Photo

Caveman Regimen Log

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#21 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

Are you using water just because you need to get the hair off your face after shaving? Why not try just a dry cloth to dust yourself off? Do you use water to shave or do you use an electric razor? Sorry, I'm a lady and don't need to shave my face so I don't know much about it lol but I definitely can't imagine dry-shaving...ouch.

I use an electric shaver. Yeah I could use a dry-cloth, but my face gets a little oily so the hairs kinda...stick?

It would be so easier being a girl on this regimen...
Not at all easier! I'm trying to figure out how I can modify it so that I can still wear makeup. It's nearly impossible!
As of right now, I'm using an oil mixture at night to get the makeup off and then not doing anything in the morning except putting my makeup on. My skin is already improving.

Also, you could try using a face brush (or one of those super soft-bristled baby brushes) to get all the little hairs off that stick. It seems like that would be the best option. You can get them cheap at a drugstore. Or here's the one that I sometimes use to exfoliate a little:  http://www.sephora.c...ion-brush-P0096
My boyfriend said that's what he'd use if he couldn't rinse his face with water.
Thanks! Yeah, I never thought about makeup...I hold my hands up, I was wrong!

That's brush seems perfect, I'm going to get one as soon as I can. Talking about makeup, I'm going to start wearing Clinique's gel bronzer for men (for scarring and my ultra pale face). What oils do you use to remove makeup?

Thanks again :)

Edited by LewisS, 12 May 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#22 heitea

heitea

Smile! It makes you beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

Are you using water just because you need to get the hair off your face after shaving? Why not try just a dry cloth to dust yourself off? Do you use water to shave or do you use an electric razor? Sorry, I'm a lady and don't need to shave my face so I don't know much about it lol but I definitely can't imagine dry-shaving...ouch.

I use an electric shaver. Yeah I could use a dry-cloth, but my face gets a little oily so the hairs kinda...stick?

It would be so easier being a girl on this regimen...
Not at all easier! I'm trying to figure out how I can modify it so that I can still wear makeup. It's nearly impossible!
As of right now, I'm using an oil mixture at night to get the makeup off and then not doing anything in the morning except putting my makeup on. My skin is already improving.

Also, you could try using a face brush (or one of those super soft-bristled baby brushes) to get all the little hairs off that stick. It seems like that would be the best option. You can get them cheap at a drugstore. Or here's the one that I sometimes use to exfoliate a little:  http://www.sephora.c...ion-brush-P0096
My boyfriend said that's what he'd use if he couldn't rinse his face with water.
Thanks! Yeah, I never thought about makeup...I hold my hands up, I was wrong!

That's brush seems perfect, I'm going to get one as soon as I can. Talking about makeup, I'm going to start wearing Clinique's gel bronzer for men (for scarring and my ultra pale face). What oils do you use to remove makeup?

Thanks again smile.png

A tan (or a fake, safer one via bronzer) can definitely reduce the appearance of scars-- it's why so many girls use it on their legs and thighs-- to hide any hip-growing-induced stretch marks! :P  So, I think a gel bronzer would be a fine choice to hide scarring. I use a mixture of ~50% jojoba oil/~50% grapeseed oil with a couple drops of tea tree oil. I rub a quarter-sized amount into my skin and then wipe it all off with tissues. Then, sometimes, when my skin seems a little reddish or if I don't think all the makeup is off, I'll do the whole thing again but with straight up virgin coconut oil. Then I go to bed. Good stuff.