the regimen acne

161 replies to this topic

#41 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

UPDATE:

The jojoba oil may have to go.  Things seemed fine last night but this morning my face is red and splotchy - a sure fire sign that i am about to have a first class breakout.  Dammit, i can't catch a break.  I'll see how things progress throughout the day and i may continue to use throughout the weekend but IDK.  These bumps that are coming up are tiny red bumps (clogged pores) - the redness is mostly around my mouth/chin area (acne central).   This reminds me of when i had a facial and even though my skin felt smooth, those little fuckers just popped up and of course i broke out bad.  Not sure what to do.  Push through or shelf yet another product?

I say push through! It is still early on in the regimen for you and I don't think jojoba oil is the cause of your problem.

#42 Faith in Butterflies

Faith in Butterflies

Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

I agree you should give the jojoba oil some time! It may be something else that is breaking you out.

Give it another 1-2 weeks, you can do this! cheer.gif

#43 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking, Weight Lifting

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

I'd say stick with jojoba oil, Sasch. It might just be the BP pulling everything up to the surface with the new stuff you're seeing. I'm pulling for you! :]

#44 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

I hear you all re: jojoba oil but for now, i'm gonna keep it on back burner.  The reason i think it was irritating me is because my face got instantly red and tiny red bumps started surfacing  before my eyes.  The same thing happened when i got a facial last summer, just before i broke out horrendously.   I will come back to it after i begin to see some consistent improvement.  That way i can tell if it is really breaking me out.

#45 ughhhhh

ughhhhh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

I honestly hate jojoba, it makes me feel gross.

#46 smsm

smsm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

UPDATE:

The jojoba oil may have to go.  Things seemed fine last night but this morning my face is red and splotchy - a sure fire sign that i am about to have a first class breakout.  Dammit, i can't catch a break.  I'll see how things progress throughout the day and i may continue to use throughout the weekend but IDK.  These bumps that are coming up are tiny red bumps (clogged pores) - the redness is mostly around my mouth/chin area (acne central).   This reminds me of when i had a facial and even though my skin felt smooth, those little fuckers just popped up and of course i broke out bad.  Not sure what to do.  Push through or shelf yet another product?

UPDATE# 2:

So after careful consideration, i have decided to shelve the jojoba oil....for now.  I can always use it for my hands and body.  I am also switching from Dan's moisturizer to my Neutrogenia for Sensitive Skin as it has never made a difference good or bad with my acne and it doesn't leave my face dry and as flaky.  It sucks about the oil though as it really made the moisturizer go on so much better and my face feel smoother.  My 'no mirrors' rule is getting harder to follow and i find myself analyzing my skin as it gets worse and worse (almost to pre-tane level).  Emotionally, i am drained, anxious, scared, worried and havign flashbacks of the terrible summer i had in both 2011 and 2012.  I can't allow myself to go through that again.  May we all stay strong together!

amen :D
call me crazy but when i'm feeling so ugly and unlucky because of my damn acne i start searching for videos about people who went through wars or accidents or something very very bad..then i feel lucky and silly coz i cared so much about something that will eventually go away..(hopefully!lol)

now i'm considering "Diane" ... what do you think?? 

#47 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Achievements

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

UPDATE:

UPDATE# 2:

So after careful consideration, i have decided to shelve the jojoba oil....for now.  I can always use it for my hands and body.  I am also switching from Dan's moisturizer to my Neutrogenia for Sensitive Skin as it has never made a difference good or bad with my acne and it doesn't leave my face dry and as flaky.  It sucks about the oil though as it really made the moisturizer go on so much better and my face feel smoother.  My 'no mirrors' rule is getting harder to follow and i find myself analyzing my skin as it gets worse and worse (almost to pre-tane level).  Emotionally, i am drained, anxious, scared, worried and havign flashbacks of the terrible summer i had in both 2011 and 2012.  I can't allow myself to go through that again.  May we all stay strong together!

amen biggrin.png
call me crazy but when i'm feeling so ugly and unlucky because of my damn acne i start searching for videos about people who went through wars or accidents or something very very bad..then i feel lucky and silly coz i cared so much about something that will eventually go away..(hopefully!lol)

now i'm considering "Diane" ... what do you think?? 

I am not a fan of birth control because of my own experiences with it.  If you have exhausted other options then go ahead.  Not all birth control is the same though.  A member here 'green gables' has in her signature the best options for birth control as it relates to acne.  Check it out!  Spiro is also another option to help with the hormonal side of things

Day # 14

Today has been the 1st decent day that i've had on the regimen (finally!)  My acne is still here and i'm still breaking out but things seem to be slowing down.  Also, since i didn't use the jojoba oil and quit Dan's moisturizer, my face has been less dry (i didn't have to moisturize a second time today - YAY!!!!!)  I know that i will break out , probably a lot more but today was a nice reprieve.  I will continue to use a pea size amount until the end of week 3 and then ramp up to 1 pump.

#48 Faith in Butterflies

Faith in Butterflies

Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

I hear you all re: jojoba oil but for now, i'm gonna keep it on back burner.  The reason i think it was irritating me is because my face got instantly red and tiny red bumps started surfacing  before my eyes.  The same thing happened when i got a facial last summer, just before i broke out horrendously.   I will come back to it after i begin to see some consistent improvement.  That way i can tell if it is really breaking me out.

Sounds like a good plan!

#49 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

Day # 16 - Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, aunts, mentors and wonderful ladies that lead by example EVERYDAY!!!

So many people mention that it is during the 3rd to 5th week that they breakout extensively and i think that theory may be sound.  Woke up this morning and found that the right side of my face has given birth to 5-8 surface bumps (thank God - it means they'll probably go away faster).  They are not huge but there is the potential for that.  Left side is doing much better (maybe 1-2), forehead is scattered with clogged pores but there has been improvement and chin has a few surface bumps but very grainy which leads me to believe that there may be lots of gunk under there, under my chin is doing fabulous! 

FYI, my neck rash is GONE!  I stopped moisturizing as many of you suggested and it did the trick. Also, i think my face is getting used to the BP as i am not flaking as much and the BP doesn't burn like Holy Fire for the most part.  I will stick to 1/2 to 1/4 pump for another week and attempt to do 1 pump as i start week 4.  I am hesitant to ramp up to 2 bumps as the severity of my acne may not warrant it - any thoughts?

#50 Faith in Butterflies

Faith in Butterflies

Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

Happy Mother's Day to you too!! :)

Damn those breakouts! I am now breaking out and I think it's gonna continue that way the next 2 weeks, but hey at least in2-3 months we'll be completely clear! :D

I'm glad that the BP is not drying your face out as much, small improvements everyday!

And about the BP, I think you should do 1/2 pump for one more week then start using one full pump, if anything you could moisturize a lot more when you start using the full pump sideways.gif

#51 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

Day # 17.  Things are not off to a good start AT ALL!  I woke up to little bright red spots on my left mouth, chin, jaw area.  It's like when you have an allergic reaction that starts off as redness and multiplies into bumps that get big.  I so don't want to leave my house but i know that this will get worse so taking a day off only means i'll have to face the colleagues tomorrow.  I can't say i'm surprised as week 3 is when many people report BIG BREAKOUTS......sigh.  Wish it was Friday already.

@ Faith in Butterflies, i think you are right about using 1/2 pump for one more week.  Moisturizer does the trick but my face burns on and off.  Wishing it were month three already.

eusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gif

#52 Faith in Butterflies

Faith in Butterflies

Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

Hang in there Sasch, we're steps closer to clear skin :)

#53 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Stay strong, Sasch...every day leads to that long-term goal of being clear for good. :) I hope your skin calms down for you soon.

#54 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Thanks guys!  I am feeling down about it but i know that it is the process of things.  Most people seem to break out excessively and experience additional irritation among weeks3-5.  I'm still here and still giving it time.

Team Regimen all the way

#55 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

Thanks guys!  I am feeling down about it but i know that it is the process of things.  Most people seem to break out excessively and experience additional irritation among weeks3-5.  I'm still here and still giving it time.

Team Regimen all the way

Yes, weeks 3 and 4 for me were the worst. The acne on my face practically almost doubled. It was at that point I almost quit the regimen. Glad I didn't thought. The trick for me was to always keep myself busy so I rarely thought about it. I didn't want to be counting the days because it just seemed to make it longer.

Keep on it girl! Hopefully you will see some wonderful skin at the end of this somewhat painful process. :)

#56 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thanks nicmic.  I guess the first month or two of ANY regimen feels like forever.  My face is red, dry, discolored and it sucks but such is life.  It could be worse i suppose.

Thanks for the support as always.  So happy that you are doing well yourself

#57 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

DAY # 20

I got my first skin compliment in a while......woot woot!  Some random lady came up to me and said that i had nice skin.  I felt weird about it especially since i was flaking and am breaking out more on my chin and around my mouth area.  But i was gracious and said thank you.  My forehead has been doing extremely well and those small bumps are gone.  Under my chin has also cleared up tremendously.  My cheeks are also getting better.  My chin/mouth unfortunately continues to struggle but the bumps are not as big and they tend to go down with bp use fairly quickly.  Dryness has gotten worse but i think that is due to the fluctuating weather and slowly trying to up my BP use to 3/4 pumps.

Overall, the regimen has been going ok. My acne is still there but this routine has been giving me hope.

We'll see what the end of the month brings. 

#58 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

DAY # 20

I got my first skin compliment in a while......woot woot!  Some random lady came up to me and said that i had nice skin.  I felt weird about it especially since i was flaking and am breaking out more on my chin and around my mouth area.  But i was gracious and said thank you.  My forehead has been doing extremely well and those small bumps are gone.  Under my chin has also cleared up tremendously.  My cheeks are also getting better.  My chin/mouth unfortunately continues to struggle but the bumps are not as big and they tend to go down with bp use fairly quickly.  Dryness has gotten worse but i think that is due to the fluctuating weather and slowly trying to up my BP use to 3/4 pumps.

Overall, the regimen has been going ok. My acne is still there but this routine has been giving me hope.

How great is it to get a genuine compliment?? At first you would be like..."did they really just say my skin looks good?"...definitely a weird feeling at first...but I could get used to it. Haha. Glad you are seeing some definite improvements.

Soon enough your skin will get used to the BP and maybe you can start incorporating in the AHA for hyper pigmentation.

Keep up the good work. :)

#59 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

DAY # 20

Getting compliments on your skin already, that definitely tells you that the Regimen is working! :) Great to hear that you're seeing improvements, I've got a feeling it'll just keep getting better from here onward. It's been a long time since I've held out any sincere hope in an acne treatment because I've used SO many and most have turned out to be rubbish, so I definitely know what you mean when you finally find something that's effective and it actually works...so I have to second that, The Regimen inspires a ton of hope!

Keep on rollin, Sasch...you're making awesome progress. 

#60 Faith in Butterflies

Faith in Butterflies

Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

DAY # 20

Just the other day my mom told me my forehead looked clear and I was so happy to hear that! I've had acne on ny forehead for the longest.. But yeah feels awesome to hear compliments :)
Btw you should put up pics so we can see your progress. I feel like we're all breaking out around our mouth lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users