had deep scars at young age,and got rid of them by rubbing

molasses as well as taking them internally.

There are many things as you can see.There are much more.But i would go slowly and fundamentaly 

by begining from inside out.

does eating onion or beet help in anyway?

i mean i am aware that onion is inflammatory(unless one is intolerant) but beet?

does it help the inside?if yes,how?

#8 Saintetienne

Saintetienne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

thanks for your reactions! what dermaroller do i need 2.5 mm?

#9 acnescar123

acnescar123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

Ice pick scars are the hardest to treat.

You options are : tca cross, fractional co2, microneedling, dermabrasion (not microdermabrasion) excision and possibly subcision. You should do your own research on all the procedures to figure out the risk/reward benefit and which one would work for you.

No such thing as home "natural" treatments for acne scars. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wasting your time.

You have the same exact type of scarring as the user here and you should read his thread:

http://www.acne.org/...-cheekstemples/

#10 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

No such thing as home "natural" treatments for acne scars. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wasting your time.

Is there anything that you can base this statement?

#11 aanabill

aanabill

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

Is there anything that you can base this statement?

i have never really heard of anyone heal 'proper scars' with typically natural treatments.

if they are shallow then may be some improvement can be seen.otherwise i am not sure.

i would like to add that i have very less idea abt scars so,i am not at all confident about whether or not its helpful.

luck.

#12 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

You are in India.

I have heard there is a really good oil made of egg yolk,something like oleova.you 

should try it.

Also ther eis this in india: 9. AGNIJITH. This is a topical burn-scar treatment from India.http://www.padanjaly.com

You dont have to read from someone to heal scarring,cause you dont really know

in what situation their body is.

Internal matters just as external.And most of the times the external tissue is a reflection of whats going on internally.

Re beets juice they are powerfull,so i advice you to read this protocol.

I believe in it,i just dont have the will to buy these vegetables and also to buy a juicer.

http://robertvon.com/mbp.html

It claims to remove the scar tissue in many months-2 years.Who knows.We have to try it first.

Stop waiting to here from anyone,and begin to apply and treat ,keeping always in mind

what might hinder your ability to heal.

Luck.

#13 jesture

jesture

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Do NOT dermaroll until at least 6 months after you've stopped using Accutane, it can cause additional scarring!

#14 aanabill

aanabill

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

You are in India.

I have heard there is a really good oil made of egg yolk,something like oleova.you 

should try it.

Also ther eis this in india: 9. AGNIJITH. This is a topical burn-scar treatment from India.http://www.padanjaly.com

You dont have to read from someone to heal scarring,cause you dont really know

in what situation their body is.

Internal matters just as external.And most of the times the external tissue is a reflection of whats going on internally.

Re beets juice they are powerfull,so i advice you to read this protocol.

I believe in it,i just dont have the will to buy these vegetables and also to buy a juicer.

http://robertvon.com/mbp.html

It claims to remove the scar tissue in many months-2 years.Who knows.We have to try it first.

Stop waiting to here from anyone,and begin to apply and treat ,keeping always in mind

what might hinder your ability to heal.

Luck.

aloe vera is cooling.soothing but i dont think it helps with scars.

as for beet root i have them sauteed(along with other veggies,garlic,ginger,etc) almost everyday.

yolk is a source of protein.so may be thats how it works on the scars in collegen production.

i am skeptic about beet root being used topically - its leaves stains which unlike many other items are quite hard to get rid.

i think i will stick to having them regularly instead.

i believe in 'diet and holistic living' too.

thank u for ur advice.=)

#15 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

The article doesnt mention to use it topically.Instead it is about a protocol

that begins from 1/4 cup beet juice/asparagus and gradually scale it up to big doses of 1 cup of beet juice.

I would like to use it topically though.

I like also the staining effect since it reminds me lugol's iodine,which is an effective stuff.

#16 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

WOW, that was the longest post I have seen here.  That person achieved improvement although he was treated at a very low level.  For people who can tolerate It I recommend high level Fraxel Re:pair.  I have had 5 Re:pairs and it has changed my life completely.  I will not hesitate to continue to do Re:pair, but my next move is a facelift as I am older than others on here.

Ice pick scars are the hardest to treat.

You options are : tca cross, fractional co2, microneedling, dermabrasion (not microdermabrasion) excision and possibly subcision. You should do your own research on all the procedures to figure out the risk/reward benefit and which one would work for you.

You have the same exact type of scarring as the user here and you should read his thread:

http://www.acne.org/...-cheekstemples/

#17 Saintetienne

Saintetienne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

Have seen a 20% improvement in depth and 90% improvement in redness since may used natural stuff like honey and egg white + have been lifting for 3 months now and gained a lot of confidence. Searching for the best treatment for my scars. Any solutions?

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#18 yourboy1

yourboy1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

what did you do yo get tid of the redness?

#19 Saintetienne

Saintetienne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

Went on holiday with friends to the sun have indonesian skin. My skin tanned and after the summer i lost about 40% of redness. My nutrition is: 2 creatine pills (for bodybuilding) 2 omega 3 caps 4 vitamin d pills (low dose) am drinking alot of water. For my skin im using honey twice a day and i'm moisterizing with nivea creme for men. Im searching for best treatment for my pitted scars

Have to say that i used the worst lightenig for my scars in the pics;)

#20 Saintetienne

Saintetienne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

What treatments do you all suggest?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users