No replies to this topic

#1 Sumaira

Sumaira

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

Hi,

I'm currently using the 3 step Clinique treatment (blemish ones) for washing and moisturising my face, and using duac afterwards, adding it to all affected areas (face, back and small part of chest). I'd had epiduo before this, and that had positive results on my face, but my dermatologist changed it, as it wasn't being quite as effective on my face as it used to be, and did nothing for my back and the small part of my chest.

I'm now 2 months into this, and it's worked quite well on my back, but not great on my chest (just a small patch) and hasn't done much at all for my face. Has anyone else had problems/success with duac over time? I've read that it can take up to 6 months to see the effects, but epiduo (which is similar) worked immediately.

My main question however relates to tomatoes, it's got some great reviews, and seeing as it's not on prescription and cheap, I'll give it a try. The only question I have is, can it be used on top of duac? I can't really put the duac on top, as it won't fit into my routine if I do, and I'd ideally want to leave the tomato on for a long period, possibly overnight. The duac is quite thick, and I'm worried that the tomato won't get through it to my skin, but at the same time I don't want to stop duac, as it might eventually start working. 

Any thoughts/advice about this? Especially on applying the tomato, I'm thinking of going for pulping it, then applying it for long periods at night, possibly even overnight.

I'm also open to any other products that are working for people, I don't know how long I can cope with this for now, it's really having a negative effect on my confidence. I'm from asian decent and had clear skin until a year after the birth of my daughter, and it's got progressively worse since until it became severe. It's now moderate to severe, but I'm sick of having it and trying different prescription strength medication that takes weeks or months to work. 

Thanks in advance.

Sumaira

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users