food diet paleo healthy acne

4 replies to this topic

#1 stantheman123

stantheman123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

I've been suffering from acne for 2 years and I believe it's a genetic thing but I'm trying to take care of it the best way I can. Other than doing my normal skincare routine, what can I do to help me skin get better? I've been trying to find a good diet but if you could give me some examples, that would be appreciated. Also, I live in a dorm environment, so I don't have access to a kitchen of any sorts but I plan on buying a rice cooker and I don't think I'm allowed to have a hot plate or anything like that so can't really cook. Any ideas would be appreciated.

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

It is a genetic thing. And it what you do to yourself.  A good acne diet is the same as a good healthy diet.  A truly healthy diet.  Real, whole, nutrient dense foods, more anti-inflammatory foods than in inflammatory in low to moderate glycemic load meals, drinks and snacks that don't include anything you have an intolerance for. Which you have to figure out.

Try visiting the Nutrition and holistic board here. Start with this thread: http://www.acne.org/...t-lead-to-acne/

And this: http://dietforclears...n-is-aging.html

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#3 janetjoseph67

janetjoseph67

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:makeup and dresses

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

A healthful diet rich in natural whole foods like vegetables, fruits, whole grains and beans is the first recommendation for treating acne. Foods containing trans-fatty acids, such as milk, milk products, margarine, shortening and other synthetically hydrogenated vegetable oils, as well as fried foods, must be avoided.

#4 tommyhaynes96

tommyhaynes96

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

You can prevent, clear up, or eliminate acne by reducing high glycemic load foods from your diet and keeping your insulin levels low. This may sound difficult, but it's really just a complicated way of saying, eat fewer processed and refined foods and your pimples will go away. 

#5 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

Plant-based diet cures almost everything and prevents  practically everything. Many people here gave you good advice. Go vegan, live healthy for ever and have glowy skin!

Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.
Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.
Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!
I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users