Photo

Anyone Tried Aczone Or Acanya Gel?

topical rx prescription acne hormonal acne gel topical gel topical prescription adult acne inflammation

4 replies to this topic

#1 Shannanigunz

Shannanigunz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

My Derm prescribed me Aczone (dapsone) gel, 5% for my overall acne, and Acanya gel as a spot treatment.

I have adult hormonal acne. I am 25, have been struggling with it for a year. I am using Ortho Tri Cyclen BCPs to regulate my hormones....though I'm thinking about switching because it's been almost a year and I still need topicals.

My acne is mild/moderate. I have very dry skin, naturally.

Has anyone used either Aczone and/or Acanya? How long before it worked, if it worked at all? Any side effects, or initial breakout period.

I was using Clindamycin Phosphate Lotion and had to stop because it was irritating my skin in the form of small bumps. Since using Aczone for about a week, I have noticed that these bumps have decreased dramatically, though I am still not completely clear, and I currently have 1-2 inflamed pimples on top of the tiny bumps that I still do have.

I've read that Aczone is a topical anti-inflammatory...but we're not sure exactly how it works?

Please post if you have experience with any of these Rx's. Would love to read some feedback.

#2 Shannanigunz

Shannanigunz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Also, I'm very interested in green tea moisturizers. These topical Rx's are pretty drying. I like Cetaphil but I specifically would like to try a green tea moisturizer. Anyone know of any good ones that don't break you out?

Thanks.

Edited by Shannanigunz, 13 May 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#3 goodz19

goodz19

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

Ive been using Aczone since November (mornings), and Differin at night (which Ive used for 3 years).  Im not happy at all w/ the way my skin's current condition is.  It seems like Aczone helps more for acne that has already appeared reather than being a good preventative med.  I still find myself breaking out just as much today as when I started in November. 

Im trying to ween myself back onto Acanya (which is what I was on before Aczone) but its taking my face some time to adjust.

#4 kaixin101

kaixin101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:53 AM

I started using this maybe a year ago and I absolutely love it. I went to the dermatologist to see what I could do about my acne and she prescribed me this to do every morning and Differin to use every night. Acanya is great at removing big pimples and even small zits. One thing people don't realize is that if you put this on and plan on going in the sun, you need to also wear a sunscreen moisturizer. This medicine makes you more sun-sensitive, so keep that in mind.
Pay No More Than $35 coupon: http://www.manufactu.../acanya-coupon/

Edited by kaixin101, 16 November 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#5 Valerie44

Valerie44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with my family and wonderful husband. I also enjoy going to the movies, working out, shopping, and anything to do with beauty. Plz feel free to add me as a friend, would love to chat with people who are going thru the same acne issues as me.

Achievements

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

Been using Aczone for about 2 years now morning n night and really like it....it doesn't seem to irritate my skin and keeps my small pimples from becoming inflamed. I also like wearing it under my make-up it makes my skin have a nice glow to it but only use a little or it will make your skin look dry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users