Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Spot Treatment - Need Your Help Naming It

Spot Treatment Name   49 votes

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Perox-cid
    • B.G. gel
    • Acne.org Spot Treatment

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

We have finalized a spot treatment which includes 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and 10% glycolic acid. It also contains ayurvedics, anti-inflammatories, and a ton of other good stuff. We're hopeful that it will pass stability, but there are never any guarantees when it comes to that, so fingers crossed.
If it does pass, we will be releasing it, but we still need to decide on a name. Please vote in the poll below and let us know which name you prefer.
Don't like either? Post your ideas below.

Definitely acne.org spot treatment, it just keeps with the simplicity of the rest of the acne.org products. Perox-cid sounds a little...scary, like it's some kind of lethal chemical. B.G gel just doesn't cut it either. Keep it simple and to the point smile.png

2 people like this

Have you ever thought about making a version of your Benzoyl Peroxide that contains a retinoid like adapalene? Like an Acne.org version of Epiduo.

That would be a pretty cool product in my opinion, as benzoyl peroxide alone isn't very effective for removing comedones.

I voted Acne.org Spot Treatment. I think that's a good name for the product and it meshes well with the theme of the other products on the site. Keep it simple, that's my motto :P

2 people like this

Daily Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Jojoba oil as moisturizer

Nightly Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Cetaphil moisturizer + a few drops of Jojoba oil

My Regimen Log:

Acne.org Spot Treatment gets the point across quickly. Go with that!

1 person likes this

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Lotion/Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20

The Balm Sexy Mama Translucent Power

Smashbox Photoset Pressed Power in Light
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff

Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fuide in Cashew

- Tinted Moisturizer: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Nude
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)

- Eyecream: Clinique All About Eyes
- Medication: Diane 35
Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. ---

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. ---

This is my two year update on The Regimen and the products I have used ---

Looking forward to it Dan... I know when I spot treat, I use AHA then a glob of BP before applying BP and moisturize, as per usual.. Twice as effective then using AHA, then applying BP and moisturizer... :)

DKR Log http://www.acne.org/...r/page__st__120

DKR Photo Gallery http://www.acne.org/...66762-nycqueen/

Skin Care Regimen

Mornings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer one drop Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70

Evenings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer and two drops of Dan's AHA+

During Breakouts: Apply 2 pumps of BP and Moisturizer with AHA+ until breakout subsides

Daily: Take multivitamin (WholeFoods 365 brand), probiotics

Makeup: Bare Minerals, wash brushes once to three times a week depending on usage.

Makeup Removal: Swipe jojoba oil to remove eye and facial makeup, wash with Hydrating Cleanser for 4 seconds, rinse, then cleanse for 6 seconds, BP, moisturize

I always spot treat with AHA, as I don't have any BP! I can't wait to try this!

We'd love to hear more thoughts, please vote if you haven't already! :)

I can't wait for this! This is exactly what I need

1 person likes this

New Regimen!

Morning: 2 pumps Dan's cleanser in the shower, and "Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Hydrating Care" to moisturize, works to get me through the day without dry skin, but doesn't show, it's like there's nothing on my face, it's matt and doesn't shine.

///

Night: 2/3 pumps Dan's cleaner in the shower, using the cleanser to shave with a 2 blade generic razor, end segment finger's worth of Dan's BP, 2 pumps Dan's moisturizer with 6 drops generic, organic jojoba oil.

Sometimes just Dan's AHA+, or the usual application of Dan's BP with AHA+ on top if I'm feeling hardcore.

///

1 generic multivitamin, 30mg Zinc if the multivitamin doesn't contain it, 1/2 odorless garlic capsules, 2/3 EyeQ capsules (omega 3, 6, evening primrose oil,)

Have been on lots of different prescriptions, most successful was oxytetracycline.

New regimen!

Dove summer glow morning

AHA+ (acne.org) night!

Awaiting 20% salicylic acid gel in post for chin and nose.

Acne isn't returning after almost 2 years on the regimen

Looking for treatments for oily skin however, I have that really bad

I voted spot treatment for the reasons the others said. I love the simple labeling and branding you do with your products. No flashy nonsense, just a clear description of a product that works. Stick to it! :)

1 person likes this

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

acne.org spot treatment.

its always easy to understand and relate(considering new or non-members)

1 person likes this

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)

possibly fun to gather names, early kind of promotion but it hasn't even passed, too pemature

1 Start reading --> Help Me! What I Do!?!? /// 2 what to use? right here --> the acne.org line -- why are you making it any more difficult? -- that's all you need. you don't need anything more than that. follow it exactly, then tell me how it was in detail (with photo proofs)

3 is it Christmas yet? -->> <<-- (you may pm me one highest quality evidence for my reviewing)

look, you may not care, but i do -- misinformation or awfully poor data is extremely dangerous. much comes from marketers, gurus, other media, and simply unreliable, careless people, fake or real, intentionally or not. they are NOT there to help you -- and they don't care about you -- understand that. if they did, they would make sure the data was reliable -- absolutely reliable -- among other things. so you better have diligence. You should care about where you get your data from, because 99% of it is crap, and if you still don't care, then i don't care, and you can go ahead and eat unreliable fast food junk data and bloat yourself up to become a low-quality person for the rest of your life. good people don't want that for you, only the bad do. at times, you'll piss a lot of people off when you tell them what's reality. there's a lot of sigs, and if you want to keep with quality, this is the only place i personally trust until someone shows me solid, reliable evidence.

i have a one 1-line reply per directly acne-specific thread policy. all distractions/notifications turned off. if you have reliable evidence i should see, you may pm

* evil people have profiteered off of the expense of others long enough,

* so remember im only sharing this guide for those Few people

* that will actually care and appreciate it. im doing you a Huge favour~

here comes the king!sign_baaa.gif

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)

what about Benz-Acid gel? Gly-benz gel? Glybenzogel?

Acne.org spot treatment, Im a bit ocd tongue.png so it works for me to have that on my shelf with other acne.org products.

I'm delighted your making a spot treatment as I have been looking for one to buy this week.

will it be ok to apply on top of duac (assuming its a twice a day treatment) being as duac is basically 5% BP?

Dual Action or Multi Action Spot Treatment.

Current regimen:

morning- Basis Sensitive Skin bar, looking for new SPF moisturizer.

evening- OCM (jojoba & castor oil), CeraVe PM Moisturizing Lotion (with Ceramides, Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid), AcneFree 3-in-1 Acne Night Repair (Salicylic Acid 1.5% + Retinol %unknown), BP mix of equal parts Persagel (10% BP), Boiron Calendula Gel, FOTE Aloe Vera Gel, CeraVe PM Moisturizing Lotion plus few drops grapeseed oil and a drop of tea tree oil.