irritation dryness the regimen goose bump skin

2 replies to this topic

#1 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

i am a week into the regimen and i notice that have goose bump skin (feels very rough alongside my neck where i don't have acne and don't apply the regimen.  I have also begun to make a conscious effort to moisturize that area separately with moisturizer after i do my whole routine as i know moisturizer can spread the bp.  Is this normal for The regimen?  Also, no matter how much moisturizer i use, my face is dry (patches of flakes on parts)- is this to be expected? I am only using a pea sized amount and as of yesterday, i do this twice per day.  under my jaw also has begun to develop this goose bumps as well and i do have acne spots there too....not sure if this is from dryness, irritation or what.   I ordered jojoba so hopefully it gets here in a week.  Any and all comments are appreciated.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#2 Ballen

Ballen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Psychology and Entrepreneurship.

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

You get dry skin exactly because you moisturize. The skin gets used to being moisturized, and stop producing oils to compensate.
Try not moisturizing it for a week, and you will see the difference.

Good luck. :)

Dreams do come true.

#3 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

You get dry skin exactly because you moisturize. The skin gets used to being moisturized, and stop producing oils to compensate.
Try not moisturizing it for a week, and you will see the difference.

Good luck. smile.png

Just wanted to thank you for this advice.  It totally works!

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users