irritation dryness the regimen goose bump skin

2 replies to this topic

#1 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

i am a week into the regimen and i notice that have goose bump skin (feels very rough alongside my neck where i don't have acne and don't apply the regimen.  I have also begun to make a conscious effort to moisturize that area separately with moisturizer after i do my whole routine as i know moisturizer can spread the bp.  Is this normal for The regimen?  Also, no matter how much moisturizer i use, my face is dry (patches of flakes on parts)- is this to be expected? I am only using a pea sized amount and as of yesterday, i do this twice per day.  under my jaw also has begun to develop this goose bumps as well and i do have acne spots there too....not sure if this is from dryness, irritation or what.   I ordered jojoba so hopefully it gets here in a week.  Any and all comments are appreciated.

#2 Ballen

Ballen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Psychology and Entrepreneurship.

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

You get dry skin exactly because you moisturize. The skin gets used to being moisturized, and stop producing oils to compensate.
Try not moisturizing it for a week, and you will see the difference.

Good luck. :)

#3 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

You get dry skin exactly because you moisturize. The skin gets used to being moisturized, and stop producing oils to compensate.
Try not moisturizing it for a week, and you will see the difference.

Good luck. smile.png

Just wanted to thank you for this advice.  It totally works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users