Orange

74 replies to this topic

#41 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Better look into how many Brazil nuts you should safely have. I think that's way too many. You never know how much selenium each nut as.

#42 Chocobot

Chocobot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

It's not true that you would not break out immediately. There are rare times, usually if I have been getting a lot of good sleep, where I can eat anything. But other times where the same food will break me out. In those cases, it happens shortly after. If I eat a lot of tostitos chips, my face gets very oily within an hour at most. Same if I eat a chocolate bar, or drink a beer.

But like I said, in cases where I have been getting good sleep it won't.

#43 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

chocobot, what about stress. How does it effect your acne?

#44 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

I am getting 3 new pimples on the face

Not sure if it all the carbs from 2 days ago or these high glycemic pita chips I ate

For me it causes lots of acne when I had AP tests. Others who usually had no acne broke out. It was strange to see all the people with normally clear skin with acne the morning before the test. Not everyone though. I noticed I got more acne and also some of my friends have cleared now that school is out and we graduated. My acne always seems to be better when on vacation. I noticed lack of sleep will give me big blackheads that I never get and make the skin really inflamed.

Edited by Ichance23, 22 May 2013 - 10:32 PM.

#45 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

Not sure if it all the carbs from 2 days ago or these high glycemic pita chips I ate

For me it causes lots of acne when I had AP tests. Others who usually had no acne broke out. It was strange to see all the people with normally clear skin with acne the morning before the test. Not everyone though. I noticed I got more acne and also some of my friends have cleared now that school is out and we graduated. My acne always seems to be better when on vacation. I noticed lack of sleep will give me big blackheads that I never get and make the skin really inflamed.

I noticed this in university as well. A lot of people break out during test times. Not sure if this is actually related to stress, or people binge eating the night before, i.e. downing massive carbonated drinks etc etc

#46 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

It's not true that you would not break out immediately. There are rare times, usually if I have been getting a lot of good sleep, where I can eat anything. But other times where the same food will break me out. In those cases, it happens shortly after. If I eat a lot of tostitos chips, my face gets very oily within an hour at most. Same if I eat a chocolate bar, or drink a beer.

But like I said, in cases where I have been getting good sleep it won't.

Typed a bunch of stuff but my phone did not post it. Basically said If anyone does not think diet can cause acne just fast for a couple of days and see what happens

I noticed this in university as well. A lot of people break out during test times. Not sure if this is actually related to stress, or people binge eating the night before, i.e. downing massive carbonated drinks etc etc
I Beleive it's the lack of sleep and maybe stress. Think of other stressful events where people get acne. I can't think of any at the moment.

Edited by Ichance23, 22 May 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#47 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

I don't necessarily think its the stress. Its the lack of sleep + diet. What do most students do the night before studying? Eat a shitload of sugary foods to stay energized

#48 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

I don't necessarily think its the stress. Its the lack of sleep + diet. What do most students do the night before studying? Eat a shitload of sugary foods to stay energized

All we need to get rid of acne caused by diet then is something that lowers the over active insulin response to carbs and sugar or something to that interrupts whatever the bridge is that leads the insulin to androgens to our skin making sebum in a safe manner. Some sort of pharmaceutical I guess or something to made to increase insulin sensitivity.

Interestingly most acne antibiotics actually increase insulin sensitivity due to their impact on our gastrointestinal organs. Here's the study http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/2374516/
Here's a study saying that vitamin A improves insulin sensitivity: http://www.ncbi.nlm....ubmed/21466649/
I don't know if that's why these products work for most for acne but they effect insulin sensitivity in a positive way: minocycline, accutane, tetracycline

Might as well just put this out there:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....1998014/?page=4

Paper from1939 where doctors show that women tend to get acne around there period and one doctor says it is a simple fact that patients clear up with a proper diet and lifestyle. He also states that acne patients have a problem with insulin as it causes them to metabolize sugar too fast and causes comedogensis. So 74 years ago they were the connection of diet, insulin, sugar metabolism with acne and some doctors even stated that a proper diet will clear acne. But today doctors will not even admit that diet can cause acne and diet changes are not prescribed for acne. I'm sure that it was just an accident that they overlooked the results of the paper and insulin-diet-acne connection for the last 74 years.

#49 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

well i typed a whole thing up just now about that paper but it got deleted. guess it is just not meant to be posted. if you want read the 4th paragraph of page 3 of that 1939 document for some info that is really not that important at all. 

insulin acne

#50 TreatAcne

TreatAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 49
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

All we need to get rid of acne caused by diet then is something that lowers the over active insulin response to carbs and sugar or something to that interrupts whatever the bridge is that leads the insulin to androgens to our skin making sebum in a safe manner. Some sort of pharmaceutical I guess or something to made to increase insulin sensitivity.

Interestingly most acne antibiotics actually increase insulin sensitivity due to their impact on our gastrointestinal organs. Here's the study http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/2374516/
Here's a study saying that vitamin A improves insulin sensitivity: http://www.ncbi.nlm....ubmed/21466649/
I don't know if that's why these products work for most for acne but they effect insulin sensitivity in a positive way: minocycline, accutane, tetracycline

Paper from1939 where doctors show that women tend to get acne around there period and one doctor says it is a simple fact that patients clear up with a proper diet and lifestyle. He also states that acne patients have a problem with insulin as it causes them to metabolize sugar too fast and causes comedogensis. So 74 years ago they were the connection of diet, insulin, sugar metabolism with acne and some doctors even stated that a proper diet will clear acne. But today doctors will not even admit that diet can cause acne and diet changes are not prescribed for acne. I'm sure that it was just an accident that they overlooked the results of the paper and insulin-diet-acne connection for the last 74 years.

Welcome to frustration land, we've got jackets.

General Practitioners (the people most of us see first, a.k.a our doctor) have been trained to prescribe pills for the last 60 or so years as the normal practice. This is what people want, so it's not entirely their fault. My doctor never even took a nutritional class before, it was all for the study of cancer and other diseases through mostly western practices. No one purposely set up these complicated threads to hurt anyone, they just wanted to make the company they work for as much money as possible. It's a business, and we need our doctors to stay in business. I love my doctor to death and have even given him gifts on occasion, but when I realized that he wasn't going to help (nor the dermatologists he sent me to) I had to walk down the eczema/acne path on my own :(... but at least it was worth it.

The people who are hiding this information for us is likely the food corporations. They even made a video on that here:

#51 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Welcome to frustration land, we've got jackets.

General Practitioners (the people most of us see first, a.k.a our doctor) have been trained to prescribe pills for the last 60 or so years as the normal practice. This is what people want, so it's not entirely their fault. My doctor never even took a nutritional class before, it was all for the study of cancer and other diseases through mostly western practices. No one purposely set up these complicated threads to hurt anyone, they just wanted to make the company they work for as much money as possible. It's a business, and we need our doctors to stay in business. I love my doctor to death and have even given him gifts on occasion, but when I realized that he wasn't going to help (nor the dermatologists he sent me to) I had to walk down the eczema/acne path on my own :(... but at least it was worth it.

The people who are hiding this information for us is likely the food corporations. They even made a video on that here:

Yes. How have you gotten rid of your acne?

#52 Chocobot

Chocobot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

I am not usually stressed, but when it happens I feel it in my stomach first, then bad digestion occurs, and then acne likely flares out.

One thing that is really weird about me, some days let's say I hear a weird noise in the walls, or from my PC, or any other random noise that sounds like something not working properly, I feel something going on on my cheeks where I usually have acne, sort of like a little tingling. Not sure why, difficult to explain how it feels.

Oh and if I skip meals, I feel terrible, my stomach goes crazy, and I get loose stool afterwards. Usually followed by breakouts. I can lose weight very quickly if I skip meals and it's never been good for my acne.

Edited by Chocobot, 23 May 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#53 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

Do you breakout a lot if you skip meals or mildy?

Also, what do you typically eat?

skipping meals or Intermittent fasting is supposed to be healthy

#54 cdfelds

cdfelds

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Biblical studies

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

Thank you for this post so imformative i wrote a similar one to this talking about dairy products being a culprit dieting and such...At the moment i amchucking back water like i think its the last gallon of it on earth lol i've been drinking 3 liters minimum a day i am gonna try up the ante now am going take out gluten out of my diet.Seems the holistic approach is the only one i haven't tried i am going to see where it takes me because i am sick of these treatments you have to keep buying and buying and buying and its been so many years...sigh! 

#55 TreatAcne

TreatAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

I haven't yet... only about 75 percent of the way there, give or take. I got rid of my cysts, which is a big plus, but I have at least one white head still showing up every other day or so. My back has cleared up as well pretty good, but my chest is the same (not many spots though). I have about 2 small pimples at a time, so when those go away, another shows up elsewhere. Given what I was like when I came here, I'd say that's an amazing improvement. I also accidentally discovered triggers for my eczema, something I thought I was going to have to live with forever.

My triggers for acne are milk, caffeine (especially coffee), sugary/processed/boxed foods, soy(???), and anything that flares up my eczema because the rash on my neck and face also causes me to break out... It's like two little devils that work incognito with each other.

#56 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

I am not usually stressed, but when it happens I feel it in my stomach first, then bad digestion occurs, and then acne likely flares out.

One thing that is really weird about me, some days let's say I hear a weird noise in the walls, or from my PC, or any other random noise that sounds like something not working properly, I feel something going on on my cheeks where I usually have acne, sort of like a little tingling. Not sure why, difficult to explain how it feels.

Oh and if I skip meals, I feel terrible, my stomach goes crazy, and I get loose stool afterwards. Usually followed by breakouts. I can lose weight very quickly if I skip meals and it's never been good for my acne.
Me too on the tingling on my cheeks lol. It is probably mental but sometimes I feel Like a tingling where my acne is as if it is forming there. And no acne will be in that specific space. It's almost like I feel the acne forming in a matter of seconds which is not possible.

I haven't yet... only about 75 percent of the way there, give or take. I got rid of my cysts, which is a big plus, but I have at least one white head still showing up every other day or so. My back has cleared up as well pretty good, but my chest is the same (not many spots though). I have about 2 small pimples at a time, so when those go away, another shows up elsewhere. Given what I was like when I came here, I'd say that's an amazing improvement. I also accidentally discovered triggers for my eczema, something I thought I was going to have to live with forever.
My triggers for acne are milk, caffeine (especially coffee), sugary/processed/boxed foods, soy(???), and anything that flares up my eczema because the rash on my neck and face also causes me to break out... It's like two little devils that work incognito with each other.
That sounds like my acne. It's so annoying how after 1 pimple clears another forms. It's ridiculous. That is amazing that you have cleared your acne so much and is a great accomplishment to have done that by yourself with dietary changes. I have done the same thing and it has taken months or research and experimentation.

Thank you for this post so imformative i wrote a similar one to this talking about dairy products being a culprit dieting and such...At the moment i amchucking back water like i think its the last gallon of it on earth lol i've been drinking 3 liters minimum a day i am gonna try up the ante now am going take out gluten out of my diet.Seems the holistic approach is the only one i haven't tried i am going to see where it takes me because i am sick of these treatments you have to keep buying and buying and buying and its been so many years...sigh! 

I think everyone who starts the dietary approach to acne tends to end up in the same place. They figure out that sugar, dairy, and refined carbs are causing their acne.

Edited by Ichance23, 24 May 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#57 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Me too on the tingling on my cheeks lol. It is probably mental but sometimes I feel Like a tingling where my acne is as if it is forming there. And no acne will be in that specific space. It's almost like I feel the acne forming in a matter of seconds which is not possible.

That sounds like my acne. It's so annoying how after 1 pimple clears another forms. It's ridiculous. That is amazing that you have cleared your acne so much and is a great accomplishment to have done that by yourself with dietary changes. I have done the same thing and it has taken months or research and experimentation.

I think everyone who starts the dietary approach to acne tends to end up in the same place. They figure out that sugar, dairy, and refined carbs are causing their acne.

The way I look at it, most people can get clear from omitting dairy/sugar and refined carbs. There are some unfortunate souls (I am one of them), who have to have a flawless diet to be 70-80% clear

#58 TreatAcne

TreatAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

I've been researching since last august, that was my first picture in my "Final regimen" gallery, so I know how you feel. I couldn't have done it by myself of course... I must have gone through weeks and weeks of posts on these forums, most of which pointing to the same thing (Mostly Paleo diet, no dairy, good food, etc.). But I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch... I tend to go at least one or two years without any cysts before celebrating. I'm hoping to bring my acne down as much as possibly through my diet, THEN add in other things if necessary, such as supplements. The less I need the less money I spend. I've seen your pictures too, you're really not that bad looking! And your acne is not as sever as I would have thought (and you should read your picture's comments ;)).

The way I look at it, most people can get clear from omitting dairy/sugar and refined carbs. There are some unfortunate souls (I am one of them), who have to have a flawless diet to be 70-80% clear

There's also the time frame of your body adjusting don't forget. I'm about where you are right now, 70-80%, but I'm still screwing around with foods that I probably should be eating (peanut butter, extra fruit, etc...) To the people who had avoided dairy first (it was the first thing they tried), they ended up waiting at least a year until their hormones went back to normal and their acne stopped producing all that puss. And that's from dairy alone. Growing up with these foods will take maybe a quarter as long to filter out... it depends on the individual. Some spots I have now under my neck are STILL from my original cysts LAST YEAR. It takes time to clear out all the crud, but as long as you see an overall improvement then you should be ok. Take things one step at a time and do as many good things at once as you possibly can. That's what I and the majority of some of my friends have been doing (not on acne.org).

#59 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

acne is alright today. still getting some new acne but i have been hitting the gym hard lately so it might have to do somewhat with all the hormones from that. i have gone back to my 20% diet and i am trying to limit my carbs to 140g a day or less hopefully. my back is still clear which is great and the acne on my face is small and dries up really fast but i have about 5 acne pimples on my face. what i am really happy about is the control i feel over my acne. i feel like if i can monitor it through my diet and lower it if i want or keep it at a certain level in order to enjoy certain foods.

here is my diet right now:

-2 eggs (140 cal)

-1 sausauge, 140 cal

-olive oil, 240 cal

-chicken, 350 cal

-1 cup sunflower seeds, 800 cal

-2 slice almond bread, 120 cal

-peanut butter, 180 cal

-3 turkey jerkey strips, 240 cal

1 orange, 60 cal?

-1 avocado, 300 cal

12 brazil nuts, 300 cal

bean chips, 200 cal

hummus, 160 cal

vegetables

almond milk

pretty similar to before

the majority of my carbs come from the orange, sunflower seeds, and bean chips

#60 fokerrr1

fokerrr1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

How many times a day you wash your face bro? And only with water ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users