Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

red

Edited by Acnegoaway54, 21 August 2014 - 01:19 AM.

#2 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

Photos please...

#3 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

I am very glad diet worked for you.  My question to you is how sustainable is no carbs for the longterm?  Do you eat root vegetables?

#4 TreatAcne

TreatAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 49
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

I am happy for you! :) Just be careful about elimination carbohydrates long term. I assume your eating carbs from vegetables, right? Your avoiding breads and bakeries and cereals and processed carbs that have a high glycemic index and load, right? Have you considered complex carbs such as sweet potatoes? 

#5 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Photos please...

i will post some later today but they are only from right now. i never took any before so i will find a pic of what my acne looked like i guess. 

I am very glad diet worked for you.  My question to you is how sustainable is no carbs for the longterm?  Do you eat root vegetables?

well i lied a little. i get 12% of the recomended daily carbs. i get them from bean chips and plantain chips. i also eat fruit like oranges and things like that. i will let you know how sustainable it is. i will keep updating this thread. i have only been on the diet for 2 weeks. it is too early to tell. i have noticed i am dropping body fat from my midsection but that might have to do with the week where i had no appetite before i started this diet. i think it is sustainable because the body can go into ketosis where it uses fat for energy instead of carbs. the inuits used to follow this diet and they lived. also, it is interesting to note that inuits had no acne before they switched to a carb standard american diet. here is the source: http://news.bbc.co.u...lth/2542801.stm the title says bread linked to acne. it is from bbc. 

i do not eat root vegetables but i might add them back into my diet because fruits do not break me out even though they have sugar and carbs so maybe it is ok for me to eat sweet potatoes. i will try and let you know. since i am 99% clear it will be very easy to see if i start getting acne again from eating sweet potatoes. 

I am happy for you! smile.png Just be careful about elimination carbohydrates long term. I assume your eating carbs from vegetables, right? Your avoiding breads and bakeries and cereals and processed carbs that have a high glycemic index and load, right? Have you considered complex carbs such as sweet potatoes? 

i get my carbs from bean chips, plaintain chips, and fruits. i avoid high glycemic and low glycemic carbs other than those bean chips, plaintain chips, and fruits. i used to eat oatmeal and once i cut it out a lot of my acne went away. i used to eat sweet potatoes but i got sick of them

here is my daily diet: 

-2 eggs

-1 cup sunflower seeds

-1/2 cup brazil nuts

-20 plaintain chips

-10 bean chips

-a little turkey jerkey

-2 tablespoons peanut butter

-2 almond flour bread slices

-1 teaspoon apricot jam

-1 avocado

-1 cup chicken(lunch)

-spinach

-1 cup chicken or lamb (dinner)

-3 cups no sugar almond milk

-veggies like spinach, brocolli

-4 oranges

i usually get to 2500 calories a day and if i want 2800 i will eat some pistachios and more meat. 

here is what my acne looked like about 9 months ago. this is not me. this is what it looked like. i would have about 30 whiteheads a week. 

http://www.celibre.c...mic-therapy.jpg

they will not let me post any pictures so here is the link to what it looked like. not me. 

i'll post a pic of me in a couple hours of right now

#6 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

Congratulations. I find it hard to make dietary changes due to living with my parents and having to eat what they do. Plus they buy foods that just make me fail to temptation.

For 2 weeks I was basically living off chicken and vegetables and I felt great, but I think I took the wrong approach and didn't really look into how to make it interesting (adding flavour without it being considered unhealthy). I added spices, but I found everything I was eating was really dry. I caved in after the 2 weeks and my diet is now back to its former self. It's not terrible, but the dairy, gluten and sugar is back.

Hope one day I can achieve the same results as yourself! :)

#7 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

Thanks Lewis! It is really hard and a lot of the time I wonder why I even do this but the results keep me doing it. I live with my parents too and it is really hard to get them to buy what I want. I think that diet changes take a really long time. I really started this a year ago when I removed foods like Doritos and cheese it's from my diet. It has progressed slowly and it is kind of crazy where I am now. Like you said, the food becomes very bland when we restrict our diets. I just hope that I grow out of my acne soon so I can go back to eating how I did before because eating delicious things is really pleasurable. Haha we only know how good it is once we restrict our diets. Today I did make some changes to my diet to make it more tasty. I think that since low carb has worked so well for me maybe I can switch the very few carbs I have for a different type. I hope it does not back fire but I switched my low glycemic bean chips and plantain chips for high glycemic pita chips. Anyway, good luck with whatever you do! And I am sure you will achieve it because everything takes a really long time and we just have to keep trying

#8 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

here are some pics that whoarttho1 requested. these are of right now with no editing*

Photos please...

*some of these photos may have been editing to protect my secret identity

#9 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Your photos don't work. Use tinypic please

#10 TreatAcne

TreatAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 49
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

I am happy for you! smile.png Just be careful about elimination carbohydrates long term. I assume your eating carbs from vegetables, right? Your avoiding breads and bakeries and cereals and processed carbs that have a high glycemic index and load, right? Have you considered complex carbs such as sweet potatoes? 

i get my carbs from bean chips, plaintain chips, and fruits. i avoid high glycemic and low glycemic carbs other than those bean chips, plaintain chips, and fruits. i used to eat oatmeal and once i cut it out a lot of my acne went away. i used to eat sweet potatoes but i got sick of them

here is my daily diet: 

-2 eggs

-1 cup sunflower seeds

-1/2 cup brazil nuts

-20 plaintain chips

-10 bean chips

-a little turkey jerkey

-2 tablespoons peanut butter

-2 almond flour bread slices

-1 teaspoon apricot jam

-1 avocado

-1 cup chicken(lunch)

-spinach

-1 cup chicken or lamb (dinner)

-3 cups no sugar almond milk

-veggies like spinach, brocolli

-4 oranges

i usually get to 2500 calories a day and if i want 2800 i will eat some pistachios and more meat. 

here is what my acne looked like about 9 months ago. this is not me. this is what it looked like. i would have about 30 whiteheads a week. 

http://www.celibre.c...mic-therapy.jpg

they will not let me post any pictures so here is the link to what it looked like. not me. 

i'll post a pic of me in a couple hours of right now

I see! Thanks for the heads up on oatmeal, I'm hoping to cut back on oatmeal as soon as I find a good fiber/carb source since I don't like a lot of things. I was suspicious of it but it makes my stools more comfortable. Although I can properly prepare oat bran, I really don't think it's necessary.

Ever spread peanut butter on granny smith green apples? THE BEST.

Oh so you do eat bread! Almond bread no less, but bread. That's very nice! Your diet is actually extremely flexible compared to some people who have to be even MORE strict than that. I'm glad you found what works for you!

No, I see what you mean when you want to compare your acne with others on the net.

Sorry but your pictures aren't working :shifty:

#11 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

Really? Wow they work for me on my comp and iPhone. I'll work on it tomorrow guys

It probably works now

#12 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

You look amazing! grats

How bad was the body acne prior?

#13 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

Thanks. About 1 year ago my skin looked so bad. I should have taken a picture. It just look cut up and super red like pizza sauce. It has healed really slowly but I am using Manila honey which seems to soothe the redness. My body acne was probably a 5 out of ten at worst compared to other types of acne. I would have about 6 large sized pimples filled with pus on my back and small reddish pimples ony chest. About 6 months ago when I removed the things like dairy and Doritos my chest acne went away. That has been clear for 6 months. I have had the back acne as long as the face acne. It just went away 2 weeks ago. It was only moderate acne at worst though. No cysts. Just really big pimples. When I say at worst, it basically would cycle. Some weeks I would be clear and most weeks I would have acne.

#14 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

dude your skin is great.. you shouldnt be worrying about acne at all lol.  Maybe get a haircut haha, but yeah good skin and nice smile no homo :P  Honey really is the way to go, best topical on planet for acne and scars, redness, etc imo.  

#15 fokerrr1

fokerrr1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

heyy man, how much carbs/proteins/fats you consumed?

And did you used to have oily skin??

Reaaal nice skin bro!

#16 Chocobot

Chocobot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

What is your breakfast like? That's the one most difficult to keep carb free to me.

#17 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

dude your skin is great.. you shouldnt be worrying about acne at all lol.  Maybe get a haircut haha, but yeah good skin and nice smile no homo tongue.png  Honey really is the way to go, best topical on planet for acne and scars, redness, etc imo.  

thanks. i skipped honey and now my skin is a little redder than usual today but i have some on right now

#18 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

heyy man, how much carbs/proteins/fats you consumed?

And did you used to have oily skin??

Reaaal nice skin bro!

thank you. i did have extremely oily skin before. it has definitely become less oily. i did the calculations of my diet and here is how many grams of protein fat and carbs i generally consume in a day:

fat: 10+7+7+7+33+76+10+16+6+8+29

carbs:20+15+3+6+28+3+6+3+12+17+10+20

protein:12+1+4+16+6+23+3+8+14+60+4+2

totals:

fat: 180

carbs:143

protein: 153

ok that looks like carbs are a lot more than i thought they would but i still need to multiply by the energy thing where fat is 9, carbs is 4, and protein is 4. still looks like it is going to be larger than i thought...

fat: 180*9=1620 calories from fat

carbs: 143*4=572 calories from carbs

protein: 153*4=612 calories from protein

so the percentages: 

fat: 1620/2804=58% of energy from fat

carbs: 572/2804=20% of energy from carbs

protein: 612/2804=22% of energy from protein

ok so roughly 60% of my energy comes from fat, 20% from carbs, and 22% from protein.

BUT the reason the carbs are so high are because i added the carbs from the strawberries and oranges i eat which is a lot. without that the carbs would have been about 10%. for some reason carbs from strawberries and oranges do not seem to cause me acne. the majority of carbs came from the plantain chips i eat other than the fruit. 

What is your breakfast like? That's the one most difficult to keep carb free to me.

my breakfast has been 2 eggs and about 8 strawberries. that is all. i eat a snack like 2 hours later. i have never been a big breakfast eater though. i am more of a lunch person. about 2 hours after breakfast i eat the majority of my carbs in my diet. this is when i eat the bean chips and the plaintain chips. i also am going to start adding sausages to beef up the calories of my breakfast because 2 eggs is only about 140. i found sausages with 160 calories which will bring me to 300 calories which is not a lot. i rely more on snacks than actual meals. for example, the main part of my diet is brazil nuts and sunflower seeds lol. so i eat these over a 3 hour period. not really a meal. it is more of a constant supply of small amounts of calories from mainly fat. 

i prefer to change the title of this thread to 20% carb diet. that will make it easier if anyone else wants to try it because no carbs would be nearly impossible considering how hard this has been. 

#19 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

Its good that your not zero carbs.. do some research people have got really messed up from eating no carb, get hypothyroid, circulation problems, kidney problems bunch of other stuff.  Yeah you have a pretty strange diet its funny how you count like 10 chips and such lol.. but you'll prob mellow out in time and figure roughly what works and what doesnt.  

#20 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

Its good that your not zero carbs.. do some research people have got really messed up from eating no carb, get hypothyroid, circulation problems, kidney problems bunch of other stuff.  Yeah you have a pretty strange diet its funny how you count like 10 chips and such lol.. but you'll prob mellow out in time and figure roughly what works and what doesnt.  

really? Damn... what sources of carbs are safe to consume then?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users