Photo
Mild to Moderate Acne

Spironolactone And Zinc?

spironolactone zinc gluconate hormonal acne blackheads whiteheads bumps skin disorder

No replies to this topic

#1 Bebeyou

Bebeyou

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading books, writing stories, listening to music, playing guitar and of course BIKING!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Hi everyone! Please I have this important question! I'm turning to you because I stopped going to my derm ( insurance coming to an end) so I need your advice and opinions , PLEAAAASE! I'm a woman and  have high level of testosterone,hisurtism , and acne.

I've been battling acne for almost 10 years now ( I'm 21 btw) and the last time I went to visit the derm he prescribed me with bactrim and spironolactone. The bactrim cleared my face but after a week, I was all swollen ( allergy ) so now I'm only taking 25 mg of spiro. I've tried Dim before for 2 weeks without any change in my skin so I stopped. Now I'm looking to take zinc as I heard it can help with acne and I think it might help since I've always had white spots on my fingernails. The problem is I read somewhere that zinc gluconate raises the level of free testosterone and that's since I have androgen /testosterone , I'm scared it might make my acne worse. But at the same time, I have those white spots on my nails which indicates a zinc deficiency. So my question is can I take the siponolactone with the zink? I would greatly appreciate your help . Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users