161 replies to this topic

#121 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

When I started AHA on spiro obviously and I was clear and I got a few new zits too and they cleared up in a couple days. Just smaller ones. I think it's just our damn sensitive delicate skin getting used to a new product. No fun but I really like it. ALOT

#122 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

Like Moonlight, i hope thats the case for me.  Most of the bumps are tiny.  The ones on my forehead are bigger and hard and somewhat red and from my experience, takes a while to go away.  But in all honesty, if this will help with flakiness and skin tone, it's a sacrifice i won't mind making.

But we'll see.  I have a lot of travel plans coming up and i'm off the healthy eating bandwagon so hoping that once i get back on, things will improve.

#123 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Ya I hear ya! I hope it's the case with you too and they disappear quickly. I'll be thinking of ya girly!

#124 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Achievements

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

Day #77

Wow

, we're getting closer to the 3 month/90 day mark.  Needless to say, I am still struggling with my skin and will most likely seek the advice of a derm sometime in August.  My face is no longer getting huge inflamed acne but I am getting numerous small red bumps exclusively by my mouth/chin.  It leaves the area red and somewhat irritated looking (constant redness to me is irritation but I could be wrong).  Also, I am getting more obvious patches of dry skin on my cheeks that are really disgusting to look at.  The use of AHA looks promising though and I am hoping that with more frequent use, it can help with that.  I have used it 3 times thus far and the third time did not burn at all so I will now bump up to using a dollop every other day so this weeks schedule will look like this: Fri, Sun, Tue, Thur, Sat.  we'll see how that goes.  I also noticed that one or two acne free spots under my jaw are red so I will begin limiting BP use there since I am not getting acne there.  Anyway, what are peoples thoughts.  Should I go back to the drawing board or give it more time?   I am being as gentle as I can be and I am following the instructions to the letter.  For regimen veterans, is it normal to still be experiencing this dryness and irritated skin this late in the game?  At what point should I just call it quits.  To not make this post all doom and gloom, my forehead and cheeks remain clear so clearly The Regimen does work to some extent and it is one of the better tropicals that I have used.  Looking forward to getting some responses.

#125 Faith in Butterflies

Faith in Butterflies

Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

Keep at it Sasch, I'm pretty sure that something you are using is causing that reaction.. what is everything that you are using?

#126 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

How are things coming along Hun?

#127 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

Hey guys! It's been a while since ive been updated but its because I've been travelling....a lot. Things are the same since I last updated and I don't expect things to change unfortunately. I have a derm appt for the first week in August and I am going to ask for Spiro- not really interested in another topical solution . Acne has cleared up for the most part except for where it counts which is my chin/mouth area and under my jaw. I am also getting redness around the mouth despite decreasing the BP amount there so......

I can't wait to finish travelling so that I can get back on the healthy eating bandwagon because even though diet never helped my acne, I physically felt better than I do now.

@faith, I am doing everything correctly so I'm not sure why i am still breaking out and experiencing areas of redness.

@moonlight. Nothing has changed. I really hope that the derm is open to Spiro even though acne along chin/mouth/ jaw is not horrendous- just persistent and the redness makes it look much worse.

Off on another vacation so ill update when I can

Thanks for the support guys!

BTW- using the AHA two days on and one day off. I like it but its too early to see if its helping or hurting.

#128 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

Good luck sasch!! Hang in there and you know you will get The upper hand on your acne soon. I think spiro will be the answer. If your derm doesn't agree with it then try your ob. They are thrilled to treat hormonal acne.

#129 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

Day # 100

Wow, it seems like i havent given a legit update in forever but ive been travelling and spending time with the people i love which trumps blogging anyday.  But now i'm back home and ready to get back to my life as it was.  So for all of you that have been reading, here is my 10th day update:

The last week has been pretty much good skin wise.  i am not crystal clear but the acne i have been getting have been barely noticiable to the point that i've hardly been looking in the mirror at all.  Now my period is on its way so we'll see if that holds up.  I have also graduated to using AHA every night mixed in with my moisturizer and i love it!  I am not flaking anymore and i am hoping that the few dry patches on my face will dimish along with the marks.   As for the redness by my mouth, it hasn't been an issue in a week so we'll see if that continues.  If my face stays the way it is now long term, i'll be a happy camper.  i have my derm appointment this Friday but i am considering cancelling as there is not much to show him and i doubt he'll prescribe spiro for acne that has been improving on another program but we'll see.

i am truly hoping that my skin is finally turning a corner. 

one thing to note it that there is an acne cluster under my jaw that has not improved.......at all.  Not sure what thats about but we'll see.

#130 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:05 AM

100 days! That's a bit of an achievement in itself :P

Glad to hear you're seeing more improvements Sasch - hope it continues that way for you!

#131 ADreamer

ADreamer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

Hey Sasch! :)

Getting to know your skin better!

Really happy you kept going and reached 100 days! 100 days is quite a number and i think it's the time where you can finally tell if something is working or not, at least that was it like during my tane course. I hope thing will keep getting better from now on :D

I know the feeling of "i've tried it all" . . . so i hope this works for you. But remember, there's always a solution to a problem and if this doesn't work, there's tons of stuff left. But i am sure this will work, it has toeusa_pray.gif Just be careful, better safe than sorry. Don't over irritate your skin.

#132 Faith in Butterflies

Faith in Butterflies

Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

I'm so glad things are looking better for you, you deserve it <3

Keep us updated hun :)

#133 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

Day 124 (4 months!!!1)cheer.gifcheer.gifcheer.gifcheer.gifcheer.gifcheer.gifcheer.gif

So i know i havent been updating as much but things have been the same so no point in being repetitive.  Acne.org is working well for me.  4 months in and despite the setbacks, i can finally say that my acne is controlled.....YAY!  I have been through one menstration cycle with no large bumps and i am about to start another and so far, so good.  The acne i get is not inflammed and its mostly tny bumps that are not that visible and 90% of the time it will be on my chin/mouth area.  i mentioned before the cluster of bumps under my chin and yes, thats still there and no, it hasn't gone away but thankfully, it is not visible to other people so out of sight, out of mind.  I do still have my issues with the regimen, mainly having to be dependent on it and my skin tone but acne was my biggest concern and that has disipated ten fold.   For anyone just starting or struggling, please read my log.  I was 3 months in and still struggling so please please please keep up with it at least till the 4th or 5th month.

In regards to doage, i manage with one pump in the AM and 1.5 in the PM.  I dont see the need to do 2 per day.

Any questions or concerns, let me know

#134 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:46 AM

Great to hear the regimen has been working so well for you Sasch! Congrats on making it to 4 months too :)

#135 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with people I love. And i love clear skin :P

Achievements

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

Oh i just love ya missy:) So sooooooooooooooooo happy for your success :)

#136 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

Day 173 (5 + months in)

Wow, it's been such a long time since i've checked in and even longer since i've been on the org.  Work has been crazy busy and life has been crazy but in a good way.  The Regimen has been going well and acne has been pretty much controlled.  I currently have 1-2 hard pimples on my cheeks which may or may not be period related but its been a while since i've had those.  I'd be lying if i said fear didn't grip me upon feeling those familiar lumps  but it is what it is. 

I am not clear but my face is acceptable to me.  I just wish i could get past the emotional hold that acne has on me.  My fear that all this progress will be undone is very real and i don't ever see myself moving past that.   If this treatment fail there is no where else to turn except for more medication.....sigh.  I'm holding on to the good times though

BTW, winter is around the corner and dryness is back so we'll see how that affects progress.

#137 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

almost 7 months in.  I hope my timeline is not off!  Wow, it's approaching seven months since i've been off accutane/on The Regimen and i can honestly say that i am happy with the results.  My skin is  not flawless and it probably will never be but its a relief to wake up and not have to examine my face and feel crestfallen every time new acne emerged.  The acne i get now is on par with normal breakouts and most often than not, it is unnoticeable to others.  Only time will tell if this Regimen can be sustained long term.  I don't want to be using BP forever but i'll use it as long as i can tolerate it.  Maybe i'll get lucky and outgrow my acne

Wishful thinking i suppose.

If anyone else is starting the regimen know that it does work even if it takes longer than 3 months.  Keep your heads up Regimen brothers and sisterscheer.gif  

#138 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:36 AM

The change of environment, the stress of the death in my family and probably other factors have led to me starting to break out mostly on my right chin.   Bummer.  its several small bumps that are raised.  I struggles with these the most since starting the regimen and its the same side of my face too.  I think I'll increase my am amount of BP.  I hope that this is not the beginning of things to come.....fingers crossed

#139 DamnLife

DamnLife

The Great One

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:44 AM

The change of environment, the stress of the death in my family and probably other factors have led to me starting to break out mostly on my right chin.   Bummer.  its several small bumps that are raised.  I struggles with these the most since starting the regimen and its the same side of my face too.  I think I'll increase my am amount of BP.  I hope that this is not the beginning of things to come.....fingers crossed

Yes you're breaking out because of your hormonal changes stress, anxiety and depression causes hormones to not work the way they should.

And well, sorry for your loss :/

#140 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

Thank You.  I agree that it is as a result of all these changes.  I have several iflammed red bumps on my chest which i know is mosquito bites and several on my face ( the right side).   I am not sure if the ones on my face are acne or mosquito bites - either way, I leave to go back to the states today so I should  clear up in a week if this is indeed mosquito.  This sucks!  In the  meantime I am taking benadryl to combat the itchiness and hopefully the swolleness.  I am still using the regimen as prescribed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users