74 replies to this topic

#21 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

Lentils are great, don't spike blood sugar and are recommended for people with insulin resistance.  And easy to digest.  Soak overnight to break down and remove lectins and for easier digestion.  Moderate sweet potatoes, low sugar fruit bananas work for me and are high calorie with a large banana being 120 cal, I juice in the morning and then have like 3-4 bananas which is about 400+ cal, then like an hour later have sunflower seeds with chia seeds and coconut oil thats like 1000 cal, and then I have two meals, biggest one at lunch and then medium at dinner.  And I eat chicken, eggs, lentils, sweet potatoes, organic salad spinach/herbs, with olive oil, real salt, organic pepper and turmeric.  And I will do a little cheating here and there with healthy food, still have alcohol about once a week.  

Has kept me basically clear now for a couple years as well, stress is so huge though.. like I said in the other thread you can only do so much, eat healthy/find what works for you, and then just dont worry.. go about life not caring about your skin, if you get a breakout be like whatever.. if you stress about it, it will turn into 3 breakouts etc.. I seriously believe so many peoples acne is highly stress related especially people who already eat healthy/sleep well but get frequent breakouts.  

One cup of lentils is 600 cal, and one cup of sunflower seeds is about 700 calories.  Every tbl of oil is usually 120 cal, good things to keep in mind when your trying to up calories.  Just like banana being 120 cal.. 

#22 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me
  • Interests:try tto or lavender oil

Achievements

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

Its good that your not zero carbs.. do some research people have got really messed up from eating no carb, get hypothyroid, circulation problems, kidney problems bunch of other stuff.  Yeah you have a pretty strange diet its funny how you count like 10 chips and such lol.. but you'll prob mellow out in time and figure roughly what works and what doesnt.  

i count chips because i am a perfectionist or something. its a mental thing. 

i am going to look into the lentils. i really had a hard time counting calories at the beggining and keeping my weight on. i also am weighlifting so i want to get a decent amount of calories haha. it sounds like your diet is really similar to mine. do you have any tips on how to keep the food interesting? the things i eat seem so bland and tasteless. 

Edited by Ichance23, 19 May 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#23 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

Lentils are great, don't spike blood sugar and are recommended for people with insulin resistance.  And easy to digest.  Soak overnight to break down and remove lectins and for easier digestion.  Moderate sweet potatoes, low sugar fruit bananas work for me and are high calorie with a large banana being 120 cal, I juice in the morning and then have like 3-4 bananas which is about 400+ cal, then like an hour later have sunflower seeds with chia seeds and coconut oil thats like 1000 cal, and then I have two meals, biggest one at lunch and then medium at dinner.  And I eat chicken, eggs, lentils, sweet potatoes, organic salad spinach/herbs, with olive oil, real salt, organic pepper and turmeric.  And I will do a little cheating here and there with healthy food, still have alcohol about once a week.  

Has kept me basically clear now for a couple years as well, stress is so huge though.. like I said in the other thread you can only do so much, eat healthy/find what works for you, and then just dont worry.. go about life not caring about your skin, if you get a breakout be like whatever.. if you stress about it, it will turn into 3 breakouts etc.. I seriously believe so many peoples acne is highly stress related especially people who already eat healthy/sleep well but get frequent breakouts.  

One cup of lentils is 600 cal, and one cup of sunflower seeds is about 700 calories.  Every tbl of oil is usually 120 cal, good things to keep in mind when your trying to up calories.  Just like banana being 120 cal.. 

4 bananas is just insane... that would break me out like crazy.

I have tried lentils (even soaking them), but not sure if they lead to breakouts.

Regarding sweet potatoes, how many do you eat a day?

how many tablespoons of olive oil do you consume?

#24 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

i also break out from bananas because they are high glycemic if they are ripe ones. i personally have on average 2 tablespoons of olive oil a day which is 240 calories. 

#25 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

Im eating bananas right now haha.  Love em so much.  They dont break me out at all, some days I have 6 bananas.  Bananas dont spike insulin, a guy on the 30bananas a day site went to a doc and they checked his insulin after 1 banana all the way up to 15 bananas and it never spiked his insulin.  They are perfect for in the morning and before or after a workout.  

I dont eat many sweet potatoes at all.. I go through phases with them, I get sick of them after a little bit and they are a pain to be skinning all the time.  But when I do eat them I only eat like one a day.  I have 2 tbl of olive oil with each meal, so 4tbl, which would be 480 cal of olive oil a day.  

As for keeping food interesting, I dunno Im just so used to eating this way I actually dont mind it and do enjoy it.  I also use nutiva hemp oil which creates different taste, and "Real Salt" tastes really damn good if you dont know what it is go to a health food store and look for it they will have it, suppose to be a lot better then other salts even Himalayan.  Should also mention I take 500mg B5, 25mg Zinc, Chromium and 10,000 iu Retinol Vitamin A as well as a digestive enzyme after dinner.  Digestive enzymes are huge for me helping my digestion and breaking down and food that gets in the blood stream which can lead to toxins coming out your skin = acne.  

#26 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

Its good that your not zero carbs.. do some research people have got really messed up from eating no carb, get hypothyroid, circulation problems, kidney problems bunch of other stuff.  Yeah you have a pretty strange diet its funny how you count like 10 chips and such lol.. but you'll prob mellow out in time and figure roughly what works and what doesnt.  

i count chips because i am a perfectionist or something. its a mental thing. 

i am going to look into the lentils. i really had a hard time counting calories at the beggining and keeping my weight on. i also am weighlifting so i want to get a decent amount of calories haha. it sounds like your diet is really similar to mine. do you have any tips on how to keep the food interesting? the things i eat seem so bland and tasteless. 

Spices.

#27 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

hmm. spices definately help but i can not add spices to my sunflower seeds and brazil nuts which make up 50% of my daily intake of calories. 

#28 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

hmm. spices definately help but i can not add spices to my sunflower seeds and brazil nuts which make up 50% of my daily intake of calories. 

Sprout your sunflower seeds and add them to your other foods.  And why would you want to do anything to brazil nuts. 

#29 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

Im eating bananas right now haha.  Love em so much.  They dont break me out at all, some days I have 6 bananas.  Bananas dont spike insulin, a guy on the 30bananas a day site went to a doc and they checked his insulin after 1 banana all the way up to 15 bananas and it never spiked his insulin.  They are perfect for in the morning and before or after a workout.  

I dont eat many sweet potatoes at all.. I go through phases with them, I get sick of them after a little bit and they are a pain to be skinning all the time.  But when I do eat them I only eat like one a day.  I have 2 tbl of olive oil with each meal, so 4tbl, which would be 480 cal of olive oil a day.  

As for keeping food interesting, I dunno Im just so used to eating this way I actually dont mind it and do enjoy it.  I also use nutiva hemp oil which creates different taste, and "Real Salt" tastes really damn good if you dont know what it is go to a health food store and look for it they will have it, suppose to be a lot better then other salts even Himalayan.  Should also mention I take 500mg B5, 25mg Zinc, Chromium and 10,000 iu Retinol Vitamin A as well as a digestive enzyme after dinner.  Digestive enzymes are huge for me helping my digestion and breaking down and food that gets in the blood stream which can lead to toxins coming out your skin = acne.  

which digestive enzymes do you take if you do not mind me asking?

Just because one person ate 30 bananas a day and his insulin did not spike does not mean everyone else can do the same...

#30 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

Why would it be different for different people?  Its like the GI listing.. its not like its different for everyone.. its the same.  I usually switch up the digestive enzymes, I have been taking the super zymes lately by twinlab with HCL in them.  Usually I take the essential zymes, they work and are cheap. 

Edited by Thehoper, 21 May 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#31 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

how long were u taking them for? I think I SHOULD give them a try.

Is this what you use?

http://www.twinlab.c...per-enzyme-caps

#32 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Why would it be different for different people?  Its like the GI listing.. its not like its different for everyone.. its the same.  I usually switch up the digestive enzymes, I have been taking the super zymes lately by twinlab with HCL in them.  Usually I take the essential zymes, they work and are cheap. 

because things like your physical activity, muscle, visceral fat, sleep, and what else you ate/nutrients you supplement all affect how you respond to glucose.

I dont eat many sweet potatoes at all.. I go through phases with them, I get sick of them after a little bit and they are a pain to be skinning all the time. 

So don't skin them. I never do.  I rarely peel anything. Either eat the skins or scoop out the middle.

#33 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

there is a little problem that has arised. last night i attended an all night party where i ate all sorts of carbs, low glycemic and high. i even had some diary. i had white potatoes with cheese, taquitoes, burritos, and beans. all of this is full of carbs. i also had to sleep today at 6:30 when i got home so i have gotten 6 hours of sleep today. my skin looks great. i thought i would have tons of acne from all the carbs. i also ate out yesterday and had a sourdough sandwich. and oh yah i ate out a second time yesterday and had a sourdough footlong from subway. so i had tons of carbs yesterday. the one i did limit was sugar and i had no sugary foods at the party or yesterday. that means i had no fruits which i usually eat. i have pretty good skin this morning and no new acne. i actually had some new acne 2 days ago. it was that day that i ate pita chips and lots of fruits. the thing is that the day before i did deadlifts and squats at the gym which always seems to cause me some acne. i really am confused though. i wonder what would happen if i cut out all the sugar from my diet. i already have a really low sugar diet. the only sugar comes from fruits. i wonder if that would allow me to eat more carbs like last night and still have good skin. this week i will limit my fruit intake to 2 fruits per day at max and that will be the only sugar i have. the thing is, i do not know if should go back to my 20% carb diet of last week or allow myself to eat more carbs. i think i should allow myself to eat more and cut the sugar. here are some pics of my acne today: 

Acne after lots Of carbs No sugar right side 2
Acne after lots Of carbs No sugar right side
Acne after lots Of carbs No sugar left side 2
Acne after lots Of carbs No sugar left side
Acne after lots Of carbs No sugar front
Acne after lots Of carbs No sugar

Sprout your sunflower seeds and add them to your other foods.  And why would you want to do anything to brazil nuts. 

what is wrong with brazil nuts?

Edited by Ichance23, 21 May 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#34 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

I think acne does not occur RIGHT AFTER you eat something unless you are highly allergic to that thing. It usually takes a few days to a week.

#35 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

Mine always seems to occur within the day of. When I eat lots of sugar or so other stuff to cause acne the bumps will start to form. It takes a few days for them to fully form but my skin will start to get oily and small pimples will break the surface. Today my skin is dry and no stuff forming. I have had acne for 7 years so I know personally how mine is formed and I know it is different for everyone.

#36 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

I have had it for 8-9 years. Sucks so much.

Do you take any supplements at the moment? Also, what type of veggies/fruits do you consume?

Last but not least, do you still suffer from depersonalization/derealization from the antibiotics?

#37 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

there is a little problem that has arised. last night i attended an all night party where i ate all sorts of carbs, low glycemic and high. i even had some diary. i had white potatoes with cheese, taquitoes, burritos, and beans. all of this is full of carbs. i also had to sleep today at 6:30 when i got home so i have gotten 6 hours of sleep today. my skin looks great. i thought i would have tons of acne from all the carbs. i also ate out yesterday and had a sourdough sandwich. and oh yah i ate out a second time yesterday and had a sourdough footlong from subway. so i had tons of carbs yesterday. the one i did limit was sugar and i had no sugary foods at the party or yesterday. that means i had no fruits which i usually eat. i have pretty good skin this morning and no new acne. i actually had some new acne 2 days ago. it was that day that i ate pita chips and lots of fruits. the thing is that the day before i did deadlifts and squats at the gym which always seems to cause me some acne. i really am confused though. i wonder what would happen if i cut out all the sugar from my diet. i already have a really low sugar diet. the only sugar comes from fruits. i wonder if that would allow me to eat more carbs like last night and still have good skin. this week i will limit my fruit intake to 2 fruits per day at max and that will be the only sugar i have. the thing is, i do not know if should go back to my 20% carb diet of last week or allow myself to eat more carbs. i think i should allow myself to eat more and cut the sugar. here are some pics of my acne today: 

Nothing, provided they aren't rancid. My point was they are delicious. You shouldn't eat very many of them tho to prevent a selenium OD.

Also, you wouldn't break out that fast unless you ate something you are intolerant to.

Edited by alternativista, 22 May 2013 - 06:22 AM.

#38 fokerrr1

fokerrr1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

What did you decide about you diet, more carbs or just 20% carbs of your diet?

And you are eating normal eggs or the ones with omega 3 ??

thanks broo!

#39 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

I have had it for 8-9 years. Sucks so much.

Do you take any supplements at the moment? Also, what type of veggies/fruits do you consume?

Last but not least, do you still suffer from depersonalization/derealization from the antibiotics?

I take 30 mg zinc daily and 5k vitamin d every couple days. I have spinach and lettuce mainly for veggies. I have strawberries, oranges, and peaches for fruits. I have not had the depersonalize, derealization, depression since I got off the antibiotics which was about 2 years ago. After 3 days all of those things went away when I stopped the antibiotics.

Nothing, provided they aren't rancid. My point was they are delicious. You shouldn't eat very many of them tho to prevent a selenium OD.

Also, you wouldn't break out that fast unless you ate something you are intolerant to.

I always notice little signs but yes today I have one large pimple on my back and 4 on my face. I eat about 16 Brazil nuts a day.

What did you decide about you diet, more carbs or just 20% carbs of your diet?
And you are eating normal eggs or the ones with omega 3 ??
thanks broo!

I'm going to go for a little more carbs and probably go to 25% and completely cut sugar other than two fruits a day. I eat normal eggs. I have never had the omega 3 ones. Every time I have fish oil, any fish, or flaxseed oil I break out in small unpoppable cysts that last for 2 weeks so maybe I am allergic to things with lots of omega 3 or whatever the medical term is for that. I know it's not allergic because I have omega 3 in other things but just not as much.

Here's what in eating this week:
Eggs
Sausages
Tomatoes
Spinach
Brazil nuts
Sunflower seeds
Hummus
Pita chips ( I think these are high glycemic)
2 fruits(strawberry or peach)
Chicken
Peanut butter
2 Alice almond bread
Turkey jersey sticks
Avocado

I want to see if super low sugar and some carbs like pita chips will keep me clear or if I have to continue the super hard 20% carb diet. It is way easier for me to do no sugar than 20% carbs

One more thing: now that I think about it the majority of my carbs before we're from fruits so cutting them to 2 for super low sugar will cut my carbs significantly and the new carbs I added will probably balance out to 20%

#40 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

I would advise against peanut butter. Full of lectins and anti-nutrients

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users