vitamin a acne dosage

1 reply to this topic

#1 kinluek

kinluek

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:46 AM

has anyone ever had experience with taking vitamin a palmitate for acne?? ive just bought this bottle of Ultra A+E emulsion each drop contains 15000iu emulsified vitamin A palmitate... whats the difference between the palmitate and normal vitamin a? will it be just effective for acne and what dosage should i take?

#2 rachelhannah

rachelhannah

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:34 AM

Good question! If you want to read about my experience so far with Vitamin A for acne, hop over: http://www.acne.org/...sing-vitamin-a/

Here's what Wikipedia has to say: 

In foods of animal origin, the major form of vitamin A is an ester, primarily retinyl palmitate, which is converted to retinol(chemically an alcohol) in the small intestine. The retinol form functions as a storage form of the vitamin, and can be converted to and from its visually active aldehyde form, retinal. The associated acid (retinoic acid), a metabolite that can be irreversibly synthesized from vitamin A, has only partial vitamin A activity, and does not function in the retina for the visual cycle. Retinoic acid is used for growth and cellular differentiation.[6]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users