Photo

Taking The Plunge - Roaccutane (Male, Uk, 19 Y.o.)

roaccutane male

29 replies to this topic

#21 MJRI94

MJRI94

Dat acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

Thanks guys I appreciate it! My skin hasn't been this clear for literally 6 years... long may this continue!

#22 soulivan7

soulivan7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Addicted to tweeting

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

It's great to see that it's going well for you!

#23 MJRI94

MJRI94

Dat acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

Thanks soulivan, means a lot smile.png

Day 42: So its been a little while since my last update and I'm now roughly 1/3rd of the way through the course. Its still flying by. I don't have any new side effects to report thankfully! Lips have been dry as a desert and sometimes very sore and bloodied when I've woken up in the morning but thats stopped as of around 5 days ago (never forget your lip balm or whatever you use for dry lips - I did once and couldn't stop myself licking at my dry lips which only made it more sore!). Skin is dry but once I have applied some moisturizer its completely fine - not too dry or too oily, just 'normal' like everyone else!  

My skin was pretty clear since my last update but when I touched it I could feel a sort of roughness to it, nothing to complain or be worried about at all but it wasn't like it is now. I don't think I've ever had such smooth skin and it still seems to be improving every day. I'm getting comments off people saying how good my skin looks and it means so much to me to hear that from people who have seen it when its been utterly awful. My back is also now completely free of acne, no more big painful cysts that sometimes made trying to sleep uncomfortable!

Unfortunately my grandma recently passed away (she had been ill for some time) but the last time I saw her she said how nice my skin looked and how happy she was for me. I'll never forget that because she knew how much it affected me, I am so glad she got to see it improve after these years, it made her happy.

And thats about it. I'm done with uni for the summer and the sun is shining here at home so I'm making the most of it (wearing high factor sunscreen of course!). Next update will probably be around day 60-ish.

Peace!

2013-06-08_12-51-23_402.jpg

#24 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

did ur back get discolored from the cysts

#25 richardb

richardb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

Looks great for Day 42!  I don't have much acne anymore, just a really red face that looks sunburned.

#26 MJRI94

MJRI94

Dat acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

did ur back get discolored from the cysts

Yep, I've got hyper pigmentation where they were and also quite a lot of scars. for some reason my face hardly scarred that much but the top of my back scarred a lot, even though I always picked at my face!

Looks great for Day 42!  I don't have much acne anymore, just a really red face that looks sunburned.

Thanks man, I know what you mean with the redness. The redness for me seems to have passed now but sometimes if I'm doing something strenuous (like excising) it will flare up a bit, hang in there smile.png

#27 Feelin'SomeRhythm

Feelin'SomeRhythm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

I just want to jump in and say how amazing and inspiring this log is - dude, your skin is looking great! I've recently made the decision that it's about time I take accutane, I've put it off for years despite doctors suggesting otherwise, but enough is enough. You should feel great about your skin man, it's looking fantastic! 

#28 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

permanent scars?

I think maybe picking prevents scarring

#29 MJRI94

MJRI94

Dat acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

I just want to jump in and say how amazing and inspiring this log is - dude, your skin is looking great! I've recently made the decision that it's about time I take accutane, I've put it off for years despite doctors suggesting otherwise, but enough is enough. You should feel great about your skin man, it's looking fantastic! 

Thanks mate I really appreciate the kind words smile.png I'm glad you made the decision to go ahead and give it a try, I also put it off for years - I know its said a lot on successful 'tane logs/stories but I really do regret not taking it sooner - its done me a world of good not only in terms of my skin but my confidence. The hardest part was the first week or so for me, its different for everyone but keep in mind what you are trying to achieve in the long term if it gets tough to handle, best of luck

permanent scars?

I think maybe picking prevents scarring

They are permanent yes. I have 2 large ones that look like bullet wounds haha, the rest are smaller and placed randomly all over the top of my back and shoulders. I have a lot of little weird discoloured bits that are white really pale compared to my normal skin tone but I think they might fade given time. Its not so bad though, they really don't bother me now.

As for the picking its very strange, I never picked at my back, just my face yet the scarring is bad on my back but not my face... weird how it worked out like that!

Edited by MJRI94, 18 June 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#30 RickGrimes

RickGrimes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Yeah man that's a really clear and succint improvement!
I just read through your log from start to finish seeing as it seems we have similar scenarios. I just started Roaccutine a few days ago at 40mg a day  and am 18, and only really started researching it on the internet today. Despite my GP and dermatologist both saying that it was the way to go, some of the rumours and fear-mongering I have seen on different blogs have still made me pretty nervous, but seeing your log and others on this website has definetely quelled my concerns and excited to get into this treatment. Thanks :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users