Fluorescent Lighting?

6 replies to this topic

#1 kissses

kissses

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

Ok I always noticed this but don't know if there's anything to it, but: When I was in high school one thing that really annoyed me was how uncomfortably oily my skin got throughout the day. I always associated this with the overhead fluorescent lighting at school. Since I've started online school at home where I'm mostly exposed to natural light, my skin is way less oily. Like there are probably other, stronger factors but my skin rarely feels greasy anymore. And I felt that slimy feeling again when i went in for the SATs.

Am I just imagining this or what?

#2 XXYY

XXYY

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

When you go to school youre exposed to wind, sun, temperature changes, youre walking around all day long - all of these external aggressors will stimulate the sebaceous glands. When youre sitting at home on the computer all day, your body is much more relaxed - so are the sebaceous glands.

#3 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

Stuffy rooms generally make my skin much oilier and I can stay at home and remain clear for days and then after a full day of college, I start to breakout due to the heat and oil it generates. 

So yeah, I agree with this wholly. 

#4 Oilygirl1980

Oilygirl1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

Agreed. My skin is always less oily when I'm at home on the weekends. Also, the lights make my shiny skin look even worse. I hate fluorescent lighting. :(

#5 duften

duften

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

I was the exact same in high school.   Eight hours under fluorescent light caused me to break out.   In the summer months, I would wear long sleeves, because if I didn't, my arms would be covered acne breakouts.   I pretty much forgot about it when I got out of school.  A few years ago, I began working from home, and decided to buy some bright lighting to work in.   The brightest I could find was a 3000 lumen CFL.   (I shave my head these days)  After one week, my head looked like a pizza, and my arms were breaking out again.    I was not hot, walking a lot, leaving the house or anything.   I am convinced it is the lighting.   I gave the light bulb to the first person that would take it off my hands.

#6 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

Do you have symptoms of lupus?

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#7 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

strongsad.gif strongsad.gif strongsad.gif strongsad.gif  fluorescent light...one more thing to be paranoid about! eusa_think.gif

I supposed if red and blue UV lights can treat acne, then there might be an artificial light that can trigger it. Artificial light from computer screens and cell phones can also cause insomnia, so yeah, it could be a factor that impacts your skin somehow.

I'm sitting under fluorescent lighting as I type this...uh oh saywhat.gif

Edited by WishClean, 16 December 2013 - 07:42 PM.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users