Photo

Recommendations For Non-Greasy Moisturizer That Absorbs Well?

moisturizer

25 replies to this topic

#21 1want2becl3ar

1want2becl3ar

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

The olay complete all day moisturizer with 15spf for sensitive skin recommended by dan is good. Its non greasy and absorbs very well. It doesn't take care of flakiness though unless you add jojoba oil

#22 Morgo K

Morgo K

Skincare enthusiast

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

Be careful with the olay ones! The ingredients are different in the UK to what they are in the USA and elsewhere! I looked through all of the olay moisturisers in my local supermarket and there was not one which was non comedogenic!

#23 BryantMkIV

BryantMkIV

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:15 AM

i bought Neutrogena, Balancing lotion... its awesome.. its for people that tend to develop oily skin, my face is well moisturizered and not greasy

#24 cinnamonn

cinnamonn

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

Neutrogena naturals one is my holy grail product. It's very moisturizing without being greasy.

#25 Morgo K

Morgo K

Skincare enthusiast

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:38 AM

On Thursday I bought Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-Free Moisturiser and have been using it in the morning (I use Cetaphil at night).

It's free of oil, which is a bonus I guess
It easily absorbs, leaving you non-greasy
It's available at boots

It's quite expensive for the amount you get though
It doesn't really do much in terms of limiting the oil you produce

I'd recommend it, it's worth a try, and it smells good.

I don't know if you care about the comedogenity of products or not, but that moisturiser is not non-comedogenic. I know it says that it is on the packet but the ingredients contain Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Acohol, Palmitic Acid and Stearic Acid. They are all ingredients that cause acne and irritate the skin. I'm not saying you shouldn't use it if it works for you, but there's no way I would ever put that on my face haha.

Also, oil free isn't always a bonus. Only a few oils actually cause acne and many of them actually help it.

I've noticed that "oil free" products are usually filled with comedogenic fatty alcohols and useless silicones to replace the oil.

Many oils are non comedogenic and non greasy so that's something to keep in mind.

:)

#26 Rosalie324

Rosalie324

You is Smart. You is Kind. You is important.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Equestrian
    Softball
    Singing
    Reading

Achievements

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

If you're willing to splurge a bit... Shesiedo Oil-Free Mattifying Moisturizer works wonders for me. It's about $36 for 4 oz, but I apply 2 pumps/use 2x/day, and after 5 weeks I'm only through half the bottle. The texture is more like a serum that glides over my skin, and dries within a minute. It's marketed as non-comedeogenic and I believe this to be true from personal experience. I have very sensitive skin, so any allergens tend to aggravate my skin. This moisturizer has never caused me ANY problems. It is oil-free, so if you have any dry skin I wouldn't recommend this for you. You can actually feel the powder particles if you rub your fingers together, but thankfully it just dries out my combination/oily skin. 

For the days that my skin needs an extra boost of moisture, mainly because of my topical medications, I use Clinique Dramatically Different Serum. Only as a last resort, because honestly I don't trust that brand of cosmetic facial care. Just my two cents :D

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users