Help Me Choose A Full Coverage Foundation

12 replies to this topic

#1 sot1

sot1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

I'm a guy and have horrible skin. I need full coverage foundation to cover it up. I don't get many spots but my skin is either always dry or oily and tends to look dull. Worst of all, however, is the redness. Urgh, the redness is horrible in natural dayllight.

I used to use Revlon Colorstay foundation in Sand Beige, and it woked perfectly. No one ever noticed that I had makeup on. However, they changed the formula and it's nowhere near as good as before.

As visiting a makeup counter is out of the question, I've (embarassingly) spent a lot of money these past few weeks on stuff that hardly makes my skin look better. I've used Estee Lauder Double Wear, Revlon Colorstay (New Formula one), Jane Iredale Liquid Mineral and Everyday Minerals (gave me cysts). I'm sure that there isn't a girl, let alone a guy, who has bought as much makeup in such a short time frame.

It sucks, I've been turning down social invitations lately, as I really don't want to go out looking this bad. I've already spent so much money on stuff that I no longer have any use for :(

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations on full coverage foundation that looks as natural as possible?

Anyone have any experience with Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover?

#2 oilydave94

oilydave94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

http://www.menaji.co...ti-shine-powder

Looks natural if you use a little and apply it right. It doesn't provide full coverage but you're a guy, so you shouldn't be wearing full coverage because eventually someone will spot you wearing makeup. 

#3 Helton

Helton

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

Have you tried the Colorstay Whipped one?

I used to use the liquid and felt it was alright, can be a bit unnatural but gets the job done. However, the whipped one is WAY better than the liquid for me.

I sure hope they didn't touch the whipped formula... :/

If you have tried both version of CS, then I would suggest Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation; I have heard people review that it works very similar to CS.

#4 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Being happy no matter what.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

There is a new line out called oxygenix, its pretty expensive but its definately full-coverage. It was formulated to help heal and cover skin after procedures like laser therapy and skin peels. Ive tried it, its light and doesnt irritate or clog pores. You can get it from skin care professionals or on the internet it IS expensive though but its the only foundation Ive seen which actually helps heal skin.

Edited by AuguriesofInnocence, 29 April 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#5 vituperative

vituperative

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

I am so annoyed about the Revlon Colorstay formula changing!! They added more sunscreen to it I think and now the coverage isn't as full as it used to be. Takes longer to build up. I hate when companies change good formulas! Sorry I haven't got good advice, I just wanted to vent my frustration, lol.

#6 Morgo K

Morgo K

Skincare enthusiast

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

Rimmel Match Perfection is very good and very natural looking + has a massive shade range which are all real looking skin tones, none of that orange or pink crap ;)

It's definitely light/medium coverage and very very blendable so no tide marks or streaks however it can be built up in areas where needed to the coverage of revlon colorstay. It's brilliant for flaking skin also. Only problem is it does not set in the way that colorstay does as it's not a longwearing foundation so it will rub off easier and come off with sweat/oil probably.

If you're looking for more high-end then I'd suggest Lancome Teint Miracle 24hr or Chanel vitalumiere aqua

#7 sot1

sot1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

I thought I would update this for anyone who is in the same position. I recently started using Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation and it's excellent. I've been clubbing the past few days and even felt comfortable sitting outside in daylight... both things I tend to avoid, although this isn't as big of a problem as it sounds considering that English weather forces people indoors.

I've read that some people think that it is noticeable. I haven't found this to be the case. In fact, I think it is much less noticeable than some of the products I've used before. The key isn't to use it like a normal foundation. This stuff is very high coverage after all. The key is to use a small amount, like a really small amount, on problem areas. Make sure that you use a mirror in the most natural light as possible as well.

I've currently got it in Opal but will probably get it in Nude as well. Mix it and then it should match perfectly.

#8 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

Clinique continuous coverage is the best I've come across. Great coverage and lasts all day long. Plus you can order it online!

#9 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Being happy no matter what.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

do you find Clinique to be non-comedogenic (doesnt break you out?)

Clinique continuous coverage is the best I've come across. Great coverage and lasts all day long. Plus you can order it online!

#10 Morgo K

Morgo K

Skincare enthusiast

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

There's a difference between something being non-comedogenic and it breaking people out. Some people are fine with non-comedogenic products and some are not. Even non-comedogenic products can break some people out; however all of the Clinique foundations I've looked into are not non-comedogenic.

#11 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

It is non comedogenic it's has never broke me out I have quite a few friends that use it aswell and it doesn't break them out.

#12 meowza

meowza

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Also Makeup Forever HD is awesome. I got the kit which comes with a primer that actually protects my skin and a brush that helps it blend well, very airbrush-ed. Its the first makeup that hasn't looked like make up on me.

#13 kylenea

kylenea

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:spying, photography, voyeurism, beauty

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

Sot1:

What is your complexion like, besides red, as you said!

Where do you live? Is there a Sephora near you? Sephora is an absolute god-send, and allows you to sample any product (permitted it can literally be sampled and divided), before you purchase. This is how I've perfected my beauty regime over time. They also have an amazing return policy. If you don't like it, and even if you don't have the receipt, you can return it within 60 days for store credit (refund if receipt). 

That said, through my trials and tribulations I've found two absolute favorites. One, Lorac Natural Perfomance Foundation. It's a full coverage liquid and requires no primer and no powder over it. Very flawless, airbrushed. My new favorite is, as Meowz said, MakeUpForever liquid Foundation HD. It works a bit better with primer, unlike the Lorac which requires none, but regardless is very "non-makeup" looking. Both can be layered for fuller or lesser coverage. 

I believe Ulta carries Lorac in-store, and Sephora carries MUFE in store. 

Good luck! 

Edited by kylenea, 31 May 2013 - 01:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users