milk acne

No replies to this topic

#1 jkendt1989

jkendt1989

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

I remember hearing recently that food doesn't cause acne. For me I am 99% sure that whatever is in milk does. 

Background: 

Growing up I always had mild acne. Washing my face took care of 99% of it. In the last 3 years I have been going to the gym on and off along with taking a shake 3-6 times a week, mixed in milk. During this time I would get zit on my face.

Current:

This winter I took a break from the gym and stopped taking my shake mixed with milk. My face cleared up a ton. I no longer had those big zits on my face/back. I even hardly washed my face twice a day! It was as if acne was a thing of the past! 

I started back up in March, I went back to my old shake and lactose free milk. Almost instantly I started getting those big zits and break out spots on my face. I am 99% sure that either the milk or the shake itself has been causing me to have acne the last 3 years. 

First thing I am going to do is switch to almond milk with my old shake mix. I want to see if these big zits go away from my face and back. If they still happen I will switch to just a protein shake without all the extra junk in it (still no milk).

The reason I think that it is milk is that if I have a milk shake or a big ice cream cone, my face starts to get oily, my stomach hurts which leads to me going to the bathroom 5 minutes later (not in a good way) and a really bad break out within the next 3 days or so. I noticed that the lactose milk took away the bathroom problems for the most part but still left the other ones. It still causes bad gas though. 

Has anyone else had similar problems? 

Here are the two things that I think cause it:

http://www.lactaid.c...ucts/whole-milk

http://www.gnc.com/p...oductId=4396596

Like I stated above first I am switching the milk out with almond milk and if in 1-2 months I am still having the same results I will be stopping or switching the type of shake I take.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users