Over-The-Counter For Scars?

acne scars over-the-counter medicines red redness

1 reply to this topic

#1 DistortedFlames

DistortedFlames

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Playing guitar, listening to music, singing, watching WWE, doing MMA and skating.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

I've had acne since I was 12 or 13 and I am 16 now. I started popping since that age and recently, my acne has gone from being terrible to just a few pimples on my cheeks. What's really bothering me though are my acne scars. Even if I don't have a pimple, there is redness on my face and it simply won't go away. I've tried loads of medications, but my cheeks are red at all times. I'm a guy and I have to use the Neutrogena concealer to hide my scars. Here are my questions:

1. I've been using the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash and Clean & Clear's Persa Gel to prevent my acne and reduce pimple size, but is there anything I can add to that in order to fade my scars? I need something that's quick and effective and can be found in stores (over-the-counter).

2. Does Glycolic Acid work in fading scars and preventing acne? Could you find over-the-counter products containing glycolic acid?

3. Are there any over-the-counter products using sulfur that could minimize pimple size overnight? And are they even effective?

4. Can Retin-A/Tretinoin rapidly remove scars?

Thanks to anyone willing to help me out. I'm new here and this is my first thread ever. :]

Edited by DistortedFlames, 10 May 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#2 accuracy101

accuracy101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

Your situation sounds pretty similar to mine. Can you post some pics up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users