Accutane

Accutane Diary Of A 15 Year Old

acne cystic redmarks diary regimen story sone

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bradsned_*

Guest_bradsned_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Hi my name is Brady, Im 15 years old and tomorrow I start accutane or roaccutane as they call it here in AUS, I'll be keeping you updated probably from day to day, but 1st I'll just share my journey, so i have had very mild acne like 1-3 pimples since I was 13, but this year I started to get really bad acne, like i have/had two huge cystic acne pimples on my cheeks for a month now and they are disgusting, they have been less inflamed lately because of this table called SONE but as far as I'm aware that's all SONE does, so right now I have been on the Regimen for nearly 3 weeks now and I was going to wait a bit to see if that did it but my mum thinks i should go on accutane and so does the derrm, with the regimen I have been going through the stages of results page, the itchiness etc.., so I think my skin has improved a bit it basically feels flat, but has so many red marks all over, if you want photos i can pm them to you, if anyone has any tips,comments anything please feel free to comment below or pm me, any help would be much appreciated thanks 

#2 txngrl

txngrl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Hi my name is Brady, Im 15 years old and tomorrow I start accutane or roaccutane as they call it here in AUS, I'll be keeping you updated probably from day to day, but 1st I'll just share my journey, so i have had very mild acne like 1-3 pimples since I was 13, but this year I started to get really bad acne, like i have/had two huge cystic acne pimples on my cheeks for a month now and they are disgusting, they have been less inflamed lately because of this table called SONE but as far as I'm aware that's all SONE does, so right now I have been on the Regimen for nearly 3 weeks now and I was going to wait a bit to see if that did it but my mum thinks i should go on accutane and so does the derrm, with the regimen I have been going through the stages of results page, the itchiness etc.., so I think my skin has improved a bit it basically feels flat, but has so many red marks all over, if you want photos i can pm them to you, if anyone has any tips,comments anything please feel free to comment below or pm me, any help would be much appreciated thanks 

Hi Brady,

Can you pm me some photos?  My 14 yr old son is on day 46 of Accutane.   For your dry lips I highly recommend Bag Balm.  I don't know if it's available in Australia though.  At first my son tried Aquaphor but it was horrible, it made his lips worse and he had a bad reaction to it.  Bag Balm is also good if you get a really dry or raw patch of skin that you want to heal faster.  Leave it on overnight and in the morning it will be much improved.

#3 Guest_bradsned_*

Guest_bradsned_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

Hi, thanks for the tip ill deffeniantly try and get that, ill pm you now with the photos, thanks again how is your son doing on accutane?

#4 tane007

tane007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

how many days in are you? im in aus and im almost on day 40 and still have a few breakouts. could you post pics?

#5 Guest_bradsned_*

Guest_bradsned_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

how many days in are you? im in aus and im almost on day 40 and still have a few breakouts. could you post pics?

Hi i havent started yet, my skin is basically flat now and feels nice just really red marks  in most places, does everyone still recommend going on accutane?

#6 tane007

tane007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

well its up to you, accutane will only really stop pimples, so if you aren't getting pimples any more, then don't take it, because having dry lips is pretty annoying. otherwise if you still break out badly, take it!

#7 Guest_bradsned_*

Guest_bradsned_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

yeah, i started yesterday, two cysts are feeling like they are getting bigger again really sick of this, just want it all to end :( 

#8 Guest_bradsned_*

Guest_bradsned_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

hey everyone just doing an update my face is getting better the two cysts/patches on each side of my face have flattened down now and gone but now its still really red and still looks like acne, any ideas how long this will take to go away? i have only gotten one new cyst on the side of my nose but that is clearing up i have had a few pimples but they come and go quite quickly im on month 2 have been on 20mg for a month now was on 10mg before that both once a day so yeah any tips or questions feel free to ask thanks