Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orange

75 posts in this topic

Its good that your not zero carbs.. do some research people have got really messed up from eating no carb, get hypothyroid, circulation problems, kidney problems bunch of other stuff. Yeah you have a pretty strange diet its funny how you count like 10 chips and such lol.. but you'll prob mellow out in time and figure roughly what works and what doesnt.

i count chips because i am a perfectionist or something. its a mental thing.

i am going to look into the lentils. i really had a hard time counting calories at the beggining and keeping my weight on. i also am weighlifting so i want to get a decent amount of calories haha. it sounds like your diet is really similar to mine. do you have any tips on how to keep the food interesting? the things i eat seem so bland and tasteless.

1 person likes this

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

hmm. spices definately help but i can not add spices to my sunflower seeds and brazil nuts which make up 50% of my daily intake of calories.

hmm. spices definately help but i can not add spices to my sunflower seeds and brazil nuts which make up 50% of my daily intake of calories.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

Im eating bananas right now haha. Love em so much. They dont break me out at all, some days I have 6 bananas. Bananas dont spike insulin, a guy on the 30bananas a day site went to a doc and they checked his insulin after 1 banana all the way up to 15 bananas and it never spiked his insulin. They are perfect for in the morning and before or after a workout.

I dont eat many sweet potatoes at all.. I go through phases with them, I get sick of them after a little bit and they are a pain to be skinning all the time. But when I do eat them I only eat like one a day. I have 2 tbl of olive oil with each meal, so 4tbl, which would be 480 cal of olive oil a day.

As for keeping food interesting, I dunno Im just so used to eating this way I actually dont mind it and do enjoy it. I also use nutiva hemp oil which creates different taste, and "Real Salt" tastes really damn good if you dont know what it is go to a health food store and look for it they will have it, suppose to be a lot better then other salts even Himalayan. Should also mention I take 500mg B5, 25mg Zinc, Chromium and 10,000 iu Retinol Vitamin A as well as a digestive enzyme after dinner. Digestive enzymes are huge for me helping my digestion and breaking down and food that gets in the blood stream which can lead to toxins coming out your skin = acne.

Why would it be different for different people? Its like the GI listing.. its not like its different for everyone.. its the same. I usually switch up the digestive enzymes, I have been taking the super zymes lately by twinlab with HCL in them. Usually I take the essential zymes, they work and are cheap.

Why would it be different for different people? Its like the GI listing.. its not like its different for everyone.. its the same. I usually switch up the digestive enzymes, I have been taking the super zymes lately by twinlab with HCL in them. Usually I take the essential zymes, they work and are cheap.

there is a little problem that has arised. last night i attended an all night party where i ate all sorts of carbs, low glycemic and high. i even had some diary. i had white potatoes with cheese, taquitoes, burritos, and beans. all of this is full of carbs. i also had to sleep today at 6:30 when i got home so i have gotten 6 hours of sleep today. my skin looks great. i thought i would have tons of acne from all the carbs. i also ate out yesterday and had a sourdough sandwich. and oh yah i ate out a second time yesterday and had a sourdough footlong from subway. so i had tons of carbs yesterday. the one i did limit was sugar and i had no sugary foods at the party or yesterday. that means i had no fruits which i usually eat. i have pretty good skin this morning and no new acne. i actually had some new acne 2 days ago. it was that day that i ate pita chips and lots of fruits. the thing is that the day before i did deadlifts and squats at the gym which always seems to cause me some acne. i really am confused though. i wonder what would happen if i cut out all the sugar from my diet. i already have a really low sugar diet. the only sugar comes from fruits. i wonder if that would allow me to eat more carbs like last night and still have good skin. this week i will limit my fruit intake to 2 fruits per day at max and that will be the only sugar i have. the thing is, i do not know if should go back to my 20% carb diet of last week or allow myself to eat more carbs. i think i should allow myself to eat more and cut the sugar. here are some pics of my acne today:

Sprout your sunflower seeds and add them to your other foods. And why would you want to do anything to brazil nuts.

I think acne does not occur RIGHT AFTER you eat something unless you are highly allergic to that thing. It usually takes a few days to a week.

Mine always seems to occur within the day of. When I eat lots of sugar or so other stuff to cause acne the bumps will start to form. It takes a few days for them to fully form but my skin will start to get oily and small pimples will break the surface. Today my skin is dry and no stuff forming. I have had acne for 7 years so I know personally how mine is formed and I know it is different for everyone.

I have had it for 8-9 years. Sucks so much.

Do you take any supplements at the moment? Also, what type of veggies/fruits do you consume?

Last but not least, do you still suffer from depersonalization/derealization from the antibiotics?

there is a little problem that has arised. last night i attended an all night party where i ate all sorts of carbs, low glycemic and high. i even had some diary. i had white potatoes with cheese, taquitoes, burritos, and beans. all of this is full of carbs. i also had to sleep today at 6:30 when i got home so i have gotten 6 hours of sleep today. my skin looks great. i thought i would have tons of acne from all the carbs. i also ate out yesterday and had a sourdough sandwich. and oh yah i ate out a second time yesterday and had a sourdough footlong from subway. so i had tons of carbs yesterday. the one i did limit was sugar and i had no sugary foods at the party or yesterday. that means i had no fruits which i usually eat. i have pretty good skin this morning and no new acne. i actually had some new acne 2 days ago. it was that day that i ate pita chips and lots of fruits. the thing is that the day before i did deadlifts and squats at the gym which always seems to cause me some acne. i really am confused though. i wonder what would happen if i cut out all the sugar from my diet. i already have a really low sugar diet. the only sugar comes from fruits. i wonder if that would allow me to eat more carbs like last night and still have good skin. this week i will limit my fruit intake to 2 fruits per day at max and that will be the only sugar i have. the thing is, i do not know if should go back to my 20% carb diet of last week or allow myself to eat more carbs. i think i should allow myself to eat more and cut the sugar. here are some pics of my acne today:

Sprout your sunflower seeds and add them to your other foods. And why would you want to do anything to brazil nuts.

What did you decide about you diet, more carbs or just 20% carbs of your diet?

And you are eating normal eggs or the ones with omega 3 ??

thanks broo!

I have had it for 8-9 years. Sucks so much.

Do you take any supplements at the moment? Also, what type of veggies/fruits do you consume?

Last but not least, do you still suffer from depersonalization/derealization from the antibiotics?

I would advise against peanut butter. Full of lectins and anti-nutrients

Better look into how many Brazil nuts you should safely have. I think that's way too many. You never know how much selenium each nut as.

1 person likes this

It's not true that you would not break out immediately. There are rare times, usually if I have been getting a lot of good sleep, where I can eat anything. But other times where the same food will break me out. In those cases, it happens shortly after. If I eat a lot of tostitos chips, my face gets very oily within an hour at most. Same if I eat a chocolate bar, or drink a beer.

But like I said, in cases where I have been getting good sleep it won't.

I am getting 3 new pimples on the face

Not sure if it all the carbs from 2 days ago or these high glycemic pita chips I ate

chocobot, what about stress. How does it effect your acne?

I am getting 3 new pimples on the face

Not sure if it all the carbs from 2 days ago or these high glycemic pita chips I ate

chocobot, what about stress. How does it effect your acne?

For me it causes lots of acne when I had AP tests. Others who usually had no acne broke out. It was strange to see all the people with normally clear skin with acne the morning before the test. Not everyone though. I noticed I got more acne and also some of my friends have cleared now that school is out and we graduated. My acne always seems to be better when on vacation. I noticed lack of sleep will give me big blackheads that I never get and make the skin really inflamed.

It's not true that you would not break out immediately. There are rare times, usually if I have been getting a lot of good sleep, where I can eat anything. But other times where the same food will break me out. In those cases, it happens shortly after. If I eat a lot of tostitos chips, my face gets very oily within an hour at most. Same if I eat a chocolate bar, or drink a beer.

But like I said, in cases where I have been getting good sleep it won't.

I don't necessarily think its the stress. Its the lack of sleep + diet. What do most students do the night before studying? Eat a shitload of sugary foods to stay energized

I don't necessarily think its the stress. Its the lack of sleep + diet. What do most students do the night before studying? Eat a shitload of sugary foods to stay energized

well i typed a whole thing up just now about that paper but it got deleted. guess it is just not meant to be posted. if you want read the 4th paragraph of page 3 of that 1939 document for some info that is really not that important at all.

All we need to get rid of acne caused by diet then is something that lowers the over active insulin response to carbs and sugar or something to that interrupts whatever the bridge is that leads the insulin to androgens to our skin making sebum in a safe manner. Some sort of pharmaceutical I guess or something to made to increase insulin sensitivity.

Interestingly most acne antibiotics actually increase insulin sensitivity due to their impact on our gastrointestinal organs. Here's the study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2374516/

Here's a study saying that vitamin A improves insulin sensitivity: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21466649/

I don't know if that's why these products work for most for acne but they effect insulin sensitivity in a positive way: minocycline, accutane, tetracycline

Might as well just put this out there:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1998014/?page=4

Paper from1939 where doctors show that women tend to get acne around there period and one doctor says it is a simple fact that patients clear up with a proper diet and lifestyle. He also states that acne patients have a problem with insulin as it causes them to metabolize sugar too fast and causes comedogensis. So 74 years ago they were the connection of diet, insulin, sugar metabolism with acne and some doctors even stated that a proper diet will clear acne. But today doctors will not even admit that diet can cause acne and diet changes are not prescribed for acne. I'm sure that it was just an accident that they overlooked the results of the paper and insulin-diet-acne connection for the last 74 years.

1 person likes this

08/20/13: Acne is gone!! Success thread here --->

--------------------

My Regimen: NO Dairy, Sugar, and *most* High GI/GL foods.

My Previous Regimen Here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/288705-how-i-cleared-my-acne-after-26-years-try-it/ 
My FAQ's Are Written Here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/image/46898-day-one-my-faqs/ 

My Experiences with Dan's Regimen Here: