3 Year Old Red Bump On My Nose
Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:35 PM
Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:26 AM
I would guess it's a hypertrophic scar, but I'm not very familiar with those so don't just count on my word. If it is a hypertrophic scar, silicone gel or a silicone sheet could help with the colour and flattening it.
Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:41 AM
i had the same thought.if its been there for 3 yrs without change then it could be a scar.
did u have a pimple or anything right there before?
oils used for cooking
inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores
my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)
Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:00 AM
I don't think it's a scar. Looks to me to be what's called a sebaceous cyst. They're common on noses. They can hang around for donkey's years and are often not painful at all. Yours is red, which indicates inflammation so it's probably not a scar at all.
The material inside is not like a pimple (pus), but more of a fatty composition. So squeezing it often does nothing as they're extremely stubborn. You'd probably end up making yourself bleed but there'd be no goo from the bump coming out, hehe.
I had one on my chest once, very similar in looks to the bump on your nose. It had to be surgically removed. Sounds scary but it isn't. A simple incision and then the "contents" are removed and the wound is then dressed so that it heals. I didn't scar from this procedure.
Don't squeeze it! Go see a derm and ask them about the possibility of it being a sebaceous cyst.
Some more reading for you: http://www.primeheal...nd-removal.html
My Skin Care Regime
** Morning **
1. DermaQuest C3 Cleanser
2. DermaQuest Niacinamide B3 serum
3. DermaQuest C3 serum (Vitamin C)
4. DermaQuest Stem Cell 3D Daily Moisturiser (tinted) SPF 15 or
DermaQuest Daily Moisturising Lotion SPF 15 (on weekends)
** Makeup **
1. DermaQuest DermaPerfection Primer
2. Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation SPF 15
3. Dermablend Setting Powder
** Night **
1. DermaQuest C3 Cleanser
2. DermaQuest Algae Facial Scrub (every second night)
3. DermaQuest Niacinamide B3 serum
4. DermaQuest Retexture serum (Vitamin A) (every second night)
5. DermaQuest Skin Rehydrating Serum (every other night)
6. DermaQuest Clarifying Pads (5% salicylic acid) (for my biggest acne prone areas)
7. DermaQuest DermaClear TX (for acne spots)
8. Swisse Ultiboost Hair Skin and Nails (vitamin supplement)
*** Current Treatment Plan ***
2010-2011: 5 x Fraxel Re:Store sessions - maybe 10-15% improvement.
2012-2013: 5 x Dermaroller sessions - at least 70% improvement!
2013: One eDermastamp treatment down, one more to go in Oct!
Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:15 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users