Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dani_katze

Tretinoin Pills

2 posts in this topic

Hello!

I would like to know if anyone here has some experience with taking tretinoin pills. I recently went to a dermatologist who prescribe me tretinoin pills (the commercial name is acnelin). I should start with a low dose of 20mg for monday, wednesday and friday for one month and then to have a liver test, because I am taking other strong medicines (tamoxiphen due a past breast cancer on 2011 and and antidepressant). I am concerned if this medicine is too strong for my liver... and if it really works. I am 39 years old and I have been fighting agains acne problems since school... I was on contraceptives for many years. But after breastcancer I can no longer take hormons ever again.

Thank you in advance!

Dani

I'm taking accutane at the moment, which is isotretinoin, and im on 20mg a day for 9 months to destroy my sebum glands and forever clear me of acne hopefully. So far im about one month in, my skin is breaking out a bit (which is expected) but it is also much smoother and nicer and not oily. The only downside is you get dry lips, which lip balm can solve.

I would recommend it, though careful because you can experience some severe side effects potentially.