3 Year Old Red Bump On My Nose

4 replies to this topic

#1 Mikeweaver919

Mikeweaver919

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

Can't believe I haven't figured out what this is on my nose but I hate it and need to find how to get rid of it. This is not a zit or pimple. Never hurts or itches or anything. It is slightly raised. Any ideas? Would really appreciate some help thanks!image.jpg

#2 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

I would guess it's a hypertrophic scar, but I'm not very familiar with those so don't just count on my word. If it is a hypertrophic scar, silicone gel or a silicone sheet could help with the colour and flattening it.

#3 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

i had the same thought.if its been there for 3 yrs without change then it could be a scar.

did u have a pimple or anything right there before?

#4 Quirky Fox

Quirky Fox

Up Through The Ashes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Avid researcher of the science behind scars and their treatments. 2013 is my year to beat my scars once and for all!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

I don't think it's a scar. Looks to me to be what's called a sebaceous cyst. They're common on noses. :) They can hang around for donkey's years and are often not painful at all. Yours is red, which indicates inflammation so it's probably not a scar at all.

The material inside is not like a pimple (pus), but more of a fatty composition. So squeezing it often does nothing as they're extremely stubborn. You'd probably end up making yourself bleed but there'd be no goo from the bump coming out, hehe.

I had one on my chest once, very similar in looks to the bump on your nose. It had to be surgically removed. Sounds scary but it isn't. A simple incision and then the "contents" are removed and the wound is then dressed so that it heals. I didn't scar from this procedure. 

Don't squeeze it! Go see a derm and ask them about the possibility of it being a sebaceous cyst.

Some more reading for you: http://www.primeheal...nd-removal.html

#5 Mikeweaver919

Mikeweaver919

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

Thanks so much for your responses guys. Really appreciate it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users