spiro

No replies to this topic

#1 CC23NYC

CC23NYC

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

Since I was eighteen I've suffered from moderately severe acne. I was clear from 21-22 from 200 mg of minocycline a day plus birth control. It was an incredible feeling to not wake up every morning to new acne and to not restrict my lifestyle choices out of fear for how my skin would react. I truly felt that my life was changed and that I was presenting the 'true' me to the world for the first time in my life. Unfortunately, after a year I developed a resistance to the antibiotics. My zits, whiteheads, and blackheads came back, and for the first time in my life I had cystic acne--enormous, throbbing cysts that made my face swell to twice its size and left terrible scars when they finally left. I went to a new dermatologist who prescribed spiro, starting me with 50 mg a day. Im now almost 5 months in and I worry every day that it isn't truly working. Aside from a horrible initial breakout (both when I first started and when my derm upped my dosage to 100 mg) the cysts do seem to have improved, but it's hard to tell overall if the pills are going to give me the results I want. everytime I feel I might finally be getting clear, a new pimple pops up, though the healing time does seem much shorter than before. I am also breaking out in areas I've never had a problem before, like my chest and forehead. Is there anyone out there on spiro who eventually saw the results they wanted but still wasn't clear at the 5-month mark? I have hope for this medicine, since my mother, who has very similar acne to me, was totally cleared by it. But I am tired of feeling like my acne is out of control and am so tempted to ask my derm for accutane just to get my life back once and for all. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users