So, I've recently stumbled upon a few products that spark my curiosity. I'm always looking for things that are good for my skin and I'm always open to new ways to treat it - however, I'm really tired of all these false claims that drugstore companies are making. "CLEARS ACNE IN ONE DAY," oh sure, tell me more. "KILLS 99% OF BACTERIA!" oh yeah, I bet. "#1 ACNE FIGHTING BRAND IN THE WORLD!" sure, suuuureee.
Yet we keep falling for these claims because there's something inside us that believes or hopes it might be true. Well, today I'm investigating a few products that are simply known to be good for the skin. I'm talking like, really natural, pure, organic products that have great reviews. I haven't personally tried any of these products, I'm still researching them and their many benefits, but if anyone else is curious, here's the list:
- COLD PRESSED, EXTRA VIRGIN, ORGANIC, UNREFINED COCONUT OIL: It's a moisturizer, antioxidant, antibiotic, multi-nutrient and multivitamin all in one! Coconut oil contains mostly fats, so it acts as an emollient providing a softening and soothing effect. The benefits of coconut oil are endless! The one worry for some is that it may be comedogenic.
- FAT SOLUBLE VITAMIN C: Vitamin C is also really great for the skin. It helps with anti-aging and healing. However, topical serums are quite expensive so I don't think I will be trying Vitamin C lol.
- AUBREY ORGANICS PURE 100% ALOE VERA: Aloe is also great for healing cuts and burns. It's an extremely popular sunburn therapy - yes I'm talking to you Benzoyl Peroxide users - ever get burned really bad in the summer? I know I have. Aloe is also an acne treatment! Aloe vera gel contains two hormones: Auxin and Gibberellins. These two hormones provide wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce skin inflammation. Giberellin in aloe vera acts as a growth hormone stimulating the growth of new cells. It allows the skin to heal quickly and naturally with minimal scarring. Here's a link to buy it off of Amazon: *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules.*
- 100% PURE, ORGANIC, UNREFINED SHEA BUTTER: Often used with African Black Soap, Shea Butter is one of the most natural moisturizers out there. It's perfect for you natural-organic junkies. Here's a link to buy it off Amazon for fairly cheap: *Moderator edit, URL removed* (for the benefits of this product, read the description on this listing, HOWEVER I WARN YOU THIS PARTICULAR LISTING HAS VERY MIXED REVIEWS)
- MICHAEL TODD TRUE ORGANICS HONEY & OATS CLEANSER: I've been looking for a natural cleanser and this one just caught my eye. It's kind of on the pricier side but it has amazing reviews and I feel like it would be worth the money. The entire brand is organic, and if you're interested, they also have a blemish control line, so definitely check out Michael Todd products. I haven't tried them yet but I can't wait to! I'll let you all know how it works out.
Other great oils you might want to consider include Jojoba Oil (which I've used for over a year and I LOVE) and Avocado Oil; which I have not tried. I hope this helps you!
Edited by biggs881, 24 September 2013 - 04:04 PM.