Had Subcision With Dermal Fillers Today. Lumpy Face

14 replies to this topic

#1 NUBY3

NUBY3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me
  • Interests:running, hiking, golf, writing music, art, learning, things that make me laugh

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

I had subcision on a few depressed ice pick type scars with dermal filling.  I felt like it wasn't going to go well, honestly, but I trusted the doctor.  I had wanted excisions.  I regret it right now.  I have lumps on my face.  is this pretty normal with subcision?  is this swelling that will eventually go down?  thanks for help

#2 Anthonytong

Anthonytong

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

I think it is normal, just be patient :)

#3 NUBY3

NUBY3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:running, hiking, golf, writing music, art, learning, things that make me laugh

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

yeah, I think so too.  I've been icing for 10-15 minutes every hour like the doctor said, and some of the swelling has gone down.  I'm feeling better about it right now.  I think it's hard not to freak out a bit when you first do stuff.  I always tell myself to expect to look terrible after a procedure, but I always forget and freak out anyways.  thanks for the reply.  the subcision was crayzay.  I could hear AND feel the scar tissue being broken up as he worked the needle underneath the scars.  pretty nuts.  I can only imagine that would be a good thing.

#4 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

Dont worry bout it. That is completely normal and actually a good thing. Keep up the fight bro.

#5 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

He used filler on ice pick scars?  Are they true ice pick scars with a sharp edge and are deep?  A dermal filler usually only works on broad based, rolling type acne scars.  Its good that he performed subcision before filler, since you need to create a void for the filler material.  

#6 NUBY3

NUBY3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

He used filler on ice pick scars?  Are they true ice pick scars with a sharp edge and are deep?  A dermal filler usually only works on broad based, rolling type acne scars.  Its good that he performed subcision before filler, since you need to create a void for the filler material.  

yeah, filler for ice picks.  I also thought it seemed weird.  they are not deep ice picks, but ice picks none the less.

#7 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

Would you be able to post some after pics for us?

#8 NUBY3

NUBY3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

befores and afters.  I have these little sharp shallow picks and gashes.  really annoying.  I did a tca cross which did soften them up, I mainly saw the doctor to find out what he could do about the two at the bottom.  I was gonna just have em cut out but he said he thought he could fill them.

Attached Thumbnails

• 006.jpg
  • 008.jpg

Edited by NUBY3, 02 May 2013 - 07:42 PM.

#9 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

What kind of filler did he use? they are hardly anything and you really don't look bad at all - I wouldn't let it ruin your life!

#10 NUBY3

NUBY3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

well, the biggest thing for me was, the pits from the scarring were all bunched up in that little area and my cheek had caved in.  So I had a pit in my cheek.  I managed to improve it with dermarolling for 5 months, but once I got there I wanted to help the gashes.  The subcision and fillers seems to have done a lot for the part of my cheek that had caved in, got it a lot closer to normal again.  So, I don't feel like it's ruining my life any more, but I still want to make it better if I can.  I didn't have anything at all really a year and a half ago and it all just kinda hit me all at once.  thank you very much.  I don't feel as impaired by it now as I did a month or two ago, I'm feeling better about it all the time, but I see no reason to accept it for what it is and stop fighting.  I want to keep working on it and get it as good as I can.

you know, I don't even know.  He did tell me that it would last 6-9 months, so I'm sure it's hyaluronic acid.

Edited by NUBY3, 03 May 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#11 zaak27

zaak27

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

how much did u pay for the subcision? thanks

#12 NUBY3

NUBY3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

the subcision and fillers was 550.

#13 lisaw

lisaw

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

Hi - can I check in on how your lumps are post-subcision? It's been a month or more. I just had subcision+filler and am in a similar situation. Hoping that the lumps will resolve with time. Thanks! 

#14 nomo14

nomo14

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

Hi, I am in Houston, TX and would like to know what Doctor did your subcision and fillers and if you are happy with your results? I would like to get something similar done. Thanks

#15 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

the new treatment called enerjet combines subcision with filler. i have gotten 2 so far. yes i also had lumps right after treatment. they go away after. shouldnt worry. my down time was 1 week and started seeing reults 2 weeks and up after. enerjet is a mechanical way of subcision n filler by hand. good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users