Photo

Very Frustrated

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Helpclear

Helpclear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

Ok so I've been using the acne.org regimen since July 2011 and it has worked really well, pretty much getting rid of 95% of my acne.  The last 6 months or more my acne has been getting worse and worse like the BP isn't working.  Most of the acne I get is below my lips, which are almost always whiteheads, and then obove my lips and around my nose a little less.  It's getting really frustrating to have all these whiteheads below my lips and even on my lip right now that hurt like hell and make me feel disgusting.  I even changed toothpaste 2 months ago thinking that may help by eliminating sls, but no help from that either.

I decided to use Saw Palmetto on Friday.  I've been taking two 160mg pills a day and so far it has done nothing.  In fact I feel it may be worse so far.  I hope this gets better.

Edited by Helpclear, 08 May 2013 - 09:52 AM.

Acne.org regimen user since July 2011.  Taking 50mg Zinc daily since May 17.

#2 XC60

XC60

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:30 AM

I've tried SP without any results, maybe try MSM instead.

Volvo For Life!

#3 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

hi,

It takes any type of supplement/oral treatment a few months before you notice results. I took yaz birth control, it took 4 months to work but once it worked my skin was clear. I also take a supplement called Hairomega 3-in-1, its formulated for hair loss but its basically an anti-DHT supplement it works well for acne too.  Shen Min has an anti_DHt suplement at the Vitamin Shoppe .

Maybe you could also try spearmint? Its proven to reduce oil production, you can drink two cups of tea per day or, if youre lazy like me, pop a supplement.

Ok so I've been using the acne.org regimen since July 2011 and it has worked really well, pretty much getting rid of 95% of my acne.  The last 6 months or more my acne has been getting worse and worse like the BP isn't working.  Most of the acne I get is below my lips, which are almost always whiteheads, and then obove my lips and around my nose a little less.  It's getting really frustrating to have all these whiteheads below my lips and even on my lip right now that hurt like hell and make me feel disgusting.  I even changed toothpaste 2 months ago thinking that may help by eliminating salycic acid, but no help from that either.

I decided to use Saw Palmetto on Friday.  I've been taking two 160mg pills a day and so far it has done nothing.  In fact I feel it may be worse so far.  I hope this gets better.

#4 cvd

cvd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Something else may be going on right now with your skin that is different than acne...especially in the way it is only happening around your mouth. I'd recommend you see a dermatologist for this because acne products may be too irritating and make it worse.

Status - 99.9% clear

Morning - Panoxyl 4 Cleanser (BP), Cleocin-T, DML Lotion, Physician's Formula SPF 30 Mineral Pressed Powder, Spiro 100 mg

Night - Cetaphil Antibacterial Bar, DML Lotion

Monthly - Professional microdermabrasion

Diet - Whole high nutrient unprocessed foods.  Avoid oils, dairy, sugars, bread, nuts, alcohol, caffeine, and fermented foods.

Supplements - Opti l-zinc, citrical + D3

Daily - Walk, breath deeply, meditate and do yoga daily, wear hats for sun protection 

#5 Helpclear

Helpclear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Well I've been thinking about this for a bit.  I had pretty bad acne on my neck which is still clear with the regimen.  The only difference between how I apply it on my neck and around my mouth is I don't use moisturizer on my neck, forehead, or cheeks anymore.  At first dryness was a huge issue and I needed loads of moisturizer and even some jojoba oil as I would be extremely dried out.  I haven't had dryness issues on my neck in a long time like it got used to the BP.

Now for around my mouth I switched from the Dan's moisturizer to AHA to try to help with the whiteheads about 1 month ago but I haven't seen a difference with that.   Maybe I shouldn't use any moisturizer as it is may be clogging my pores.

Another thing is I have bacne as well which I never worried too much about as it's hidden so I probably have pretty bad hormonal acne.  I'll keep trying this Saw Palmetto and give it a while longer and then try some other suggestions as I don't want to change more than one thing.  I was reading about taking loads of B5 as well and haven't ever tried that.

#6 Helpclear

Helpclear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

Well I'm using Jojoba oil now instead of the acne.org moisturizer or aha and my skin is doing much better so far.  I also stopped taking the Saw Palmetto.

#7 vituperative

vituperative

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

Are you using any kind of lip balm? I know some men who use chapstick before bed and they got acne break outs around the mouth because it smudges when they sleep.

My Skincare Routine

Morning:
Wash face with Thursday Plantation Acne Face Wash

Night:

Remove makeup with Nivea Daily Essentials Facial Cleansing Wipes (Fragrance Free)
Wash face with Thursday Plantation Acne Face Wash

Gently scrub face with regular table salt
Wash face with Proactiv Deep Cleansing Wash

Shower:

Clean & Clear Deep Action In-Shower Facial Mask

Antibiotics: Doryx 50mg morning and at night

Make up: Revlon Colorstay for combination/oily skin
Did an 8 month course of Roaccutane in 2003

#8 Helpclear

Helpclear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

No I'm not.

#9 melmel87

melmel87

melle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

AHA can cause a breakout, especially if you're using both bp and aha together it can over-exfoliate the skin, causing irritation = acne.

Well I've been thinking about this for a bit.  I had pretty bad acne on my neck which is still clear with the regimen.  The only difference between how I apply it on my neck and around my mouth is I don't use moisturizer on my neck, forehead, or cheeks anymore.  At first dryness was a huge issue and I needed loads of moisturizer and even some jojoba oil as I would be extremely dried out.  I haven't had dryness issues on my neck in a long time like it got used to the BP.

Now for around my mouth I switched from the Dan's moisturizer to AHA to try to help with the whiteheads about 1 month ago but I haven't seen a difference with that.   Maybe I shouldn't use any moisturizer as it is may be clogging my pores.

Another thing is I have bacne as well which I never worried too much about as it's hidden so I probably have pretty bad hormonal acne.  I'll keep trying this Saw Palmetto and give it a while longer and then try some other suggestions as I don't want to change more than one thing.  I was reading about taking loads of B5 as well and haven't ever tried that.

#10 Helpclear

Helpclear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

I thought I would give a bit of an update.  There seems to be about no difference to my face now with jojoba oil.  All the excitement that it was working for nothing.