I suffered from fairly severe acne on my face, back, shoulders, arms, and chest. It was so frustrating because it seemed like I tried everything. Nothing seemed to work. Once I altered my approach, I saw significant results. I decided to treat the cause of the acne and irritation instead of trying to treat it after it had already formed. I would like to share this with you guys. Hopefully you will see results, too!
After doing some research, I found some information that I was willing to try. I barely had to change my routine at all (which was so convenient for me). I just had to change some of my products. Here are some of the things that I did:
1. Changed to sensitive skin laundry detergent and dryer sheets. (I use Tide detergent and Bounce dryer sheets)
2. Changed to sensitive skin body wash. (Aveeno skin relief, no fragrance)
3. Changed my shampoo and conditioner. (now use Free & Clear)
4. Frequently washed my pillow cases.
5. Frequently washed my makeup brushes. Also, make sure to wash makeup off face before going to bed.
6. Used tea tree oil lotion (The Body Shop) to treat inflammation on my face.
This cleared up all of the acne on my body besides a few small red spots every once in a while. My face is also a lot more clear, but some of my acne is a bit hormonal. If you're willing to try this, I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me. Good luck!!!