Photo

*** ~ Looking For Studies That Show Certain Food Are Conducive To Production Of Acne ~ ***

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 solveanceforever

solveanceforever

Cure Acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

it is well known that food is a nonfactor in causing to the majority of people.

im looking for RELIABLE research to support the case that certain foods can cause acne. thank you.

1 Start reading --> Help Me! What I Do!?!? /// 2 what to use? right here --> the acne.org line -- why are you making it any more difficult? -- that's all you need. you don't need anything more than that. follow it exactly, then tell me how it was in detail (with photo proofs)

3 is it Christmas yet? -->> Cure Acne Guide <<-- (you may pm me one highest quality evidence for my reviewing)

look, you may not care, but i do -- misinformation or awfully poor data is extremely dangerousmuch comes from marketers, gurus, other media, and simply unreliable, careless people, fake or real, intentionally or not. they are NOT there to help you -- and they don't care about you -- understand that. if they did, they would make sure the data was reliable -- absolutely reliable -- among other things. so you better have diligence. You should care about where you get your data from, because 99% of it is crap, and if you still don't care, then i don't care, and you can go ahead and eat unreliable fast food junk data and bloat yourself up to become a low-quality person for the rest of your life. good people don't want that for you, only the bad do. at times, you'll piss a lot of people off when you tell them what's reality. there's a lot of sigs, and if you want to keep with quality, this is the only place i personally trust until someone shows me solid, reliable evidence. 

i have a one 1-line reply per directly acne-specific thread policy. all distractions/notifications turned off. if you have reliable evidence i should see, you may pm

* evil people have profiteered off of the expense of others long enough,

* so remember im only sharing this guide for those Few people

* that will actually care and appreciate it. im doing you a Huge favour~

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

As far as I know, dairy is the only 'specific food' that has been studied and found to 'cause' acne.

But that  is not the only way diet affects acne.  high glycemic meals, inflammatory foods, anything you are intolerant too, lack of nutrients, etc all screw up hormones and increase the level of chronic inflammation and lead to acne.  And lifestyle habits/conditions like sleep, physical activity, stress management and circadian cycle also affect those things.

Also, Cordain, the paleo guru, believes that grains and legumes inhibit enzymes necessary to dissolve the intracellular matrix and allow normal exfoliation without clogging pores. He cites some studies but not in the body of the text so it's hard to match up his claims to research.

See the pinned clinical studies thread.  Also, the ZAG enzyme thread for info on Cordain's claims, lectins and normal desquammation.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#3 solveanceforever

solveanceforever

Cure Acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

all the other things are known to have negative effects generally, but any RELIABLE studies directly showing a clear correlation between high glycemic meals to acne?/

gurus are garbage. they have no idea what they're doing. just unsophisticated profiteers is basically it. please don't mention "gurus" or anything worthless when we're looking for reliable scientific studies.

Edited by solveanceforever, 06 June 2013 - 01:54 PM.

1 Start reading --> Help Me! What I Do!?!? /// 2 what to use? right here --> the acne.org line -- why are you making it any more difficult? -- that's all you need. you don't need anything more than that. follow it exactly, then tell me how it was in detail (with photo proofs)

3 is it Christmas yet? -->> Cure Acne Guide <<-- (you may pm me one highest quality evidence for my reviewing)

look, you may not care, but i do -- misinformation or awfully poor data is extremely dangerousmuch comes from marketers, gurus, other media, and simply unreliable, careless people, fake or real, intentionally or not. they are NOT there to help you -- and they don't care about you -- understand that. if they did, they would make sure the data was reliable -- absolutely reliable -- among other things. so you better have diligence. You should care about where you get your data from, because 99% of it is crap, and if you still don't care, then i don't care, and you can go ahead and eat unreliable fast food junk data and bloat yourself up to become a low-quality person for the rest of your life. good people don't want that for you, only the bad do. at times, you'll piss a lot of people off when you tell them what's reality. there's a lot of sigs, and if you want to keep with quality, this is the only place i personally trust until someone shows me solid, reliable evidence. 

i have a one 1-line reply per directly acne-specific thread policy. all distractions/notifications turned off. if you have reliable evidence i should see, you may pm

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

any RELIABLE studies directly showing a clear correlation between high glycemic meals to acne?/
 /size]

.???? There have been many and are easy to find. You can start with the Clinical Studies thread pinned right there at the top of this forum.

Edited by alternativista, 06 June 2013 - 06:02 PM.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

#5 solveanceforever

solveanceforever

Cure Acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

only care for the most reliable ones, dont have time to look through all of them

you can just link the top 2 on the milk topic, or the Best meta-analysis one from Harvard, Stanford, MIT, John Hopkins, etc. would be good

this thread asks for a specific studies, not a whole bunch

there's a whole bunch of tv shows, doesnt mean most or any are good

Edited by solveanceforever, 06 June 2013 - 06:14 PM.

#6 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

only care for the most reliable ones, dont have time to look through all of them
you can just link the top 2 on the milk topic, or the Best meta-analysis one from Harvard, Stanford, MIT, John Hopkins, etc. would be good

What makes you think I have time to do this for you?

#7 solveanceforever

solveanceforever

Cure Acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

it's like when google are making auto-driving cars and person B is a bicycle thief is peddling bike tires at a bike shop, and writes to goolge, what makes you think i have time to find the perfect baby seat for you. it's not like the bike person knows much about baby seats anyhow, so google will just go back to important things.

Edited by solveanceforever, 06 June 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#8 solveanceforever

solveanceforever

Cure Acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

start reading -- http://www.acne.org/diet-and-acne.html

#9 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

conduct experiments on yourself and see the relationships. 

youll need a control period then a period where you change the variable in question, then compare the two periods to make your decision about the variable/food in question. that's science. basically the difference between the control period and the test/experimental period is the variable in question. if you change one other thing it would be a fair evaluation, if you noticed a difference between the two periods, it could have been either variable that you switched. 

a one day control and test period should yield some results, but longer is best like 3-5 days to see differences.

#1.critical nutritional issues- b12(three forms exist), Calcium(yogurt, cheese or calcium phosphate supps) and vitamin d(sun or supps not to exceed 1000 iu). heme iron-most absorbable from meat only, clams are high. these are the most difficult vitamins to get and absorb. All others or about the same in difficulty in absorption. MAgnesium in our food supply is generally low as well, try natural calm supps.
#2 Fats- monounsaturated should dominate(olives), followed by polyunsaturated plant sources(nuts) but not if you have acne. the health benefits of fish oil and fish are controversial and i dont consume them due to mercury contamination and immune supression avoid processed fats if possible.
#3 Protein/amino acids- dairy and eggs best sources for tryptophan and methionine which convert to powerful antioxidants melatonin and glutathione.
#4 Carotenoids- alpha- beta carotene, beta cryptoxanthin, lutein zeaxanthin, astaxanthin. these are vital to human nutrition, carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin, chili pepper and cayenne pepper are the best sources.
#5 Regularity-BM at least once a day, Moist, large stools, 1 piece ideal, no maldigestion, no floating stools indicative of maldigested fat. HOW- insoluble fiber- wheat and cooked vegetables. soluble fiber-oats/ good bacteria ferment soluble fiber making short chain fatty acids that inhibit pathogens.
#6 Circadian cycles-Light, get up with the sun, and expose your entire body to it. darkness-melatonin is released upon the sensing of absolute darkness. sleep in a pitch black room, try to ensure 10 hours total darkness, wear sunglasses before bed. do not eat too late at night.
#7 Desirable physiological states(positive moods/emotions) do precisely what you like and what feels good to you, but not regardless of consequences, just from a perspective that, you own your life, and can determine precisely what you do with it and need not answer or ask of permission from anyone,achieving maximum autonomy and self government.

#10 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

Yeah. Read that when it was created. There are some good studies in that. And a lot of completely unfounded conclusions.

He does state his bias at the end. He claims HIS acne increased again (after clearing from diet changes) as whatever weight Loss HE experienced leveled off. And so, in the first paragraph, he says that YOU probably will experience the same. Unfounded conclusion.

Anspd thn he quit the diet and wrote that section, rather than keeping it up to see what happens.

My acne only returns when my diet worsens.

#11 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

Yeah. Read that when it was created. There are some good studies in that. And a lot of completely unfounded conclusions.

He does state his bias at the end. He claims HIS acne increased again (after clearing from diet changes) as whatever weight Loss HE experienced leveled off. And so, in the first paragraph, he says that YOU probably will experience the same. Unfounded conclusion.

Anspd thn he quit the diet and wrote that section, rather than keeping it up to see what happens.

If you ate junk food, but not oranges... would your acne still return?

#12 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

Yes. If my diet habits worsen, the acne worsens.

#13 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

What if you consume junk food here and there? 

#14 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

No. If I eat mostly very well, I can also eat nearly anything else. That is how i eat. The only exception is the citrus that cause me to break out in cysts. Can't do that.

#15 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

No. If I eat mostly very well, I can also eat nearly anything else. That is how i eat. The only exception is the citrus that cause me to break out in cysts. Can't do that.

do non organic veggies give you acne?

#16 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

No. The only thing that noticeably gives me acne are the citrus fruits and poor diet baits. Habits being the impotant word there.

#17 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

No. The only thing that noticeably gives me acne are the citrus fruits and poor diet baits. Habits being the impotant word there.

What about stress, sleeping late, and limiting sun exposure? 

#18 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

What makes you think I have time to do this for you?

TROLL!!

BEWARE!!

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??
http://www.acne.org/...-with-pictures/

huge pores
http://www.acne.org/...dwith-pictures/

indented scar
http://www.acne.org/...iswith-picture/

oils used for cooking
http://www.acne.org/...oilgood-or-bad/

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores
http://www.acne.org/...twith-pictures/

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)
http://www.acne.org/...food-allergies/
http://www.acne.org/...incare-routine/