Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freefood

Big Acne Bump For 1.5 Month [Pic]

6 posts in this topic

I have this acne on my face for 1.5 months, with no signs of it going away. It is no longer painful but just stay there as a bump. I have tried many topical(bp, tea tree oil, drying mask) on it but it just doest make it go away.

I visited my derm last week for a steroid injection to it which she was reluctant to give but eventually gave me a low dosage shot. It did not do anything to it. I tried lancing it with a needle in order to drain the pus but there was only blood.

Can any1 give me some advice on this.

post-202911-0-14654600-1367847798_thumb.

post-202911-0-14654600-1367847798_thumb.

If it's not painful, there's a good chance it's no longer full of puss.

I had a few of these in my teenage years. I think it's some kind of scar tissue but they did eventually go.

I would honestly leave it well alone. The more you poke, prod, squeeze etc, the higher the chances of long term scarring.

It could be sebaceous hyperplasia. They tend to be skin colored and they don't go away. I had a few burned off.

Sebaceous hyperplaysia-a sebaceous gland that has gone haywire then become blocked. Salycilic acid will exfoliate the pore from within, Paula's Choice makes an excellent product called Resist BHA 9.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/collections/RESIST-Anti-Aging/_/RESIST-BHA-9/

I'm a fan of her gentle, yet extremely effective skin care products. I adore the Regular Strength Clear skin care acne treatment regimen as well. She sells it in a trial size. Check out the sample sizes for the BHA 9, if the price is too high for full size. You can buy 3 samples of the same product for a couple dollars. Hope this helps!

just an update, it was a whitehead. I lanced it again and pus came out this time. Now its a much smaller red bump.

I think there still abit of pus inside, i will give it another week before trying to lance it again.